PDA

View Full Version : Martial Maneuvers that affected throw/ranged attacks?

CyberThread
2013-05-17, 01:44 AM
I remember someone once saying, there are a handful of martial maneuvers that can affect thrown/ranged weapons like throwing daggers and bows, does anyone know which of these are that rarity?

AmberVael
2013-05-17, 08:46 AM
Here's the maneuvers I know of, using the criteria that the maneuver must involve an attack with a weapon, and it must not be limited to melee attacks (so no passive stances or non-attack boosts or strikes that generate their own attack forums, like Hatchling's Flame or something):

Defensive Rebuke: Given the effect of this maneuver, I have to say it would be an exceptionally interesting one to use with ranged.

Time Stands Still: If you only got one maneuver to use with ranged weapons, I'd pick this one. And you do get it!

Dancing Mongoose: It never specifies melee weapons... just extra attacks with wielded weapons. Great boost.

Raging Mongoose: As Dancing Mongoose.

Fountain of Blood: While possible, this does require you to have your enemy in your threatened area when you use it. In theory though, you can shoot someone, walk up to them, and then activate this.

Covering Strike: This one is a bit iffy given its wording. It never specifies that you must make melee attacks to gain its bonus, or that you must deal melee damage to your enemies- but it does mention melee damage, just not in a way that prohibits gaining the benefits of the boost with ranged attacks instead.

Lion's Roar: Reduce someone to 0 or more, get a bonus. No melee necessary.

It's important to note though, that these are just the weapon attack based maneuvers that still work with ranged weapons. There are plenty of maneuvers that don't involve attacks at all (shadow blink, iron heart surge), or that simply grant passive bonuses or other effects that will be still be useful to a ranged character.

Darrin
2013-05-17, 08:51 AM
My notes for ranged warblades. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10296220&postcount=420)

CyberThread
2013-05-17, 02:56 PM
that makes me...not want to bother..

GutterFace
2013-05-17, 03:10 PM
if you count Bloodstorm Blade, then yes :)