PDA

View Full Version : Max jump height?

Yaitanos
2013-05-18, 04:41 AM
Okay, so I keep running into class abilities, feats, racial abilities and even a magic item or two that makes it so the character max jumping distance (vertical and horizontal) are not longer limited by their height. But the only reference to character height I can find in the rules for jumping, including PHB, DMG and the rules compendium, is the height they can reach WITHOUT jumping. Other than that NOTHING! Am I missing something here? I know I'm missing something. There wouldn't be this many ways around that limitation if it didn't exist. So please, someone point out the snake before it bites me!

Bakkan
2013-05-18, 04:43 AM
They removed maximum height and length for jumps in the conversion from 3.0 to 3.5. Any references to maximum height or length either come from 3.0 sources or are the result of poor copypasta.

Maginomicon
2013-05-18, 07:49 AM
Basically, when you want to "jump as high as you can" or "jump as far as you can", you simply make a jump check and compare the result to the list of jump DCs.

If you wanted to jump "only so high" or "only so far", then it's just a jump check against a specified DC.