PDA

View Full Version : Conjuror Supreme[3.5]

sambouchah
2013-05-17, 11:13 AM
I'm building a character for a friends future campaign and I am making it a conjuror. I have the complete series, quintessential collection(3rd part 3e stuff), Races of, Expanded Psionics, UA, and Dragon Magazine open to me. I'm thinking two flaws(Non combatant and pathetic[Str]), Greyhawk method(dragon 315), Spell Focus(conjuration), and Dark Ancestry(+1 Int, Darkvision 60ft, Quintessential Witch). All this on a Grey Elf Conjuror with Rapid Summoning and Enhanced Summoning(UA Conj. Variants), I got a free 18 so I went with Int 20. I'm headed towards Malconvoker unless someone has a better Prc that involves summoning. I'm Lawful Neutral(unless theirs a better one for a conjurer).

Any changes or is this solid enough?

Thanks, Sam:smallbiggrin:

NeoPhoenix0
2013-05-17, 11:24 AM
The feat Collegiate Wizard in complete arcane is a direct improvement on Greyhawk Method. The feat is on pg 181 in a sidebar so you may have to ask your DM. The two feats might stack by RAW but if you don't want to go all out cheese you might want to stick to just one of those. Otherwise you have a decent build for a conjuror. Don't you need the augment summoning feat to qualify for malconvoker. You just need to figure out those last 6 levels when you get that far.

sambouchah
2013-05-17, 11:54 AM
The feat Collegiate Wizard in complete arcane is a direct improvement on Greyhawk Method. The feat is on pg 181 in a sidebar so you may have to ask your DM. The two feats might stack by RAW but if you don't want to go all out cheese you might want to stick to just one of those. Otherwise you have a decent build for a conjuror. Don't you need the augment summoning feat to qualify for malconvoker. You just need to figure out those last 6 levels when you get that far.

I get Augment Summoning as a bonus feat for Enhanced Summoning.

Also I have 15 first level spells known. Any suggestions outside Summon Monster would be great. Banned Schools: Enchantment and Illusion.

Edit: Also with precocious apprentice could I learn more level 2 spells?

NeoPhoenix0
2013-05-17, 01:17 PM
Oddly enough precocious apprentice doesn't give you a spell known or a spell in a spell book. It does give you the ability to cast one chosen second level spell until you can normally cast second level spells then it gives you an extra second level spell slot. My advice is to ask your DM. Keep in mind they can both only be taken at first level.

For spells, if you start at lv 1 Color Spray kills. Grease is always an amazing spell. Obscuring mist can be pretty good. If you have a familiar you can't go wrong with Benign Transposition (SC). If you don't ban evocation Magic Missile can be great against ghosts, but evocation is a pretty standard school to ban.