PDA

View Full Version : a quatre-elemental race (3.5 PEACH)

geonova
2013-05-18, 09:26 AM
i made this a bit ago, but i don't exactly know if it's balanced or not
___

Elent

medium outsider (native)
land speed = 30ft
fly speed = 90ft (perfect)
swim speed = 90ft
+2 str, +2 dex, +2 con
+3 nat. armor
1d6 slam attack +1d4 optional fire damage
elamental mastery: an elent gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if it and it's foe are in contact with any of the four elements (earth, water, fire or air).
push(ex): an elent can start a bullrush manouveur without provoking an attack of oppurtunity. the combat modifiers given in elemental mastery also apply to the elent's opposed strength checks
Burn(ex): those hit by an elent's natural attack must also succeed on a reflex save (DC = 10+1/2 elent's HD+con) or catch fire. creatures hitting an elent with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the elent's natural attack. creatures lit aflame by this ability stay on fire for 1d4 rounds unless they take active measures to put out the fire
drench(ex): the elent's touch puts out torches, campfires, exposed lanterns and other open flames of nonmagical origin up to it's own size. the elent can dispel magical fire it touches as dispell magic(caster level= elents HD). drench can be turned on and off at will
earth glide(ex): an elent can glide through stone, dirt or almost any other sort of earth, except metal, at a speed equal to it's land speed. it's burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any other ripple or sign of it's presence. a move earth speel cast on an area containing a burrowing elent flings it back 30ft, stunning it for 1 round unless it succeeds on a fortitude save equal to 10+caster level
at 8HD an elent gains damage reduction 5/-, 10/- at 16HD and 15/- at 24HD
automatic languages: auran, aquan, common, ignan and terran
bonus languages: any, except secret languages
favored class: barbarian
LA: +5

Pyromancer999
2013-05-18, 01:01 PM
This is both over- and under-powered. The earth glide ability is considered to be very powerful in most campaigns, but otherwise the rest of the abilities aren't on par with that, although perhaps that's intentional. Additionally, the Half-Elemental template from Manual of the Planes is not only a lower LA, but for the most part, more powerful, so I can't see a reason why a player would take this template over that. In addition to that, this needs some fluff detailing just what this is, as I'm not entirely sure myself what this is.

Overall, I'd suggest perhaps lowering the LA and tweaking some of the abilities, then it'd be more playable.

geonova
2013-05-18, 11:03 PM
kay, how about LA 2 or 3. would that work?