PDA

View Full Version : I am a newby

Grinyz
2013-05-17, 06:37 AM
So I am new here and I just wondered how to become a part of the community and stuff. I play D&D 3.5 maybe twice a week with two different groups and want to become "pro" as far as that is plausible, I DM for both my groups and I'd enjoy finding another if that happens to come by me.

Uh. That's it. I read Order of the Stick and hope to soon have absorbed it all :smallsmile:

kthxbai

KillianHawkeye
2013-05-17, 06:41 AM
Hi, welcome to the playground!

I'd suggest browsing the forums (particularly the D&D and OOTS sections, and anything else that interests you) and just start replying to stuff. Be helpful and polite, and you will do fine here.

Jay R
2013-05-17, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the group!

These basic rules should help.

Read the forum rules. Now read them again.
Read the forums for awhile before replying.
When you reply, try to be positive.
If you disagree with somebody, don't just say that person is wrong; explain why.
Consider the possibility that the person who disagrees with you is right.
Consider the possibility that the issue is one of personal preference, not objective right and wrong.
Remember that there's a real person on the other end, with real feelings.
If the person you are disagreeing with isn't behaving well, just drop out of the discussion.
Winning a discussion isn't necessary. You don't have to convince the person who disagrees with you. The goal is to state your position well enough that the thousands who read it can consider your point of view.
Have fun. If it's not fun, drop out for a day or two.
When you make a mistake, determine not to do so again, and keep going. You aren't perfect.
When somebody else makes a mistake, forgive them and move on. They aren't perfect either.

Ravens_cry
2013-05-17, 10:27 AM
Have fun, be nice and check out the forums. I hope your experience with the Playground is a good one.