PDA

View Full Version : Qullan

Bhu
2013-05-17, 10:55 PM
I'm converting older DnD critters to 3E (focused mostly on giants right now), and I came across the Qullan in the old fiend folio. Would you guys consider them Large Giants or Large Humanoids?

Mando Knight
2013-05-17, 11:44 PM
I think the general rule is that Humanoids with a native adult size of Large or taller are Giants. The only other real differences in 3.5 at least are that Giants always have low-light vision (only some Humanoids do), Martial weapon proficiency (even without a class), and a different good save (Fort instead of Ref). And immunity to Charm/Enlarge/Reduce/Hold/whatever Person, since for whatever reason Humanoids are more vulnerable to those kinds of spells...

...Personally, I think the Humanoid and Giant types should have been combined...

Bhu
2013-05-18, 12:39 AM
The Qullan are large humanoids with ties to chaos covered in tattoos. They make super sharp swords, radiate confusion, but only have 2 HD. Even Ogres have 4 HD.

Verte
2013-05-18, 10:54 AM
My assumption is that they would be Large Monstrous Humanoids because other creatures of similar proportions with unusual powers - such as the Annis, which is described in both 3.5 and AD&D as being 8' tall and which has Disguise Self and Fog Cloud - are defined as being such.

Mando Knight
2013-05-18, 11:11 AM
Half-Giants have no RHD (and are also Medium sized), but are Giants.