PDA

View Full Version : psionic shot + multiple targets?

pyromanser244
2013-05-18, 10:45 AM
been looking at making a ranged fighter when I checked this feat. it says that my attack gets the damage, but what if I've got more than one attack? or more than one target?

yet another problem that could have been avoided by WotC being clear with the rules.:smallsigh:

Maginomicon
2013-05-18, 11:04 AM
been looking at making a ranged fighter when I checked this feat. it says that my attack gets the damage, but what if I've got more than one attack? or more than one target?

yet another problem that could have been avoided by WotC being clear with the rules.:smallsigh:

To use this feat, you must expend your psionic focus. Your ranged attack deals +2d6 points of damage. You must decide whether or not to use this feat prior to making an attack. If your attack misses, you still expend your psionic focus.You expend your psionic focus at the start of "an attack". That specific one attack gets the benefit. Multiple attacks in a full-attack don't get the benefit.

What's less clear (to me) but I'm pretty sure is the case is that in a volley (multiple targets), the first attack for which you make an attack roll gets the benefit. None of the other attacks in the volley get the benefit.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-18, 11:04 AM
Considering how it states that you need to expend your psionic focus, it's pretty clear that it only applies once (one attack, one target).

You might be able to cheese a second target out of it if you're using a Halfling Warsling/Skiprock combo.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-05-18, 11:05 AM

Or you could stop blaming WotC for what is absolutely not at all unclear.

To use this feat, you must expend your psionic focus. Your ranged attack deals +2d6 points of damage. You must decide whether or not to use this feat prior to making an attack. If your attack misses, you still expend your psionic focus.

Yeah, it's not clear at all that it's only for one attack. :smallannoyed:

That's how all the psionic shot/fist/weapon feats work. And it works the same (one attack, declare before making it) as smite evil and stunning fist in core.