PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Paladin Feats

Everynone
2013-05-17, 08:28 PM
Hey, so I'm about to start a campaign with a Cleric/Paladin gestalt character, and im looking for feats that help synergize the two classes. Also, im specifically looking for a feat that allow Paladins to use their Wisdom modifier instead of Charisma for their class abilities other than spells. My DM says that if it exists *somewhere*, I can use it. Thanks!

iDesu
2013-05-17, 08:30 PM
The feat you're looking for is Serenity, and it looks like it can be found in the Dragon Compendium.

Edit: Double checked, and it is in the Dragon Compendium on page 106.

Everynone
2013-05-17, 08:54 PM
The feat you're looking for is Serenity, and it looks like it can be found in the Dragon Compendium.

Edit: Double checked, and it is in the Dragon Compendium on page 106.

Thanks! :-) I have 'Draconomicon' & 'Dragon Magic', but no 'Dragon Compendium'. Is there somewhere I can find the excerpt?

Jeff the Green
2013-05-17, 08:57 PM
It's not excerpted anywhere, no. But it's simple enough to use even without the text: anything in the paladin's class features that references Charisma changes to Wisdom.

Everynone
2013-05-17, 09:03 PM
Thanks! :-) I have 'Draconomicon' & 'Dragon Magic', but no 'Dragon Compendium'. Is there somewhere I can find the excerpt?

Perfect, exactly what I needed. Thanks! :-)

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 09:09 PM
Now if you can only make your turning be based of wisdom instead of Cha.....

Everynone
2013-05-17, 09:29 PM
Now if you can only make your turning be based of wisdom instead of Cha.....

Is that not the case with the feat?

Kazyan
2013-05-17, 09:32 PM

I think Dantie was referring to Cleric turning. But it doesn't matter; I think gestalt makes them overlay instead of stack, since it's a case of different class feature advancement speed.

Amnestic
2013-05-17, 09:34 PM

Yes. Serenity makes you use wisdom for Divine Grace, Lay on Hands, Smite Evil and Turn Undead.

Edit: RAW, there's no text which indicates the feat only applies to Turn Undead from a Paladin. Feasibly, if you had a Cleric with a 2 level dip in Paladin (to get Divine Grace, which is the pre-req) then you could grab Serenity and have your TU be Wisdom based.

Maginomicon
2013-05-17, 09:39 PM
I think Dantie was referring to Cleric turning. But it doesn't matter; I think gestalt makes them overlay instead of stack, since it's a case of different class feature advancement speed.If one of them would be overlaid by the same feature in the other class, I'd recommend looking into alternate class features that can replace the Paladin's Turn Undead with something that won't become essentially-useless. Divine Counter Spell (Complete Mage page 33) comes to mind.

Jeff the Green
2013-05-17, 09:41 PM
I think Dantie was referring to Cleric turning. But it doesn't matter; I think gestalt makes them overlay instead of stack, since it's a case of different class feature advancement speed.

It does, but you can get around that by trading one of them out for Channel Essentia (MoI) or Damage Undead (EtCR). Then get rebuke by going into death delver (HoH) for 9 + 2*Cha + Wis turn attempts per day, +12 for each Extra Turning.

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 10:06 PM
Or start as a neutral cleric get rebuke then turn from paladin

Kazyan
2013-05-17, 10:08 PM
Or start as a neutral cleric get rebuke then turn from paladin

Neutral Paladin?

Maginomicon
2013-05-18, 02:06 AM
Neutral Paladin?
Yeah there's Paladin variants for every alignment:
Paladins [of Honor] (SRD; Lawful Good)
Paladins of Freedom (SRD; Chaotic Good)
Paladins of Tyranny (SRD; Lawful Evil)
Paladins of Slaughter (SRD; Chaotic Evil)
Sentinels (Dragon Magazine #310 page 50; Neutral Good)
Avengers (Dragon Magazine #310 page 49; Chaotic Good; Not to be confused with the prestige class of the same name)
Anarchs (Dragon Magazine #310 page 47; Chaotic Neutral)
Anti-Paladins (Dragon Magazine #312 page 20; Chaotic Evil)
Corrupters (Dragon Magazine #312 page 24; Neutral Evil)
Despots (Dragon Magazine #312 page 23; Lawful Evil)
Enforcers (Dragon Magazine #310 page 53; Lawful Neutral)
Incarnates (Dragon Magazine #310 page 52; True Neutral; Not to be confused with the meldshaper class of the same name)

dantiesilva
2013-05-18, 04:56 AM
So thus you can have two turning pools to fuel DMM or Divine feats. Handy no. And in a gestalt game having two off the bat is great.