PDA

View Full Version : I'm invisible!

pendell
2013-05-16, 10:21 PM
Too bad the guy didn't get Elan's invisibility method (http://factualfacts.com/funny-facts/a-man-tried-to-rob-a-bank-after-paying-500-to-a-wizard-to-make-him-invisible/)

Chuckling,

Brian P.

Shhalahr Windrider
2013-05-17, 06:17 AM
Love that last bit. Essentialy: “I’m sorry I got caught.” :smallsigh:

Socratov
2013-05-17, 06:46 AM
wow, this cracked me up big time.

Stupidity strong in this one is...

Silverbit
2013-05-17, 08:30 AM
Wow. Some people...
I like how it says "started to go wrong". Surely the plan went wrong when he hinged it on becoming invisible.

Finlam
2013-05-17, 10:20 AM
The clear tragedy here is that not only did that wizard muck up his invisibility spell, but he overcharged for it.

I, on the other hand, have many successful years of experience turning people invisible and will offer my services for the low, low price of only $200!

Ravens_cry
2013-05-17, 10:23 AM
Mister Cellophane he ain't.:smallbiggrin:
Love the mugshot by the way.

Emmerask
2013-05-17, 10:40 AM
Mister Cellophane he ain't.:smallbiggrin:
Love the mugshot by the way.

Could also be the insane Wizards picture :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

The man’s ill-fated attempt to rob the bank started to go wrong after he entered the bank and started randomly snatching money from the hands of customers

this made me laugh really hard, the scene must have been glorious.

mistformsquirrl
2013-05-17, 11:52 AM
I guess he didn't know that banks employ Anti Magic Fields eh? <_<

Temotei
2013-05-17, 06:20 PM
I can just imagine the dumbfounded looks on people as someone just strolls up and takes their money out of their hands.

Glorious.

Also, that last line, like Shhalahr said. :smallbiggrin:

scurv
2013-05-17, 08:46 PM
I have to wonder, is said wizard accountable under the law there?

Ravens_cry
2013-05-17, 08:56 PM
Perhaps fraud? Not exactly an expert on Iranian legal matters.

scurv
2013-05-17, 11:03 PM
They frown on witchcraft there...and he did accept moneys to *cough*aid*cough* some in robbing a bank

Ravens_cry
2013-05-18, 12:25 AM
They frown on witchcraft there...and he did accept moneys to *cough*aid*cough* some in robbing a bank
Frankly, he did law enforcement and the people at the bank a favour. The robber could have used that money to buy a gun and bullets instead.

DraPrime
2013-05-18, 12:52 AM
I do wonder what he planned on doing once he grabbed the money. It's not like people will just calmly watch as their cash floats away. Then again, given the crazy stare in the photo, he may not be the type to consider this.

Sylthia
2013-05-18, 01:44 AM
He should have known that Invisibility only lasts a minute per level and it was probably only just a third level wizard who cast the spell on him, not really enough time to rob a bank.

And the spell doesn't make him inaudible, you still have to make your move silently checks.

Shhalahr Windrider
2013-05-20, 08:42 AM
I do wonder what he planned on doing once he grabbed the money. It's not like people will just calmly watch as their cash floats away. Then again, given the crazy stare in the photo, he may not be the type to consider this.

Seemed to work for Claude Rains. No one batted an eye when he took the cash drawer and started throwing the money around.

Castaras
2013-05-20, 08:50 AM
Invisibility doesn't allow you to snatch things out of hands without revealing yourself and breaking the spell. Duh. :smalltongue:

Killer Angel
2013-05-20, 02:47 PM
Oh, my...
This made my day. :smallbiggrin:

OverdrivePrime
2013-05-21, 02:48 PM
What a noob. He really should have coughed up a few million extra rials to get the wizard to cast Greater Invisibility. :smallamused:

Sylthia
2013-05-21, 04:26 PM
What a noob. He really should have coughed up a few million extra rials to get the wizard to cast Greater Invisibility. :smallamused:

But that would only last one round per level, so it wouldn't be enough time to rob a bank.

Chromascope3D
2013-05-21, 05:52 PM
Or maybe he was invisible... (http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc490/KinOfDark/58_zpsc604ce9f.png)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2013-05-21, 07:05 PM

I know there's a law here in Canada against pretending to be able to do magic to defraud people. It's used as just an extra charge to throw at people for fraud. Hilariously, due to the wording of the law, if you can prove that you can ACTUALLY perform the magic you promised, than you're innocent, it's only PRETENDING to be able to perform magic that's illegal. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: and yes, people do get charged with this law. I think I can remember at least one case for each of the last 4 or 5 years...

mistformsquirrl
2013-05-21, 07:10 PM
>_> That's rather amusing lol

Acanous
2013-05-21, 07:27 PM
Well, you wouldn't want to agitate a REAL wizard, would you?
Besides, making magic illegal would surely violate some kind of freedom of religeon, and that wouldn't end well.
That, and can you imagine the look on the judge when you start pulling magic in the courtroom? XD

Blackmoor
2013-05-21, 09:00 PM
due to the wording of the law, if you can prove that you can ACTUALLY perform the magic you promised, than you're innocent, it's only PRETENDING to be able to perform magic that's illegal.

Here officer, my magical certification.

"Huh, this just says 'I prepared explosive runes this morn-" *boom*

mistformsquirrl
2013-05-21, 10:32 PM
I <3 playground, because of stuff like that <_< I just woke up and I'm already laughing

Ravens_cry
2013-05-22, 12:48 AM
Here officer, my magical certification.

"Huh, this just says 'I prepared explosive runes this morn-" *boom*
That's assaulting a police officer, and, that, is a crime.

The Glyphstone
2013-05-22, 01:01 AM
Prove to the officer you're a wizard by casting Modify Memory on them, removing their memories of you casting the spell. It's foolproof!

Shhalahr Windrider
2013-05-22, 06:32 AM
Hilariously, due to the wording of the law, if you can prove that you can ACTUALLY perform the magic you promised, than you're innocent, it's only PRETENDING to be able to perform magic that's illegal. :smallbiggrin:

Well, duh. If you can actually do the magic, and do do the magic, how is it fraud?

pendell
2013-05-23, 12:15 PM
How does that work in law? If you turn the prosecuting attorney into a toad, is that an automatic acquittal ? Is there a fancy latin phrase for that defense? There oughta be, if there ain't.

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

Duck999
2013-05-23, 02:02 PM
Of course, the thief didn't try to accuse the sorcerer of selling fake products, then again, the sorcerer could just turn invisible and leave the courtroom.

Sylthia
2013-05-29, 04:28 PM
Of course, the thief didn't try to accuse the sorcerer of selling fake products, then again, the sorcerer could just turn invisible and leave the courtroom.

Of course, if there's a closed door, then he'd be screwed.

Duck999
2013-05-30, 08:51 PM
Minor teleportation maybe? Hmmmmm, forgot to prepare that. HOW DO YOU FORGET THAT!?

TaiLiu
2013-05-30, 08:53 PM
Minor teleportation maybe? Hmmmmm, forgot to prepare that. HOW DO YOU FORGET THAT!?
But... But Sorcerers don't prepare spells.

Duck999
2013-05-30, 09:22 PM
O yeah, sorry I don't play D&D. Anyway, back on track, anyone know if this guy had escaped from an insane asylum or anything?

TaiLiu
2013-05-30, 09:25 PM
O yeah, sorry I don't play D&D. Anyway, back on track, anyone know if this guy had escaped from an insane asylum or anything?
Perhaps. Personally, I'm just going to go with superstitious beliefs.

pendell
2013-05-31, 07:15 AM
It's the middle east. People have a serious belief in magic there. I was just reading an article -- I'll link it but I don't recommend following the link because it seems to be full of ads and junk -- here (http://www.nowpublic.com/world/ahmadinejad-allies-arrested-sorcery-djinns-hidden-imam-2784878.html) where the President of Iran had some aides busted for summoning djinns. It's almost certainly a trumped-up charge, but the fact that the charge could be made at all tells you that people take that sort of thing much more seriously than westerners typically do.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-31, 07:36 AM
Dude was a sorcerer, though. He made that guy's dignity disappear.

Chromascope3D
2013-06-04, 08:14 PM
It's the middle east. People have a serious belief in magic there. I was just reading an article -- I'll link it but I don't recommend following the link because it seems to be full of ads and junk -- here (http://www.nowpublic.com/world/ahmadinejad-allies-arrested-sorcery-djinns-hidden-imam-2784878.html) where the President of Iran had some aides busted for summoning djinns. It's almost certainly a trumped-up charge, but the fact that the charge could be made at all tells you that people take that sort of thing much more seriously than westerners typically do.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Well, there are people who believe in demons with supernatural powers, and genies are basically Middle Eastern demons. I wish I could go into it further since it's a really interesting topic, but then I'd be delving into religion and we all know how that would turn out. :smalleek: