PDA

View Full Version : Alterself Form Help

AzureNightshade
2013-05-17, 09:10 PM
My Duskblade got Alterself on its spell list and I'm trying to figure out what forms to use with it. My Duskblade is basically a fancy chaotic good Aasimar.

So far I've used Protectars to grow wings and gain fly speed, and that's about it.

But what I'm looking for is a form that gives large size and a fly speed, the only thing that fits this category that I've been able to find is the Armanite in the Manual of the Planes, which has a natural fly speed. How? I have no idea I assume it grows giant skeletal bat wings. But point be it basically screams "I'm a giant demonic centaur pls kill me now local law enforcement!", who I have convinced that I'm basically a Paladin. It's also not very practical in thought exercises, how does my armor stay intact, what happens to my equipment, etc.

So, Large Outsider, At most 5HD, Fly Speed of some kind, preferably angelic in stature, with working mouth and hands for spell manipulation. I'd like to stay in the realm of printed material as much as possible, but Dragon Magazines are cool.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of an appropriate creature of these specifications?

I've been over this around 1000 times so please don't link it. :P
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=343.0

Gavinfoxx
2013-05-17, 09:14 PM
I think this is the more modern/updated version:

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2811

But generally, I have a few favored forms for different purposes...

Tren
Skulk
Asabi
Catfolk
Avariel
Dark Creeper
Locathath
Aquatic Elf
Varag
Mountain Spirit Folk
Kobold

AzureNightshade
2013-05-17, 09:21 PM
Same list different thread, and an outsider needs to turn into an outsider don't they, other forms arn't available or did I read it wrong?

Gavinfoxx
2013-05-17, 09:24 PM
Oh you're an outsider? Ummm, sorry... not Lesser Aasimar, huh?

AzureNightshade
2013-05-17, 09:25 PM
Oh you're an outsider? Ummm, sorry...

No problem, I didn't make it explicitly clear immediately in the OP, you probably just missed it. :)

A Silverbrow Human with Full Aasimar added on as a template, to be fully concise.