PDA

View Full Version : Help with GURPS 4th.

kiryoku
2013-05-17, 07:36 PM
We will be starting a new gurps game soon. We really didn't get far before we scraped it last time. But I was thinking maybe we could do some scifi based stuff. like zerg vs terrian and stuff. not really sure. anyone know of what books would help me with this. I have ultra tech and the two basic books. anything else I need? I plan on my players meeting because of them joining as mercs for a minning group that then gets wiped out by zerg.

rorikdude12
2013-05-18, 06:28 PM
We will be starting a new gurps game soon. We really didn't get far before we scraped it last time. But I was thinking maybe we could do some scifi based stuff. like zerg vs terrian and stuff. not really sure. anyone know of what books would help me with this. I have ultra tech and the two basic books. anything else I need? I plan on my players meeting because of them joining as mercs for a minning group that then gets wiped out by zerg.

Not really. Spaceships? Tactical Shooting? Depends on what you're aiming for.

Rhynn
2013-05-19, 01:57 AM
Possibly useful 4th ed. books:

Bio-Tech
Martial Arts (who doesn't want to kick aliens in the face?)
Space
Spaceships (1-5)
Tactical Shooting

I'm not sure if 4th edition has equivalents for 3rd edition's Mecha, Robots, and Vehicles; I think the rules may be different enough in small areas that those won't work too well, but I'm not sure. 3rd edition also has Special Ops.

Katasi
2013-05-19, 10:35 AM
Possibly useful 4th ed. books:

Bio-Tech
Martial Arts (who doesn't want to kick aliens in the face?)
Space
Spaceships (1-5)
Tactical Shooting

I'm not sure if 4th edition has equivalents for 3rd edition's Mecha, Robots, and Vehicles; I think the rules may be different enough in small areas that those won't work too well, but I'm not sure. 3rd edition also has Special Ops.

GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars has an extremely good setup for creating spaceships in 4e. It's not even particularly complex or difficult to learn. Also deals in the sort of war he's talking, in a way.

kiryoku
2013-05-21, 01:02 AM
Well I have the spaceships all of them, bio tech, and space. x.x sorry derped out hard there. But ya one of my friends wants to be a ghost so I got the psychic book. The other a Maurader its a man in a suit of armor not unlike the battle suits. The ghost is a psychic warrrior with a sniper rifle. As for the last player. o-o well hes a scientist from the confederacy that wants to become a male version of the queen of blades. o-o SO far the most interesting one of the group is obviously him. The other two seem like they wanna play the grunts and just KILL KILL KILL!