PDA

View Full Version : Old Ways OOC III



Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Roland St. Jude
2014-06-21, 07:52 AM
Re: Alanna's gear. Penny will take all of it except the coin, which is too heavy for her. As Alanna's next in line in the Church, she'll feel responsible for picking up where her leader left off and safeguarding/using her things for the Church. Of course, she will cede any of it as Ash directs, but not with out a conversation about her duty to Alanna and the Church.

Nevaera
2014-06-21, 11:39 AM
Penny is carrying the wooden healer's box, I think, but I forgot to word it that way in the spoiler along with the armor and shield from Alanna.

I will just add the money to the bag of holding then under Alanna's name and then Alanna's will, Penny, and/or the temple will decide where the money goes later, I figure.

Ash doesn't care to argue about gold, though she remembers the debt the party owes Neela because of her own negotiations. But that debt can easily be paid upon returning to Threshold, if not sooner.

Roland St. Jude
2014-06-23, 10:14 PM
Out of town until today. I'll try to get a new IC pay up in the next 24 hours.

Frivolous
2014-06-27, 12:27 AM
I can't see the healing proficiency rolls. Has anyone made them?

Nevaera
2014-06-27, 08:46 AM
Either waiting on: Gwendol, or Roland to roll for him instead.

Roland St. Jude
2014-06-27, 12:55 PM
Let's move this along. Generic heal check rolls. First come first served. Claim the one you want. IIRC, heal is Internet based so everything but the 18 is a success.

7
18
4
8
13
11

-------
Now, while the universe is your oyster, it seems you have two main choices, forge ahead and wait for some period of time. Waiting either long enough to interrogate the orc or enough to heal have been discussed. Maybe hash out what you want to do here in the OOC?

Koren n'Rhys
2014-06-27, 03:35 PM
I thought we'd decided not to bother interrogating the orc? I think we need to get moving, yes, once the healing is done. Mycah can be ready any time, just get the invisibility cast on him and he'll head down the rabbit hole to see what we're walking into.

Nevaera
2014-06-27, 07:46 PM
I'll take the 13 I guess. Unless EVERYone reeeally needs lots of HP (cause they're all very injured). I'm at half, I think. Did Murray only lose one hit point? Does he look pretty hurt or fairly healthy still? I think he's supposed to be either really strong or really tough. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be both. >.<
Murray can't stand up for himself really - I wonder if he'll get the 18? XD Also, was it six of us that were injured? :O I thought it was only four or five.

I've got this much so far:
Murray ; -1(?)/? hp
Brandon ; 10/16 hp
Nathros ; 8/14 hp
Ash ; 10/19 hp

---

Remember the oil flasks and a torch for Mycah, along with the horn and a healing potion of Cure Serious Wounds from before. Try to think of anything else from the party treasure you could use if you like - the link is on the first page of this thread on "Ashala Bost" in Roland's first posts. Then just click the party treasure/equipment spoiler and have a peek. Could be rope, a mirror to peak around corners, ... whatever. SomeMost times a cleverly used tool can make the difference between life and death in BECMI.

---

I just want everyone to be okay with our choice, but not to do anything unnecessary. If we don't feel like waiting for a paralyzed orc to be unparalyzed (too bad we didn't spare a sleeping one, I guess), then we might as well forge a strategy for entry to the hole thing.

I figure, Ash can go down a little bit after Mycah if he can verify it to be safe in the landing. If there's no noise, he could have a minute or two. If there's noise, she'd plan to slide down the rope at an acrobatic rate of, hopefully, under DC13. :P Then Nathros (darkvision), then the rest with Brandon second last. Aditi last cause she's a Thief so she can maybe climb better and keep an eye on the rear with Brandon - she's healthy and stealthy and he's got solid defense - good chance of being flanked below.

I have two tiny contingency plans for a plan C or D in certain scenarios, but I have little to counter the caster now except that they are at least two spells in the negative and there's never going to be another time we can call that an advantage - even now, it's hard since this gain was at the cost of our cleric silencer.
Also, we'll need to stay sharp to try to survive. This really was a potential suicide mission - as the intel. suggested from what we gathered. We also know very little still.

But, can I just say, guys? We rocked. I mean, seriously. We all pitched in and made some calls. I know not all our rolls were wicked (mine especially weren't), but we took on over four times our numbers here. That's something to talk to other TTRPG BECMI players and maybe boast a little about, you know?

Roland St. Jude
2014-06-27, 10:08 PM
Murray was barely nicked. He's a level 2 fighter with good hp rolls, the heartiest of the henchmen. He's fine. He is also very strong, which is what you probably remember being discussed.

RE: healing -- I just rolled a number I thought would be sufficient. I'll leave it up to each player to claim a healing number.

Frivolous
2014-06-28, 01:17 PM
Bran will take one of the non-18 rolls. And he'll take the average of 2 hit points healed.

Roland St. Jude
2014-07-07, 06:56 PM
IC post made from my phone in difficult conditions. I will fix any typos later.

Please post your action for this round. The NPCs will wait to be sent down the rope and will descend in three turns unless instructed otherwise, so Ash should send them when desired. For those descending from the top, declare how quickly you'd like to descend, one, two, or three turns and down which rope. For ease of keeping it straight, call Brandon's rope B and Nathros' rope N.

Frivolous
2014-07-08, 12:37 AM
Roland: Am I right in guessing that Nathros and Brandon will arrive on the ground in 1 round, and your instruction to say 1-3 is for the others, not N and B?

What would you say is the optimal action to keep the area beneath the ropes free of fire? Can Brandon enact a "full defense" action and get a bonus to AC and keep the flaming oil away?

Are the enemies all on one side, or have they surrounded the ropes on 2 or more sides?

Roland St. Jude
2014-07-08, 01:26 PM
Roland: Am I right in guessing that Nathros and Brandon will arrive on the ground in 1 round, and your instruction to say 1-3 is for the others, not N and B?

What would you say is the optimal action to keep the area beneath the ropes free of fire? Can Brandon enact a "full defense" action and get a bonus to AC and keep the flaming oil away?

Are the enemies all on one side, or have they surrounded the ropes on 2 or more sides?Yes.

You can attempt that. That sends like a reasonable action, but it will be difficult to cover all 360 degrees simultaneously.

Surrounded on all sides.

Sorry for the brevity. I am once agian on my phone rather than a proper computer.

Gwendol
2014-07-10, 03:09 AM
Hi all! Quit my job Monday last week and zoned out a bit after that. Sorry, but needed some time to clear my mind. I'm signing on for a new company next week and plan to start working again late August. Anyway, should be able to participate now, even if I only have my phone to do it from.

Koren n'Rhys
2014-07-10, 05:53 AM
Congratulations! ...I think?:smallsmile:
Good luck with the new job, sometimes change is a good thing. At the very least, enjoy your summer off!

Nevaera
2014-07-10, 11:08 AM
I second the above sentiments. :smallsmile:

---

Ash will continue her descent, as assumed. No need to clog up the IC with restating the obvious there, I figure.
(Yay for climbing and making good time! :D)

Roland St. Jude
2014-07-10, 03:06 PM
Welcome back. Enjoy the break, I say, and best wishes with the new job.

Gwendol
2014-07-12, 04:18 PM
Thanks! Lost internet on my phone and will have to wait until next week to fix it when I'm back in town for a few days. Back-up seems to work though.

Roland St. Jude
2014-07-13, 09:06 AM
The last IC post mentions fire damage to Nathros, but I forgot to put the number in the spoiler. It's Nathros -2 hp.

Matthew
2014-07-19, 05:43 AM
Hey, what's going on here? Last time I checked you said Nathros was not aflame, but now I am reading he takes an additional 3 HP damage this round? Is that a total of 5 hit points that have accumulated after the fact? :smallbiggrin:

Nevaera
2014-07-19, 11:03 AM
I was confused by this as well. It seemed like Nathros was singed once and then -2 was posted here. However, there seemed no mention of further fire attacks made directly on Nathros or of a "burning" status which I'm sure Nathros would have bothered to put out if it were the case.

Can you enlighten us, Roland? If this was an oversight and the -3 doesn't belong, perhaps you can take that out? (An easy retcon that would barely touch the IC thread.)

Thanks. ^_^

Roland St. Jude
2014-07-19, 03:57 PM
Oops, the -3 doesn't belong, please disregard. I forgot that I added the damage in the OOC thread and rerolled it unnecessarily.

Nevaera
2014-07-20, 12:15 AM
Good that it could get all sorted out. ^_^

Frivolous
2014-07-21, 12:29 AM
Roland, how much damage did Murray take, please?

Also, are the fires endangering Athol, Neela and Penny, or are they just preventing them from leaving the area temporarily until the fires burn out?

Edit: Drat, I was hoping to finish that gnoll off this round. Oh well.

Koren n'Rhys
2014-07-21, 08:01 AM
Dammit, we need to get the heck out of here - we're going to get slaughtered. If Mycah think's there are close to 20 gnolls, on top of the fire to hem us in? Not a pretty scene at all. Without the power of the sleep spells to event the odds, this is going to be a bloodbath.

Discretion is the better part of valor, right? IC, Mycah will hate the thought, but OOC, I think we need to retreat and figure out a better way to appraoch this thing?

What do you guys (and gals) think?

Kish
2014-07-21, 08:05 AM
Is retreating even an option? Several rounds climbing back up, vulnerable to their attacks and potentially to them lighting the ropes on fire...

On the other hand, unless someone can put out the fire quickly, we're likely to get roasted alive.

Koren n'Rhys
2014-07-21, 09:22 AM
Well, we'd certainly open ourselves to a barrage of spears, if nothing else. I just think if you all stay inside that circle, we'll get crushed here. Maybe a bull rush to get through and try to get our backs to a wall someplace?

Roland St. Jude
2014-07-21, 11:32 AM
Roland, how much damage did Murray take, please?-4 hp. He is somewhat but not seriously wounded.


Also, are the fires endangering Athol, Neela and Penny, or are they just preventing them from leaving the area temporarily until the fires burn out?This round, there isn't any fire where they're standing. But given the last five rounds of actions from the gnolls, you can assume that more oil will be thrown and the fire will spread.

As for the rest of the strategizing, I'll leave that to you. :smallamused:

Frivolous
2014-07-21, 11:41 AM
Oil fires can't be put out with water, right?

Nevaera
2014-07-21, 12:58 PM
"Rock" meets "Hard Place" strategizing time:

This is the type of scenario Ash intended Mycah to start setting up oil around the enemy for others to light up (unless he can light a torch on the fires present) and trap/burn them when they're not expecting it.
I'm not sure a discreet torch-lighting of strategically spread oil is aggressive enough to count as an "attack" that would break invisibility. *shrugs*
I guess he could call out an order to any of us and then move so the gnolls were none the wiser about who's voice had said the command. (a small detail in the grand scheme of things)

Also, Athos has Web which could aid in dividing the gnolls - it also burns quite lovely, I believe, were a bunch of them to get caught in it. This spell is great for that - crowd control - and a safety net or to aid in escaping. One can potentially be fairly creative with it given sufficient surroundings to attach it to.
How 'bout a web that separates lots of the awake gnolls from the rest of us (so they can't throw spears or oil anymore).

Oh, and Penny can heal Nathros with Cure Serious Wounds from the pendant still today. But then we only have two healing potions after that.
(We should try to avoid having party members with low AC in the front lines when we are so heavily out numbered - it uses up resources faster than we are able to replenish them lately.)

In a few more levels, I think this is going to turn into "who's the fastest spell-slinger?" rather than "who's got the best AC to soak up the hits?" XP

Hm... Right, so Neela, Nathros, and Murray need to put out fires this round (in a safe path along side the wall - leading toward Ash or something) while Penny heals Nathros, Athos casts Web very strategically (probably separating our escape path from the gnolls by a bit if possible - don't want it going up in flames before it's been used as a deterrent), and Mycah can arrange an ambush of an oil circle to trap a bunch of gnolls between the web and the fires they've made already. Brandon and Ash would hold the front line until the couple gnolls on this side of the Web were dispatched. Aditi could help pick off a few or use some damaged gnolls as pincushions for her arrows also. She's a fairly hearty scout, this would be a good use of her strengths, perhaps.

Any suggestions or questions? Perhaps an important oversight?

Nevaera
2014-07-21, 04:22 PM
Here's a visual for my suggested battle plan:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/Petalreaper/9c59da1d-e0eb-4565-b414-dd5167f38de4_zpsfd137444.jpg?t=1405990570
^_^

Roland St. Jude
2014-07-22, 10:18 PM
In case anyone missed it, Neela cast her last sleep spell last round clearing out some of the gnolls near Nathros:


...Neela casts a spell and several of the figures near Nathros drop to the ground, presumably asleep....

Of course, others will probably swarm to even out that gap in the lines next round, if the past pattern continues.


---
Now that I'm on a proper computer and can see Nevaera's battlemap, let me make a few corrections. I apologize if my earlier descriptions caused this confusion.

The chamber the party is in is roughly 150'x100', though no one in the party knows that. Nathros and Mycah both have a sense that it is vast. And everyone knows it's dark beyond the firelight.

The party descended from a 20' diameter hole in the roof onto a 20' diameter wooden floor. It is roughly in the center of the room, though no one knows that because no one has yet to find a single wall.

The ropes ended at the center of the 20' diameter round floor bit. That whole 20' diameter floor piece is covered in flames a couple feet high, except for: 1) a few patches, 2) the lane Aditi cleared last round, and 3) the spot at the center immediately under the ropes occupied by Penny, Athos, and Neela. Aditi ran up and down that lane from the center to the edge where Murray now stands and she can be anywhere on it she wants at the start of this round. She can be back with the latest arrivals or out with Murray or in between.

The 20' diameter circle of low flames throws off another several feet of shadowy illumination beyond the circle. At the edge of that circle, like points on a compass, stand Brandon (North), Nathros (South), Ash (West), and Murray (East). Those compass points are relational and not really accurate to the planet's geography. I'm making the point that the four meleers are spread out on the edge of the circle of wood/flame in attempt to keep the attackers at bay. That arrangement was necessary because the landing party stated a desire to protect the ropes and take up a defensive position and...

The gnolls are basically circling the entire round wooden landing area. They are staying more like 40-50' from the center to be more in the shadows and either lobbing oil from there or rushing forth a few at at time to attack. They have repeatedly fallen back to remain in the shadows as the firelight in the center circle has brightened.

Mycah is currently behind the lines of the gnolls but not yet near any walls. There is a pair of pillars 50' from center (the ropes) to the north. Mycah has observed that thanks to random torch wielder gnoll. He can see the action in the fire-illuminated area on his half of the battlefield and something between himself and the fire-illuminated area as backlit shadows.

The party is surrounded by gnolls. Mycah estimates 20 or so total, but he may be looking at a less populated section or there may be others not currently between him and the fire. Lurkers in the darkness. No one else has seen more than several gnolls in their quadrant of the fight rushing out of shadows and back into it.

So imagine a bullseye target. At the center (bullseye!) are Athos, Penny, and Neela. They have a small fire-free standing spot - for now. Around them is a ring of fire (with a few patches of not fire). The next ring out has the four meleers, each at a compass point. The next ring out is off the circular wooden platform (it's only a few inches thick) and is basically a ring of gnolls. Outside of that ring of gnolls is a wide ring of darkness where Mycah is making his way through almost total darkness. Outside of that, the very outer most ring is unexplored nothing and stone walls that the party doesn't know are there.

Gwendol
2014-07-24, 06:37 AM
Ok, thanks for that. Athos has his wand of paralysis. With a melee fighter or to shielding him, we may advance on the enemy.

That could be a way out of the fires.

Frivolous
2014-07-24, 11:39 PM
Roland: Just to confirm, everyone, both PC and NPC, is now no longer in imminent danger of being surrounded by fire, yes?

Bran was going to go 'full defense' again and try to swat oil flasks away so as to prevent vulnerable friends from being put in a fire circle, but if I read your post correctly, that's no longer a problem.

Nevaera
2014-07-24, 11:41 PM
Sorry guys, my computer is down due to storm and hardware malfunction (I'm not sure the new designs on these things are really all they intended to be).

I can't read and respond to the OOC insight Roland has offered yet, but I'm looking forward to getting a clearer picture of what's going on. ( I've never been great at translating descriptive things into visual. XD Sorry about the misunderstandings portrayed in my battle map thing. )

Hopefully I can put a good post up for the weekend or something. At least something OOC.

Take care all. ^_^


PS: Where'd that knoll go that Ash "dropped" with 8 damage that one time? I believe she gutted it.

Gwendol
2014-07-25, 02:56 PM
We'll try and hold the fort until you're back up again.

Nevaera
2014-07-25, 05:14 PM
Thanks guys.
Temporary computer arranged for now.

---

I figured Ash would call out and have everyone defensively converge on the "South-ish" side of the flames with Ash in front of Nathros and the casters, Brandon defending from the "South-west" and Murray and Aditi on the "South-east". The fire would be approximately at the "North" side of the party, in the "center" of this place.

Penny should be able to reach and heal Nathros if Nathros either falls back or holds position while Ash protects the approach for all the casters incl. Athos and Neela.
Since Athos has Web, one Sleep, and the Paralysis wand, he should give the wand to Neela as soon as feasible. [Ash will suggest this.]

After converging, anyone who is in a position to safely attack should do so. If their defense is questionable (like their in cloth with no spells to offer or something), they should get out a weapon and go full defensive. Anytime there is nothing someone can do, they should probably go full defensive.

If anyone has ranged weapons like darts/throwing daggers/slings/etc... (including the magic sling Alanna used to have?) and they're not a front liner, they should use that to attack when they feel they are being defended adequately.
Also, those ranged attacks should be focused toward Ash's right, the "West", so as not to accidentally hit Mycah who has been asked to perform tasks to Ash's left, the "East".

Hm... I think my headache is preventing further insights at the moment, but hopefully this much will help with the tactics you guys decide on. I'll put more updates when I think of stuff and get the chance.
IC is too much for me right now cause I try to make it all sound nice and polished more, rather than raw like here. :P My monitor's visual is all messed up using this reeeeally old computer. XD

Take care, all. :smallsmile:

Nevaera
2014-08-01, 10:56 AM
Computer's back!! :D

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-01, 09:08 PM
Computer's back!! :DGreat! :biggrin:

Gwendol
2014-08-04, 03:30 AM
Do we move towards Brandon then.

Frivolous
2014-08-04, 11:04 AM
Roland: May i ask if that spear hit on Bran's shield was a hit or a miss?

If it was a hit, how much HP did Bran lose?

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-04, 11:22 AM
Roland: May i ask if that spear hit on Bran's shield was a hit or a miss?

If it was a hit, how much HP did Bran lose?A miss. It was an allusion to the idea that if he hadn't been fully defensive, it would have been a hit. :smallsmile:

Nevaera
2014-08-05, 09:29 AM
Can a character go full defensive while still moving half speed or further?

Can Ash protect her group and move them toward Brandon's side of the flames, arriving in two rounds or less?
Can Brandon be full defensive and shimmy "west" to converge?

Ash's plan would be this:

Everyone visible is going full defensive, perhaps with the exception of Athos or Neela (Athos has Web... maybe a sleep spell too? I think so. Neela could use the wand in a pinch if Athos would give it to her for this fight so we could spread out our resources better). Since Athos has some health restrictions, it's probably better that, of the two casters, she be the one not going fully defensive while wielding the wand, though she'd still be fairly safe behind Ash.

Murray would protect Athos on the right flank of the advancement, Ash would head "westward" and protect Neela behind her while providing safety for the whole group, Aditi would protect Penny on the left flank.
Ideally, Brandon would be going counter-clockwise at the same time, still fully defensive.

Mycah would catch up once he's cleared the knolls who likely won't hear his soft steps in all the commotion around, even if he ran full tilt, now that he's free of their encircling, though he wouldn't want to give away that he was no long in that other section, I suppose. He could take another round or two perhaps, I figure.

Anyway, once together, Aditi/Neela maybe could get a torch out of Ash's pack while she was protecting them and then light it in the center flame or something, ten toss it Brandon's way... Or we could just use the web spell if it could reach the ceiling and floor or a wall to the floor diagonally.

But essentially, all the casters would be in the middle of a rough triangle configuration with Ash at the lead point heading clockwise around the center flame to converge with Brandon on the "west" side.
A caster considering casting Sleep if there's 5/more, Web if there's trouble and it can benefit, or Paralysis in a pinch.
Mycah still safely/carefully finding his way to the group.

In IC, I'd have Ash call this out in simpler terms like, "Neela, get the wand, be defensive and take cover behind me. Murray, cover Athos on my right. Athos, be defensive behind Athos, but cast a spell if called to. Aditi, cover Penny on my left. Brandon - try to dodge leftward when possible! Mycah - meet you on this side soon!"
Actually, that'd work fine. If we can move as a pack but still be defensive, let's do the above. I'll stick it in IC if we can move toward each other defensively.

Frivolous
2014-08-05, 11:56 AM
Bran does not actually want to go away from where he currently is; he figures that it's better the gnolls attack him than almost anyone else in the party. They waste their spears that way.

He is hoping they'll run out of spears eventually and come out of the darkness or at least run away.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-05, 01:10 PM
Can a character go full defensive while still moving half speed or further?No, if you move, you lose the circumstance bonus to AC. There isn't really a "full defensive" mode in this edition. (Well, there's Parry, but that's only available to fighters and mystics level 9 or above). So this is a circumstance bonus available because in this instance being fully defensive helps (they're just trying to rain spears down him, there isn't a lot of give and take like there would in the usual melee combat). The penalties for actually retreating from melee combat are greater (loss of shield bonus and enemy +2 to atk).

Can Ash protect her group and move them toward Brandon's side of the flames, arriving in two rounds or less? There isn't really an provision in the rules for protecting another character, let alone multiple characters. The best one can do is try to position oneself well and otherwise be the more likely target.

Can Brandon be full defensive and shimmy "west" to converge?No, see above. There are a couple movement options. One is to just move that direction during the combat, the way Ash did throughout the combat above with the orcs. One makes their best attempt, while fighting normally, to head in a certain direction. Or, one can retreat (if in melee) or just turn and run (if not in melee); this subjects a character to normal attacks from anyone that can still attack when the movement is over.

All of this maneuvering is somewhat moot, though. A 20' diameter circle has a circumference of 63'. Characters with 30' movement or better can move halfway around the circle (from, say South to North) in a single round and still attack before or after. So while they can't be full defensive while doing it, they don't need to take an penalties either. Everyone is going to be their normal amount of exposed, but I'm not sure you have any options to make them less exposed except positioning, which you can do on the move.

Matthew
2014-08-05, 02:58 PM
Seems to me that we have the gnolls on the back foot, if Nathros fights defensively it is just an invitation to grind his hit points down.

Koren n'Rhys
2014-08-05, 03:17 PM
I agree- it seems we're making progress now. I'd get Athos blasting away with that paralysis wand while we can pen them in somewhat with the fire and fighters.

Nevaera
2014-08-05, 04:32 PM
Alright.

We'll maybe try the triangle positioning then? (oops, forgot Nathros in the plan earlier. >.< I always forget someone, but I usually remember to check my notes and figure out who before posting).

The Paralysis Wand only has a couple/three charges left, so it's no ideal to waste it all on the knoll "mooks" now that we're making progress. Better to use renewable resources like Sleep and Web that Athos still has, for example.
We've seen that sleep works on these guys, so that makes that option most preferable. Probably encompasses more enemies too.

Might as well try to make pot shots on knolls as we travel.

Are there knolls all around or on certain sides near the main group? Or are they all frozen/sleeping except for the far away ones?

I would love to let Ash help Brandon (until there's less knolls fighting him). With their combined awesome defences and Ashala's +7 attack, d12 damage, I bet they could take care of the group in the shadows with a little light. If there's tons, maybe a sleep spell first, then Fighter time.

The group will be more useful if everyone is doing something, but Aditi and Murray will have to keep an eye on the group, I think (Aditi, Neela, and Penny can used ranged attacks). Nathros can guard until a group has three or so knolls left and when he's not the only one fighting them. He'll do good damage, but his hit points can only afford one good hit before he might be severely injured again or even dying. I figure he has around 15% chance of getting hit in a round with three guys, so that's not too bad. With Ash/Brandon/Murray, he'd be down to 8% or so. This is just intuition based estimations, of course.

But yeah. (In a hurry to get some groceries before 4, so didn't have time to polish this off first. Sorry.)

I'll try to post IC tonight after a couple OOC replies or something. ^_^

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-05, 06:06 PM
Are there knolls all around or on certain sides near the main group? Or are they all frozen/sleeping except for the far away ones?There are three near Mycah's last known position (far south of the circle well into the darkness). There are six or so near Brandon (north of the circle just outside the firelight range), one injured by Aditi's last arrow. There are also another 15 down, either dead, paralyzed, or asleep.

Originally, these twenty-some gnolls were rushing around the edge of the circle, trying to stay in the darkness and throw spears or oil, with an occasional rush forward to spear-jab. But since twelve were taken out in two rounds and a line of fire blocked their path around the circle, three chased Mycah's obvious noise and the rest have gathered near Brandon's position.

Caveats:

They can move around the circle as swiftly as the characters can, perhaps faster since they know the terrain. So where they will be next round is anyone's guess.
This description only accounts for what characters can see/hear. Who knows what's hiding in the vast darkness outside the firelight.

Nevaera
2014-08-05, 06:45 PM
Alright, thanks much for the clarification.

While the fire-line Mycah has made still lingers, we should see if we can help Brandon.

I'll try to get my IC ready soon.

Matthew
2014-08-06, 06:32 AM
I am not sure what you mean by "shield" another character. When Nathros is not fighting, he is pretty much wasting his action, as the enemy has access to ranged weapons. On the other hand, when Nathros makes attacks at range he is not capitalising on his +3 to hit and 1d10+3 damage.

Nevaera
2014-08-06, 05:04 PM
"Shield" meaning protective positioning.

+3 to hit meaning Thac0 17? Or is that +3 above and beyond your lowered thac0 based on class level?

Ash's Thac0 is 13, and her wpn dmg is 1d12 (not reliably high). She's got great to-hit bonus and decent chance for reasonable damage. Her AC is -2 when she's not parrying. She's just built to be in the front lines whenever possible.

It sucks to be stationed further back in the marching order. I totally get that. But we're out of healing spells and we need to keep our casters alive to have any chance of overcoming this challenge. Thus, there is need for guard duty (try to let good armor soak up attacks). It would be great if we could get the casters all separated from the combat situation altogether - in a safe side room or something, but that's not likely any time soon.

Ash is trying to make the best IC choices she can for the survival of the group - she's translated most of her edge into becoming a protective leader instead of a solo fighter. This is why she'd have the least defensive front liners come in to mop up during the middle/end of battle or stay to fight the "adds" as they come at the group of casters. This is likely since the fire line will probably burn out soon and then the ones held at bay will rush forward with the ones Mycah had distracted (unless those ones are still searching for Mycah, which would be fantastic).

*shrugs* Anyways, Bran and Ash on paper are the best front liners for now, followed by Nathros and Murray, I think. Thus, Nathros and Murray make sense to be stationed at "rear guard" in case the "squishy's" are targeted. They can attack the aggressors and stay within range of aid from someone with a healing skill.

Does this makes sense, generally? This is my reasoning for Ash anyway.

Matthew
2014-08-06, 05:31 PM
No, it does not seem to make any sense at all to me. As a group we are going to be taking ranged hits and the thing to do is get in and crack the enemy rather than being worn down by ranged attacks. I dunno, maybe I am not understanding what is going on here, but as far as I understood things we are fighting a bunch of gnolls who have us half way surrounded. Nathros has +3 from his magical axe, which has to be use din close combat.

Gwendol
2014-08-07, 02:25 PM
Question: did I get enough rest between the ambush and our attack on the temple to recover spells?

As for strategy I agree that we need to be running offence. Hence the wand wielding over the shoulder of a charging melee combatant.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-07, 03:04 PM
Question: did I get enough rest between the ambush and our attack on the temple to recover spells?Yes. The last rest was just prior to the assault on the orc camp, a nine-hour rest from morning to just before nightfall. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?284117-Old-Ways-IC-III&p=17378806&viewfull=1#post17378806). It's now nighttime above, as the sun was setting during the battle above.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-07, 05:25 PM
Everybody in? Imma update the IC in six hours or so, so get your action in.

Gwendol
2014-08-08, 12:45 AM
Perfect! It means I still have a sleep spell left. I'll save the web for a more confined space.

Gwendol
2014-08-08, 06:10 AM
Do we have torches or other sources of light with us?

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-08, 11:33 AM
Do we have torches or other sources of light with us?No one has anything lit, but yes, some members of the party have torches.

(Everyone's character sheet is linked in the first post of this thread, if you ever want to check on something like this and not have to wait for a response.)

Nevaera
2014-08-08, 08:45 PM
Maybe Penny could light one of Ash's or her own torches (if she has any) and get Aditi/Neela/someone to throw it for Brandon?

We'll need to see to be able to advance properly against the knolls he's fighting. If there's a large cluster of them together, Athos could sleep them and we could fight the rest perhaps. The three that are currently looking for Mycah will at some point rejoin their own group and perhaps flank us, so Murray (and Nathros?) should be ready for them, even if they decide to pop in and out of the melee over here before then.

Frivolous
2014-08-09, 10:42 AM
Home Internet is down. This is not so bad, except that I'll be slower to post. Also, all my prepared templates for dice rolls are on my home computer. :smallannoyed:

This means I'll probably make a few more mistakes than I should, whenever I roll dice on this forum, resulting in multiple posts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nevaera
2014-08-10, 01:36 PM
It's all good. Thanks for keeping us posted. ^_^
Hope your internet is good and up again soon.

Frivolous
2014-08-11, 12:53 AM
Thanks, Nev. :smallsmile:

Our house is far from the only one affected, so theoretically that should improve the speed in which it is repaired, but not sure about that.

Anyway, it seems I can easily log in every 24-36 hours or so, so long as there is an empty station at the cybercafes I can easily access. Sometimes students use them for LAN parties.

Nevaera
2014-08-13, 09:51 AM
Hehe, sounds fun! So long as they partied AFTER you had a chance to post, right? :P

Frivolous
2014-08-14, 01:04 AM
They can be real noisy, shouting at each other. It's a bit distracting.

Nevaera
2014-08-14, 12:18 PM
Aww, that's too bad. :smallfrown:

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-14, 12:46 PM
Kids these days and their new-fangled parties. Glad you at least have some access, and I hope it gets better for you soon!

Frivolous
2014-08-15, 01:10 AM
The company says the cabinet (that's the broken thingy, I gather) will be fixed by next week. But I'm a pessimist.

Nevaera
2014-08-15, 10:45 AM
I suppose that leaves room for a pleasant surprise? :smallsmile:

Kish
2014-08-16, 07:49 PM
I'm guessing there are no visible, moving, not-involved-in-melee gnolls now.

Are the active gnolls between us and the paralyzed/sleeping gnolls? (To put it another way, is there anything that would make Aditi finishing some of the helpless ones off an obvious bad idea?)

I'm not sure how many, if any, arrows I've been able to retrieve, so I'm not sure how many arrows I have left; I'm likely getting low.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-16, 08:51 PM
I'm guessing there are no visible, moving, not-involved-in-melee gnolls now.Correct.

Are the active gnolls between us and the paralyzed/sleeping gnolls? (To put it another way, is there anything that would make Aditi finishing some of the helpless ones off an obvious bad idea?)No. The active gnolls are all in front of the party. Imagine the party standing at the 12 on a clock and facing away from the center. The gnolls are in front of them. The paralyzed and sleeping ones are all on the opposite side of the circle. Imagine the 6 at the bottom of the clock. The downed gnolls are all near that position, also away from the center.

As for whether it's a good idea or obviously bad one, I've described the scene. I'll leave it to you all to decide what's prudent.

I'm not sure how many, if any, arrows I've been able to retrieve, so I'm not sure how many arrows I have left; I'm likely getting low.I certainly haven't been tracking them, so I don't really have a fair way to adjudicate that. I guess assume that you have a few left and go from there.

Kish
2014-08-16, 09:04 PM
Sorry about that. I'll assume a fired arrow is gone unless told otherwise.

Nevaera
2014-08-16, 10:56 PM
Ash probably has some spare arrows - unless she'd given her bow and arrows out to someone... I'll look into it tomorrow. ^_^

Kish
2014-08-18, 10:10 AM
Well, this is what I have:

Used 11 arrows before town
Tried to replace them in town; not sure whether that was successful
Used 10 arrows by the end of the first horn-blowing orc encounter if she fired every time I said "if X she fires, if not she does Y instead,"; indicated a desire for some of the 40 arrows we captured from the orcs; not sure whether she got (some/all/none)
Used 6 arrows fighting orcs after that
Used 6 arrows fighting gnolls after that

I was thinking she'd been able to replace her arrows in town (need to know how much it cost to replace 11 arrows in town if she did, too), gotten at least some of the orc arrows, and probably not fired every time she considered firing, but I've used enough that I want to be sure (and should have before this point, sorry about that).

Gwendol
2014-08-18, 11:04 AM
Are we able to make use of the wand against the fighting group of gnolls? I imagine my sleep spell is not possible to cast without risk of hitting a friendly?

Nevaera
2014-08-18, 11:39 AM
You can always kick a friendly to awaken them if need be. ;) But it's preferable to aim for the other guys when there's the option, hehe.

But since there's only groups of three or four, I'd say don't waste any kinds of spells unless more add in to total at least 5/6 in a cluster.
Throw daggers / use slingshots? Bandage Nathros again soon? :P

---

PS: Ash could give Aditi 10 arrows if required at some point. Seems she's still got them in a quiver, probably in the bag of holding and likely her bow there too. It's hard to stunt and fight all the time with so much stuff on her back. :P

---

Oh and, Roland, did Nathros technically take damage? A gnoll attack got through a weak spot in his armor, you'd said, but there was no damage posted. I wasn't sure if he was injured, or just had a really close call.

Matthew
2014-08-18, 03:33 PM
How much damage did Nathros take last round?

Gwendol
2014-08-18, 04:31 PM
I figured as much. Will pull out the sling then.

Frivolous
2014-08-19, 12:41 AM
Bran has arrows; he almost never uses his bow. Aditi can use them if she runs out.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-19, 01:06 AM
How much damage did Nathros take last round?I knew I forgot something. :smallredface:

-2 hp

Kish
2014-08-19, 07:59 AM
If no one objects and no one else wanted any of them, should we assume that Aditi has/had all 40 orc arrows? I still need to know if she was able to replace (any of) the 11 she used before we stopped in town, and how much it cost if she did.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-19, 08:14 AM
If no one objects and no one else wanted any of them, should we assume that Aditi has/had all 40 orc arrows? I still need to know if she was able to replace (any of) the 11 she used before we stopped in town, and how much it cost if she did.Arrows were available for the listed price in Verge. If you said you were buying arrows back then, then feel free to have purchased any reasonable amount.

Kish
2014-08-19, 08:18 AM
The problem with that is that there isn't a listed price for less than 20 arrows. Aditi would have bought 20 (5 gold) if she couldn't buy 11 (? gold); was that the case, that she could only buy 20?

Frivolous
2014-08-19, 11:53 AM
Home Internet is back. Faster than I expected.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-19, 12:07 PM
The problem with that is that there isn't a listed price for less than 20 arrows. Aditi would have bought 20 (5 gold) if she couldn't buy 11 (? gold); was that the case, that she could only buy 20?You can do the math to purchase 11. That's fine.

Kish
2014-08-19, 02:06 PM
Then Aditi spent 2 gold, 7 silver, 5 copper on arrows at Verge. Unless someone tells me I shouldn't, I'll also presume she has the 40 arrows we took from the orcs, has fired every time she considered firing and never recovered an arrow, and now has 38 arrows.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-19, 08:29 PM
Home Internet is back. Faster than I expected.Awesome news.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-21, 07:44 PM
Actions in! New IC post to go up tonight, I think.

Gwendol
2014-08-22, 03:55 PM
Sling attack (should Athos find a target in the dark). THAC0 20+2 [roll0]
Damage (and target stunned) [roll1]

Koren n'Rhys
2014-08-24, 03:42 PM
Wow, I'm... really sorry guys. Somehow I lost track of this game and just realized today that I hadn't seen a notification in forever. I last posted on the 4th? Went to GenCon again in the meantime, but thats a lot of missed time.

I think I figured out one thing though. I check my email on my phone sometimes and will occasionally read a post just in the email itself. When I do that, and don't log into the forum, it won't send any more notification emails until I do log in the next time. Thats a pain, rather than getting an email everytime a post goes up.

In any case, sincere apologies and I'm back now. :redface:

Frivolous
2014-08-24, 11:31 PM
Despite holding up a lit torch, Mycah is still invisible, right?

I'm posting IC assuming he is still invisible. Let me know if I'm wrong and should amend my post.

Gwendol
2014-08-25, 03:15 AM
Sling attack: THAC0 20+2 [roll0]
Damage (+stunned): [roll1]

Koren n'Rhys
2014-08-25, 06:32 AM
As far as I know he still is, yes. He hasnt directly attacked anyone yet, and the spell duration is far longer than this.

Roland St. Jude
2014-08-25, 10:18 AM
Despite holding up a lit torch, Mycah is still invisible, right?

I'm posting IC assuming he is still invisible. Let me know if I'm wrong and should amend my post.That is correct.

Frivolous
2014-08-25, 12:20 PM
That's great. :smallsmile:

Roland St. Jude
2014-09-01, 09:14 PM
We're going to take a moment here while you explore this room and do a couple administrative things.

First, each PC has earned 4252 XP since your last XP award. Be sure to add an additional 5-10% as appropriate for your prime requisite score. If you go up a level roll for hp, adjust to-hit numbers, etc. Unfortunately, you're not really in a position to do weapons training or learn new spells.

Second, please welcome ArchDruid, who will be joining us in the role of Penny! :smallsmile:

Third, I'm going to start new IC and OOC threads shortly. So keep an eye for my post here that gives the links to those. Make sure to subscribe to both new threads.

EDIT: The New IC IV is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?369726.

We'll keep using this OOC a few days longer.

Archdruid
2014-09-01, 10:41 PM
Penelope (Penny) of Threshold
Neutral Karamekian (Traladaran) Human Cleric of Chardastes the Healer
Level 5, XP 12,000
Speech Color: Indigo
Description: Penny is a seventeen-year-old Karamekian woman of Traladaran heritage, her fair-skinned form slender and wiry from years of meditative study and menial labor. Her most prominent features are perhaps her vibrant green eyes, like jade, and an angular jaw and gaunt cheeks framed by a curly mane of chestnut hair that she keeps in a long, singular braid. Usually mild-mannered, she carries herself in an unassuming manner, content on performing her duties to the fullest of her competency with a smile upon her lips, but with the deaths of Alanna and Miranda, Penny has steeled her resolve to carry on her curate's duties.
Strength 12
Intelligence 9
Wisdom 14 (+1)
Dexterity 7 (-1)
Constitution 14 (+1)
Charisma 11

Hit Points: 20
Armor Class: 3 (1 with shield) (and 2/0 against first attack each round)
Base Thac0: 17
Movement: 60' / 20' / 60'

Weapons:
Mace: Thac0 17; Damage 2d4
Saving Throws:
Death Ray or Poison: 11
Magic Wands: 12
Paralysis or Turn to Stone: 14
Dragon Breath: 16
Rods, Staves, or Spells: 14 (includes -1 for high Wisdom)

Weapon Mastery: Mace (Skilled) & Staff (Basic)
Skills: Ceremony of Chardastes (Wis), Danger Sense (Wis), Healing (Int), Mysticism (Wis)
Languages: Common, Neutrality
Class Powers (Courtesy of Roland): Can use druidic items; Can cast 1 extra Cure Light Wounds/day; has Mend Bones on spell list (level 3 spell).

Possessions:

Platinum:
Gold: 23
Electrum:
Silver:
Copper:
Other:
Gem that grants Cure Serious Wounds 1/day
Two Potions of Antidote (type 10)
One Potion of Cure Serious Wounds (& 1 on loan to Mycah!)
Two jars of Ointment of Soothing
Two bandages
Potion of Divine Luck (a secret gift from Father Graham, who instructed her to drink it only in a time of great need to achieve something truly special and important)
Plate Mail, 60 gp, 500 cn
Shield +1
Mace
Miscellaneous equipment:
Holy Symbol of Chardastes (wooden)
Waterskin, 1 gp
Backpack, 5 gp
Large sack, 2 gp
Flint and steel, 3 gp
2 torches
Garlic, 5 gp
Wolfsbane (1 bunch), 10 gp

Background: Family Social Status: 30
Orphaned as a youth, Penelope (Penny) was raised in the Church of Threshold. A lifelong resident of the church, Penny is beloved by the elders who also make the church their home. She was given the tools to be a scholar, healer, and fighter for the church.
She and another young acolyte, Miranda, were chosen by Sister Alanna, a slightly older and more adventuresome cleric, to assist with research into a Spider Immortal, a new threat to the region. Sister Alanna’s group, Bost’s Rangers a/k/a Vigilant Companions had uncovered a plot involving a necromancer, a group called the Fangs, and an ancient evil temple west of Verge. After uncovering useful information, Penny and Miranda volunteered to accompany Alanna to seek the Temple.
The weeks-long journey has not been kind to the young priestess. Miranda was killed by a wyvern in the mountain pass between Threshold and Verge and Alanna was killed by a lightning bolt in a great battle at the temple’s entrance. Previously content to be silent and follow, Penelope has become more willing to act and take risks. As the last remaining cleric for the group, she has a great responsibility to her friends and can no longer hide behind Alanna’s robes. She has to take Alanna’s place as an important member of the group.

Archdruid
2014-09-01, 10:51 PM
As per Roland's request, the sheet and my intro are coming in separate posts, so do forgive the double-posting (not sure whether people still care about that faux-pas on the web)!

I'm Archdruid, and I am honored to be allowed into such a long-standing story, and do hope to do you all service with my portrayal of the heretofore meek healer Penny of Threshold (who I'm totally not gunning for taking levels in druid, not at all, no)! This will be my first roleplay on the giant's playground, and my first Mystara/0e game in....6 years? Yes, I think it's been six already. Time flies.

But hopefully, it doesn't fly too quickly, because we have an evil spider-Immortal's temple to desecrate investigate!

If there's any questions I can answer, please put me to it!

Frivolous
2014-09-02, 12:51 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the game, Archdruid! :smallbiggrin:

Roland: Did we luck out on gems and jewelry again?

Archdruid: For your information, the party is unlucky in hit point rolls when we level. Most of us are below average in HP.

On the other hand, Roland tells us we're unusually lucky in gems and jewelry when he rolls for treasure.

Kish
2014-09-02, 02:42 AM
Welcome, Archdruid.

Aditi is indeed level 4 now; I'll update her character sheet.

New hit points roll: [roll0]

Koren n'Rhys
2014-09-02, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the game, Archdruid! Always fun to get an infusion of fresh ideas - hope you enjoy it.

No leveling for Mycah. Still stuck at the same pathetic number of hp... :smallfrown:

Nevaera
2014-09-02, 11:30 AM
Well that's a whole lot to take in all the sudden. :P

Welcome to the game, Archdruid! I am glad we'll have a player for our cleric position again. ^_^
(Also, you've got the top HP in our group so far, I believe... :smalltongue: Maybe we should stick you up in our front lines and pretend you're a fighter so no one expects spells of you. Bwahaha - just kidding. >.< It's great to have you with us - hope you enjoy the campaign!)

Time to kill me a rich necromancer! :smallamused:
Oooh, maybe we can have Mycah sneak about and loot the unsuspecting villains while he's invisible. :P

Hm... gotta head out to do errands, so that's all I can think to address for the moment. I'll read more IC and stuff later to catch up properly.

Roland St. Jude
2014-09-02, 11:39 AM
Roland: Did we luck out on gems and jewelry again?Indeed. At least it's portable, right? :smallsmile:

Frivolous
2014-09-02, 12:59 PM
Indeed. At least it's portable, right? :smallsmile:

Haha, once again we earn our OOC name of the Fellowship of the Bling. And yes, at least it's portable. :smallbiggrin:

And it seems Bran is now level 5. Yay, Swashbuckler!

And now I must roll for his new level's hit points. Grant me your favour, mighty GitP dice roller, and Bran shall offer blood and souls in your name!

Hit points: [roll0]

Frivolous
2014-09-02, 01:03 PM
I can't believe it! I actually got lucky for once when rolling HP!

Average for a fighter at level 5 is 22.5. So, at 23, Bran is finally above average! Yay!

:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Nevaera
2014-09-02, 01:12 PM
Congrats! That's a wicked HP roll. :D

Time for mine...
[roll0]

Frivolous
2014-09-02, 01:14 PM
Yay! Nev got lucky dice, too!

Sorry to Koren, though. Hope you don't mind the celebrations. You certainly have my good wishes for rolling when next Mycah levels.

Koren n'Rhys
2014-09-02, 01:38 PM
Heh - no worries at all. Glad you both got decent hp rolls - I hope I finally get a good one when my turn comes.

I'm already 5th level since thieves have the best advancement chart. My next chance will come in it's own good time.

Frivolous
2014-09-02, 01:53 PM
Heh - no worries at all. Glad you both got decent hp rolls - I hope I finally get a good one when my turn comes.

I'm already 5th level since thieves have the best advancement chart. My next chance will come in it's own good time.

Thank you. I usually only feel good when everyone else is also feeling good. :smallsmile:

Nevaera
2014-09-02, 02:30 PM
The nerf to constitution doesn't seem to be helping any, hey? XD

Ash has rolled (thanks to this last 6) 21 HP worth so far, but her con. bonus adds +5 (one/lvl) to make it 26.
I could have switched my con. score to be my strength (added exp. and melee damage - possible bonus to melee attacks?) or taken my dex. perhaps to do that, but I love having better dodge, a bonus to ranged attack, and a bonus to hit points.

It's good to kill fast, but it's fluky, so I like not dying as a general rule. :P
Killing the enemy before they kill you first is certainly a fairly sound strategy though, if you stack the odds in your favour.

^_^

Koren n'Rhys
2014-09-03, 09:52 AM
Huh. I can't seem to get the hang of this dice roller half the time...

Find Traps: [roll0]

Koren n'Rhys
2014-09-03, 01:07 PM
Heh - thanks for that, Kish. Re-reading my post, I didn't mean to imply I was directing your action, more that Mycah would ask Aditi to help him check the doors. Of course, since we've both failed miserably, I guess it's a moot point. :)

Gwendol
2014-09-04, 03:48 AM
XP! Need to check the MU chart again.

Welcome Penny! Good to have a sturdy character join... Athos will likely be right behind you for the most part ;-)

Gwendol
2014-09-04, 04:59 AM
Another quick question: is this the first XP handed out since we left town? I can't find any notes of XP handed out after the snake charmer encounters...

Gwendol
2014-09-04, 05:55 AM
Rolls for using the healing skill (+1):

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
vs DC 15

Let me know if I have to make more rolls.

Gwendol
2014-09-04, 06:05 AM
That went really badly, sorry for those left still wounded.

Roll for alternate magic in relation to altar and murals:
[roll0] vs DC14

Matthew
2014-09-04, 08:02 AM
On the verge of level five, just 700 experience points away ...

Koren n'Rhys
2014-09-04, 08:03 AM
Hey Gwendol - noticed you posted in the old IC thread - if you look up a few posts here in the OOC, you'll see that Roland posted a link to a NEW IC.

IC IV: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?369726.

Gwendol
2014-09-04, 08:05 AM
Ah, of course. Will get to it.

I'm just 536 XP from level 4!

Frivolous
2014-09-04, 02:29 PM
Roland: Let us know if I need to make a roll or something to inspect the mural.

In other news: I've been pondering all of us who reached level 5 picking up a Language. I hope I'm not the only one tired of seldom being able to talk to our opponents?

Nevaera
2014-09-04, 02:40 PM
The folks needing healing were... Aditi, Nathros (he was magically healed some, but not manually), Murray (a little, I think), Brandon for a bit maybe, and I think the rest of us haven't suffered any new wounds.

So that makes three or four that were rolled for - I'm not sure about Brandon... if he was wounded while holding off the gnolls or at some other point.
Aditi or Nathros could maybe have gotten the good roll though? They're the most likely to be needing the more hit points, I think.

*smiles and shrugs*

---

Oh, Roland - Can Ash light some of the braziers with a torch and pull the chains to raise them for light? Or am I imagining it wrong? Then the remaining time of lamp oil and torches can be spared for another time.

Frivolous
2014-09-04, 02:43 PM
Nah, Bran doesn't need healing. He didn't get damaged at all fighting the gnolls. All his current wounds were received earlier, up above.

And he already received mundane healing then, so further rolls won't benefit him, I think.

Nevaera
2014-09-04, 02:45 PM
Gotchya. Thanks for responding so fast. ^_^

Frivolous
2014-09-04, 02:52 PM
No prob, Nev.

And I think Murray only took 1 point of damage. So he doesn't need healing, either. Give any healing to Aditi or Nathros.

By the way, Archdruid: May I ask what spells does Penny has ready? I'm kind of nervous about the necromancer. Our last battle with him was a draw at best.

Luckily for us (now that you've joined the game), cleric spells are the best for fighting other casters.

Roland St. Jude
2014-09-04, 06:39 PM
Roland: Let us know if I need to make a roll or something to inspect the mural. Will do. If you have any special skills you want to bring to bear, roll for that.


Oh, Roland - Can Ash light some of the braziers with a torch and pull the chains to raise them for light? Or am I imagining it wrong? Then the remaining time of lamp oil and torches can be spared for another time.That's exactly how that works. They even have fuel, you just have to light them and hoist them. :smallsmile:

Nevaera
2014-09-04, 08:04 PM
Spiffy. Thanks. ^_^

Roland St. Jude
2014-09-04, 08:59 PM
Okay, I'm going to start a new OOC, too.

Old Ways OOC IV is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?370149).

I've moved over your sheets and everything. :smallbiggrin: