PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Second Continent

JadePhoenix
2013-05-18, 09:08 PM
Hello, playground.
I have an ongoing campaign and I recently decided to add a second continent. I want it to feel exotic and original, but I don't really know where to go.
I want to use different races than what I'm using on the main continent (humans, dwarves,elves, half-elves, goblinoids, drow, suli, all the elemental races (ya know, ifrit and their cousins), fetchlings, orcs, tieflings and aasimar).
I had an idea of an evil halfling empire (with the animal-people races (tengu, kitsune, etc) as slaves) but couldn't find a way to make it really work.
So, I'm looking for ideas for how to populate a whole continent without using those races (or any way to get my evil halfling empire up and running).

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-18, 10:09 PM
Invent and steal. Make new stats as it pleases you.

There are two races I love from a comic author you should read. (http://www.rhjunior.com/totq/)

Grungan - Gator taurs. Tribal Lizardman Tauric with Gators. Like centaurs, but swamp dwelling and scaly

Racconan - Small raccoon people who treat magic like science.

JadePhoenix
2013-05-18, 10:22 PM
I don't really want to invent anything, I just want to use the stuff from d20pfsrd.

Amnestic
2013-05-18, 10:35 PM
I had an idea of an evil halfling empire (with the animal-people races (tengu, kitsune, etc) as slaves) but couldn't find a way to make it really work.
So, I'm looking for ideas for how to populate a whole continent without using those races (or any way to get my evil halfling empire up and running).

Well, what problem were you having with making it work? Believability? History? Culture?

An alternative would be to "move forward" the Second Continent's story a "few" years after the evil Halfling empire falls. The only Halflings left now are the descendants of the descendants of the original Empire and are constantly on the run and in hiding from the 'animal' races who have returned to a more tribal/primal way of existence, but still (as a general rule) maintain the same hatred of the Halflings for how they were treated as slaves years ago. The continent itself is a mess of ruined Halfling cities and wild untamed jungle filled with all manner of beast.

For the most part, at least. One city on the coast in what used to be the Capital of the Halfling Empire still remains. Now entirely Halfling free, the descendants of the slaves who used to live there now rule over it in a fairly civilised manner, governed by a diplomatic council of representatives. They are in something of a Cold War with their tribal cousins due to differing views and attitudes, but due to the nature of the jungle and the city's walls it's nigh impossible for either side to engage the other in combat to gain a decisive victory over the other.

...just an idea off the top of my head.

avr
2013-05-19, 12:16 AM
One civilisation per continent seems a little stingy. Add in a few others; a highland ruled by vampires and their dhampir descendents perhaps, maybe a coast riddled with caves where nagaji live and where the nagas underground jeweled city is rumoured to exist, the tundra nomads to the north of the dhampir highland known as wayang.