PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake

MikelaC1
2013-05-17, 04:12 PM
So, for those Playgrounders living in the southern Ontario area, who felt todays earthquake? Not a record setter by any means, but certainly enough to rattle the plates in the mid morning.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2013-05-18, 10:31 AM
I felt it. I was very amused, mostly because of all the other political scandals dropping at the EXACT SAME TIME. So many scandals in Ontario, the ground itself shook.

Gullintanni
2013-05-23, 09:10 PM
You're not kidding. Live in Ottawa myself. Front row, centre for the show. Well...unless Toronto actually IS the centre of the universe. :smallamused:

Missed the earthquake entirely. I found out there was an earthquake via text message.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2013-05-23, 10:05 PM
Well, one scandal is revolving around Toronto, so I figure in this case we are the centre of the world.

Jimorian
2013-05-24, 01:21 AM
There was just a pretty good sized one in Northern California, in the mountains about halfway between Lake Tahoe and the Oregon border (near Susanville for those who know the area). 5.7, which was strong enough to be felt in Sacramento. The main worrying thing is that when you can feel shaking in the valley, which isn't prone to earthquakes like the coasts or mountains, the first thought is that it might be the Big One that takes out San Francisco. In fact, this felt much stronger here than what we got from the 1989 Loma Prieta quake.