PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Threeparts [PF]

Zefir
2013-05-19, 06:24 AM
And so the dawn of the new day beginns. The sun rises over the several rings of the city and spends light to the waking up people in Circul.

Circul is a big city. Nearly as big as the capital city of Alera. The city was build on a small mountain. On top of it, a fortress was build to hold the troops and grant a good view over the border. The fortress is surrounded by a wall ring to give defence against every direction.

In a ring around the fortress, the rich people builded their homes, hoping that beeing close to the guards keeps bandits and other unpleasant people away. Another ringwall keeps them out.

And so the city goes on. the next ring is the trading district, offering fine clothes and talanted crafters. Only if you made yourself a name, you are allowed to start a shop here.

The next ring is a home for the middle class. Offering smaler buildings and a market for food sale and other needs.

The next ring is for the lower class. Around the main street it's filled with taverns and inn, but behind them you see small buildings where families live in small buildings. Farmers miners and other low paid employee live here.

Around the last wall ring, the slmus where build. Candidt, unemployed people and others have setteled themselfe here, if you seek someone for a job, this will be the right place.

Derlen Cave waits for you in the middle class ring. He told you what you need to survive outside. So this may be the last chance for a while to buy it. A young boy, close to man age, stands next to him.

Smileybastard
2013-05-19, 08:15 AM
Thallard

Thallard walks up to the man and boy early as usual for him with a big smile on his face. Good morning!

Zefir
2013-05-19, 08:51 AM
Derlen smiles friendly and nods at the newcomer.

"Good morning. I'm Derlen Cave. I'm in charge of this year's groupe. You must be Thallard. The boy here told me you would guard him."

He points at the young boy. The boy wears well made travelers clothes. It's obviously that most parts only look good, but have no real use for such a tour. A big backpack lays on the boys side.

"Hello. I'm Ferlin Kastal. My father has hired you for my safty."

Smileybastard
2013-05-19, 08:55 AM
Thallard

Thallard tips his head towards Derlen. Derlen.

He then bows to the boy. Ferlin. I will ensure you are safe indeed.

Starbin
2013-05-19, 01:03 PM
Tiny tromped through the lower rings, his hood drawn up. At almost 7 feet, the huge figue drew many stares and a wide birth. He ignored them all, used to the attention after a few weeks in this city. It didn't really bother him ... he usually ignored it, or failed to even register the stares. Typically, he was lost in thought, his mind wandering over any number of things.

When he had started out this morning, he had been thinking about Lucky and whether the brown rabbit needed a friend. Of course, a female friend would beget many others, a consideration for a traveller such as himself. Plus, he didn't really have a lot of room in the cage for lots of little bunnies.

As he approached the third ring, however, his thoughts had turned to the 'field trip' into the nearby woods. It was something he had heard about shortly upon his arrival, when a request for guides and guards had gone out. He felt pretty comfortable in the woods, and figured it would be a perfect job to keep him busy.

He finally arrived at the place listed on the poster and saw three people already there - a young man, a warrior with a giant shield, and the man who had agreed to Tiny joining this little adventure. Stepping forward, he dropped his hood and nodded at the group. "Uh, hi. Folks call me Tiny."

Description: Tiny is a hulking, beastly, half-breed. While strong and fit, Tiny is somewhat musclebound, and thus a bit clumsy and slow. He wears a leather jerkin and carries a huge greataxe. He also has a pack with his meager possessions, and a small pouch at his side. Across his body are various tattoos that mark him as something special; but to who or what has yet to be determined.

Smileybastard
2013-05-19, 01:18 PM
Thallard

Thallard looks up at the hulking half-orc and smirks. Tiny. There are few people I look up to ... in a literal sense.

Starbin
2013-05-19, 01:52 PM
Tiny shrugged. "I eat lots of vegetables.". Of course Tiny could get a lot bigger in a hurry, but only when necessary. "That's the biggest shield I've ever seen."

Smileybastard
2013-05-19, 02:20 PM
Thallard

Thallard nods and smiles. It is an unusual shield. Sometimes people call me Turtle.

shugyosha
2013-05-19, 08:18 PM
Gilar

"Am I late?" asks a thistle thin man.

Smileybastard
2013-05-19, 08:39 PM
Thallard

I don't think so. We are all just arriving.

Starbin
2013-05-20, 10:51 AM
Tiny nodded to the man with the shield. Of course, calling him a turtle because of the shield seemed silly - obviously armor would seem more like a turtle's shell then anything.

As another man approached and asked about being late, he shrugged. "What time were you supposed to be here?"

Prospector
2013-05-20, 08:14 PM
Zelgadis Greywords

A young man walks toward the group. As he draws closer, one could see that his off-white traveling clothes covered almost all of his skin with with gloves on his hands, his hood up and a clothe mask over his mouth. If one looked closely around his eyes they may notice the instead of the usual shades one sees in human skin, it looks green/gray and rocky. He simply walks up and says, "Hello. I am Zelgadis. A pleasure to meet you all."

Starbin
2013-05-20, 08:53 PM
The huge hulking figure in hides nodded. "Tiny.". He paused, then pulled out a small cage with an extremely fat rabbit. "Oh, and this is Lucky. He's a magic rabbit.

Prospector
2013-05-20, 09:14 PM
Zelgadis Greywords

Zelgadis raises an eyebrow and seems to stare intently at the rabbit.

Zel casts Detect Magic and spends 18 seconds scanning the area around the rabbit.

Smileybastard
2013-05-20, 09:19 PM
Thallard

Magic? What does it do?

Starbin
2013-05-20, 10:26 PM
Tiny blinked at the sudden interest. "Uh ... Well, he's lucky. And, uh, here ... watch.". Tiny stared intently at the rabbit. After about a minute, the big man's face softened. After another minute, his big face broke into a smile.

"See?". He looked at the others, frowning slightly at their confused looks. "He's an enchanting rabbit.

He made me happy."

Tiny looked at the others expectantly, holding the rabbit high, so they could all be within the area if the spell.

Zelgadis
nothing seems to radiate from Tiny or the rabbit. :smallsmile:

shugyosha
2013-05-20, 11:12 PM
Gilar

Tiny nodded to the man with the shield. Of course, calling him a turtle because of the shield seemed silly - obviously armor would seem more like a turtle's shell then anything.

As another man approached and asked about being late, he shrugged. "What time were you supposed to be here?"

"That's the thing, I lost track of time so I don't know if I'm on time or not," he says fixing the collar of his shirt.

Tiny blinked at the sudden interest. "Uh ... Well, he's lucky. And, uh, here ... watch.". Tiny stared intently at the rabbit. After about a minute, the big man's face softened. After another minute, his big face broke into a smile.

"See?". He looked at the others, frowning slightly at their confused looks. "He's an enchanting rabbit.

He made me happy."

Gilar's face shows confusing then a boisterous laugh, "Good trick, Tiny. I think this is going to be a fun trip."

Zefir
2013-05-21, 01:47 AM
"Hello Everyone. It's good that you start knowing each other, because your life might lay in their hands. We only need to wait for two others. I hope they arrive soon. I planned to arrive in the woods before noon." Derlen says as he looks over the group. Tiny still cause him to take a few steps back. He don't wats to speak out his anem, because it might be a trick.

Ferlin stands close to Thallard. His fear is lowered as he notice how normal Thallard talks to Tiny. he waves at the newcomers.

"I hope you can. Otherwise my father might be mad about you. And if my father is mad, you might fear for your life."

You might use your knowlege local or Diplomacy to know more about the Kastal.

Baron Of Hell
2013-05-21, 02:56 AM
Laegwen Zentol-F-Elf-Rogue (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=552009)

WAIT FOR ME, WAIT FOR ME

Laegwen runs at full pace until she is in front of the group. A little out of breath but flashing a devilish smile the young elf bows to the group.

Sorry for the delay. I had to evade some...some rather unpleasant people. Its a shame a beautiful girl can't walk down the street without being molested. Oh look a rabbit. Just looking at it makes me happy for some reason. Oh silly me. My name is Laegwen Zentol

Laegwen takes another bow before the group.

Erik Vale
2013-05-21, 04:31 AM
Helen

In parade armour, like she said, and late, as is obvious, Helen and her mount enter view not long after Laegwen. Smiling as she watches the bow.

Acka rests quietly, coiled against her back.

"Sorry for being late. We can trade reasons later but lets get this show on the road first. Names Helen Mim... Lasts a bit longer but it's a mouthful."

Starbin
2013-05-21, 07:08 AM
When Gilar laughs, Tiny smiles hesitantly, not quite sure what joke the man refers to. However, Laegwen's arrival and subsequent comment makes him beam. To no one in particular, he exclaimed, "See? I told you he was magic!"

The hulking half-orc nodded to the two women who arrived, saying. "I'm Tiny. This is Lucky. He's magic, as you've already seen.

So do we go now?". Tiny looked to Derlan as he put Lucky away carefully.

If the knowledge DC is 10 or less, I'll give it a go at an untrained check! KS (Local): [roll0]

Smileybastard
2013-05-21, 08:36 AM
Thallard

Thallard's grin grows wider at Tiny's comment. Magic indeed. Anything can make you happy is wondrous beyond value.

Thallard has none of the requisite skills to roll nor does he overly worry about such things.

Thallard nods to his young client. Well, I doubt it will come to that and besides I fear little. Fear, I fear, is something people say I have not enough of.

Laegwen's arrival catches Thallard's eye and he bows in reply to her bow. It is a shame. Well I dislike unpleasant people more than most so if you need any help with them, just let me know.

Prospector
2013-05-21, 09:17 AM
Zelgadis Greywords

Seeing nothing of import in the magical auras, Zelgadis visibly relaxes from his intense staring. "Well, I suppose magic is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway, I believe everyone is supposed to be here is here. Mr. Derlen, perhaps now you can enlighten us now?

Baron Of Hell
2013-05-21, 09:51 AM
Laegwen Zentol-F-Elf-Rogue (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=552009)

It is so nice to have a gentleman along like Thallard to protect us ladies.

Then turning to Derlen, her red hair swirling about her head.

I agree with Zelgadis lets get this party on the road. I'm sure we are in for a grand adventure. I can hardly wait.

shugyosha
2013-05-21, 05:53 PM
Gilar

"Ladies, what a wonderful sight," he says with a roguish grin. "Your company will be well appreciated."

Zelgadis Greywords
Seeing nothing of import in the magical auras, Zelgadis visibly relaxes from his intense staring. "Well, I suppose magic is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway, I believe everyone is supposed to be here is here. Mr. Derlen, perhaps now you can enlighten us now?

"Can't see the magic, eh? Well then it must be magic," he teases with an elbow to the side.

local
[roll0]

Prospector
2013-05-22, 10:29 PM
Zelgadis Greywords

Zelgadis takes a dancer's half step back after Gilar poked him in the ribs. He says rather coldly to Gilar, "I don't appreciate being touched. By anyone." He turns his attention back to the man in charge.

shugyosha
2013-05-22, 11:30 PM
Gilar

In mock fear he teases, "Ooo... touchy there aren't we."

Starbin
2013-05-23, 12:57 AM
Tiny watched the growing tension between the strange man with the rocky skin and the one who laughed earlier. Reaching into his cage, he pulled out Lucky again and held it between the two men, eyes closed as he feverishly prayed. Opening his eyes, he looked back and forth between the two with concern.

"Do you wish to pet Lucky? He doesn't mind being touched. He likes it right here ...". Tiny scratched the rabbit between its ears and its nose started quivering like crazy.

pet the bunny ...you know you want to :smallbiggrin:

Zefir
2013-05-23, 01:26 AM
Derlen nods. Until now he has prepared his own backpack for the journey.

"Clearly, all who signed up are here. First of. As you already know, this tour is dangerouse. There is no guarantee that you make it. Next, follow my lead. Many people died because they went their own way. Next, I hope you all have packed something for the first few days. We won't come close to any city for the next two weeks. I have all prepared for hunting, but I can't feed all of us."

He makes a break looking at the faces of the groupe.

"The 'journey' will go for at least a month, depending on how fast we get through and with good weather most of the time. We will head North west to the Greenbeard. After that we come to the Wartears. We might use a boat there depending on how fast we got there. I will tell you more later. Let's go."

Erik Vale
2013-05-23, 02:17 AM
Helen simply nods. She new hunting wood be involved a definately knew now her brought food would be... insufficient.
But such was things. It was time for an adventure.

Baron Of Hell
2013-05-23, 04:09 AM

Laegwen falls in line behind Derlen with youthful purpose in her step.

Looks like it is adventure time ladies and gentlemen and fluffy wabbits. heh heh. No time for fighting we'll have plenty to fight later I'm sure.

Smileybastard
2013-05-23, 06:20 AM
Thallard

Thallard leans in towards Ferlin. Did you bring rations? I have but five days worth.

He speaks a little louder. I am happy to help hunt if it does not interfere with my duties, but alas I have no bow.

Prospector
2013-05-23, 08:21 AM
Zelgadis Greywords

Completely ignoring the taunts of the insufferable human, he says to the man with the rabbit, "No I'm alright." He looks like he might be afraid of hurtng it. He turns to Thallard, "I have a shortbow I'd be willing to lend for hunting excursions since I have little experience in the of woodsmens craft."

Smileybastard
2013-05-23, 08:38 AM
Thallard

Thallard nods his to Zelgadis, inspecting the mans odd appearance at a glance.

That is kind of you sir. I shall take you up on that if the opportunity presents itself.

Smileybastard
2013-05-23, 08:56 AM
Thallard

Thallard tips his head towards Laegwen and smiles at her comment.

shugyosha
2013-05-23, 10:15 AM
Gilar

"Do you wish to pet Lucky? He doesn't mind being touched. He likes it right here ...". Tiny scratched the rabbit between its ears and its nose started quivering like crazy.

"No thanks buddy, maybe later," he says with a smile.

He listens to the brief orientation and then follows the others. "So buddy, why did you sign up for this tour?" he asks Tiny.

Starbin
2013-05-23, 12:47 PM
Tiny nodded solemnly at Zelgadis' comments, glancing at Turtle, who also declined. Putting the rabbit away, he mentally added calming emotions to the list of things Lucky was capable of doing.

At Derlen's comments, Tiny grunted. "I can find food in the woods. I also have some berries." He glances at the others and holds up three large reddish berries that look more like a snack than a meal.

When asked by Thallard about his reasons for joining, he simply shrugs. "I like the nature. I was not busy, and the city smell was soaking my clothes and Lucky's fur. I saw a poster asking for people for an adventure through the woods and decided to go."

I think it's entirely plausible for Tiny to have a set of goodberries ([roll0]), good for a day.

Spells:
0 (3): create water, detect poison, purify food & drink
1 (1+1): goodberry, speak with animal
D (1): enlarge person

Smileybastard
2013-05-23, 06:01 PM
Thallard

Thallard looks at tiny. As good a reason as I have ever hear my friend. Don't put your lucky bunny away yet. I didn't get a chance to see if he likes me.

Zefir
2013-05-24, 03:29 AM
And so they start.

"I got some as well, but it won't least for five days." Ferlin replies. gabing his backpack, which is obviously full of stuff.

Derlen leads you out of Circul. Nothing happens on your way expect some rather unpleasant people look up at you as you pass them.

The first half day goes over th fields that lay behind the city. At the edge of the forest, it's a few hours after noon and Derlen stops the groupe.

"We take a break here to rest. In an hour we will go on. I hope to reach the clearing before sundown."

Baron Of Hell
2013-05-24, 05:27 AM

I must say we picked a good day to travel. Its nice to get out of the city for awhile.

Laegwen takes a good look around to see if there is anything interesting about.
[roll0]

Smileybastard
2013-05-24, 05:28 AM
Thallard

Thallard smiles at Ferlin. We will be just fine.

Smileybastard
2013-05-24, 05:30 AM
Thallard

Thallard sticks close to his charge and keeps his eyes open for any sign of danger ... or game.

Perception[roll0]

Erik Vale
2013-05-24, 05:57 AM
Helen and Acka

Helen kept her eye out for game the same manner in that a bored guardsman looks for crimanals. Acka on the other hand, having long since moved to coil around Helen's chest, has a more alert eye.

Acka's Perception: [roll0]
Helen takes 10, for a 11.

"Mmm, a good spot to rest the horses. I can give mine a quick brush down."

Dismounting and letting Acka find a nice tree to coil around somewhere up high, Helen moves her hands in the simple motions of a Prestidgitation spell with mumbled words, whereafter she takes the time to quickly clean herself of sweat before going over her horse taking longer and combining it with a scratch in lieu of a proper brush.

"Been a while since I've been out and about properly. It'll be a good time to stretch the legs and see how much I still have."

Baron Of Hell
2013-05-25, 07:12 AM

Laegwen approaches Thallard with a slight perplexed look on her face.

Thallard you look like you are expecting trouble. Are you being conscious or are you aware of some potential danger that might threaten us before we have entered the woods?

Smileybastard
2013-05-25, 07:58 AM
Thallard

Thallard smiles at Laegwen.

It is my nature to be protective and I was hired to be so.

I am not aware of any particular threat against my client or the group in general.

Prospector
2013-05-25, 10:32 AM
Zelgadis Greywords

Zelgadis took a quick around and then leaned up against a nearby tree. He pulled out a book from his bag and began reading it.

Perception Roll: [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-05-25, 10:45 AM
Gilar

When asked by Thallard about his reasons for joining, he simply shrugs. "I like the nature. I was not busy, and the city smell was soaking my clothes and Lucky's fur. I saw a poster asking for people for an adventure through the woods and decided to go."

"Well I guess that is as good as any. Nice to have you along," he says with a smile.

Starbin
2013-05-25, 12:26 PM
Tiny let anyone that wanted to pet Lucky do so before they left, before putting him away for their journey. While on the trail, Tiny grew more relaxed as he entered his element. He seemed at peace here, a natural confidence that served to calm those who let it ease their concerns.

When the group paused, he found a spot to stand and watch, uncertain if they would have time to hunt or forage.

At Gilar's comments, he smiled in thanks.

Taking 10 on Perception (17). Also, Tiny has the scent special ability.

Zefir
2013-05-26, 11:49 AM
The weather is nice and only a few clouds fill the sky to grand shadow. I should mention that it is the time between spring and summer a time to plant seeds. The fields you passed and see are full of people, trying to get the job done before the next rain comes. Some use horses to dig through the earth and others do it by their own hand.

Laegwen miss the forest for the trees.
At least there aren't any signs of danger around. The farmer just keep on their work. I'm not sure what kind of 'game' is seeked for but there isn't anything that can count as a game. It smells like many people are around here.

Helen might remember that she is the only one with a hore and they head into deep woods. Not the best choice.

Deleren takes out some chees and bread for himself and takes a small meal. He keeps himself out of the discussions. He sits on a stone watching what you do, shaking his head about some actions.

Ferlin has placed himself close to his guard and searches through his bagpack. At least he wants to know whats inside.

Baron Of Hell
2013-05-27, 07:51 AM
Laegwen Zentol-F-Elf-Rogue
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=552009)

Laegwen paces around a bit. Clears her throat. Brushes her red hair out of her face and then begins to sing.

Sky fits heaven so fly it
That’s what the prophet said to me
Child fits mother so hold your baby tight
That’s what my future could see

Fate fits karma so use it
That’s what the wise man said to me
Love fits virtue so hold on to the light
That’s what our future will be.....

Laegwen becomes lost in song and begins to dance. Her green leather pants and vest move with a seductive quality as it clings to her body. Her red flies around like spreading fire. Once the song comes to a end she simply sits down and takes a sip of water.

After a little bit Laegwen addresses Helen.

How do you keep the horse from panicking when the snake is near?

Erik Vale
2013-05-27, 03:33 PM
Helen looks up from her scratching of the horse [and cleaning], noting that it'll be annoying walking the horse through the woods...
At least it'll be a pack mule.

She smiles at Laegwen.
"Didn't you notice the symbol upon it's forehead? It's not exactly a snake, it simply looks like one, it's my Eidelon... And I've trained Bessy here to take no mind as to Acka."

Smileybastard
2013-05-27, 06:40 PM
Thallard

Thallard smiles and applauds Laegwen after her song and dance with a broad smile on his face.

Encore!

shugyosha
2013-05-27, 11:50 PM
Gilar

The young man enjoys the show in front of him. He whistles along to her singing and claps along to her dancing. "Now that's entertainment."

Starbin
2013-05-28, 01:15 PM
Tiny watched the woman dance, one eyebrow raised in surprise. Once she finished, he nodded to himself; but when he saw the others clapping, he hurriedly started to clap, too. Of course, it seemed very odd to suddenly burst into dance and song, but perhaps that was the way of her people.

Shrugging it all away, he took one of his berries and ate it. As the juice ran down his throat, he felt the pangs of hunger disappear as the natural magic imbued into the fruit did its work. He pulled out his iron pot and murmured a few words, waving his thick fingers over the lip. Suddenly, there was water filling the pot. He grabbed his waterskin and took a long pull on it, before dunking it into the pot to refill it. Looking at the others, he gestured towards the pot. "If you need water, take some."

Back and ready to go!

Smileybastard
2013-05-28, 02:35 PM
Thallard

Why thank you Tiny. Much appreciated.

Thallard refills his water skin.

Starbin
2013-05-29, 06:09 PM
Tiny looked around at the others, holding the pot out. "Anyone else?"

Baron Of Hell
2013-05-29, 07:48 PM

Sorry boys and girls no time for a encore. I will take some of that water Tiny. Thank you very much.

Laegwen tops off her water container and gives Tiny a friendly wink as she does. She then checks her gear and prepares to leave.

I'm ready when you guys are.

shugyosha
2013-05-29, 11:18 PM
Gilar

"Pass it here," he calls for the water. One quick swig and he gives back to Tiny. "Thanks much."

Looking at the others, "Ready to go whenever you are."

Smileybastard
2013-05-30, 05:24 AM
Thallard

Always ready.

Zefir
2013-05-30, 02:09 PM
Deleren takes his bagpack after the hour is over .

"Everyone let's go." he sais, turning to the wood.

The way through the wood starts good. You get through a road for another hour, but at some point Deleren heads right into the woods, following another trail. This way is a bit harder to go and nearly impossible to go mounted. Things seem to be normal, many birds seem to sing, the leafs rustle in the wind and some animals seem to flee when you come closer.

Please Roll:
1x Fortitude Save
2x Will Saves

Baron Of Hell
2013-05-30, 05:33 PM

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Starbin
2013-05-30, 06:07 PM
After everyone had their fill, Tiny took another drink from the pot, then poured the remainder of the water out over any flowering plants nearby. After putting the pot away, he stood and stretched, waiting on the others. Soon afterwards, Deleren rose and ordered them to follow. Tiny gathered his pack and followed, letting the others fill in front of him as he took a 'rear-guard' position - he figured he was the best suited for tracking the group should they get separated.

Fort: [roll0]
Will 1: [roll1]
Will 2: [roll2]
Tiny has Endurance (+4 save), depending on what these are for :smallsmile:.

EDIT: Uh, oh ... I'm doomed on my next few rolls, I think!

Prospector
2013-05-30, 07:06 PM
Zelgadis Greywords

Zelgadis simply stows his book and waterskin away when the group looks like their ready to go.

Fort: [roll0]
Will1: [roll1]
Will2: [roll2]

Zefir
2013-06-04, 01:47 AM
So Derlen heads on through the wood. The path gets hard while you walk deeper into the wood. Even if some of aren't used to such a hard trip, Derlen keeps pushing you to reach the daily goal. It doesn't need long until you reach the edge of the clearing and some of you seem very exhausted (Those who failed the For Save DC 10 Helen, Laegwen, Thallard, Gilar. Means you are Sickened for some time.)

As you pass the edge of the clearing, Helen, Acka, Thallard and Ferlin immediatly fall to the ground asleep.
Laegwen seems to be stuck like something is holding her in place. The sleep doesn't effect elfev after all.

Gilar, Tiny and Zelgadis can see the reason for this falling. Three robed people on the right side of the groupe seem to have casted their spells while the groupe was reaching the clearing. Now that this is donw other people jump out of bushes and trees. At least 10 guys with bows, crossbows and slings appear around you, while 6 people with different kind of meele weapon cover them.

For those who don't get it these are bandits. All look rather poor, but their number and the trap seem to do the job well.

Derlen, who obviously seems to not get into the spells effect, turns around his short sword drawn.

"I think it may be best for those who still stand to drop your weapons. If you resist, well have you ever felt sseveral arrows in your head?"

Erik Vale
2013-06-04, 02:10 AM
True to Helen's word, the moments Helen starts falling to the ground, Acka starts disapearing, and he is gone by the time she has hit the ground.

The horse, unused to people collapsing, shies way and moves back slightly before looking to the people still standing, confused.

Starbin
2013-06-04, 05:27 PM
Tiny paused, looking at the fallen people, then to the struggling Laegwen, then at the group surrounding them, and finally at Derlen.

"Wait ... what?"

Sorry I didn't smell them, guys ... guess we surrender, eh?

shugyosha
2013-06-04, 06:28 PM
Gilar

Well it's not like he had his weapon drawn and he was feeling sick. He slowly removes his short sword and bow."Well, its not like I was going to use it anyway."

Starbin
2013-06-06, 02:06 PM
Shaking his head in confusion, Tiny unlimbered his weapons and dropped them, one hand nervously reaching down to pat Lucky's cage. This was all very odd ...

Going on vacation ... I'll post when I can!

Zefir
2013-06-09, 07:10 AM
While people drop their weapon the bandits rush forward and start enchain and gag everyone of you. Even the eidolong got packed into a bag so it can't see anything. The bandits then take you across the clearing where they have places there stuff. You all get bound around a tree and those who felt asleep or got paralized awake. The bandits build a tent around you so random travelers don't see you on first sight. Only Ferlin got taken somewhere else.

Afrer an hour Derlen comes to you guearded by most of his man.

"I'm sorry, that you got into this, but we are going to make quiet a deal with the young boy's help. Maybe the city buys something for your heads as well."

He then heads out again. Strangly the bandits have put all your stuff into a chest and placed it in the same tent as you are right now.

Smileybastard
2013-06-09, 07:19 AM
Thallard

Thallard mumbles something unintelligible through the gag then carefully looks around the room to anything that could be of help. He checks to see how each of us is bound (ropes or chains and the knots/locks involved).

He then tries his strength against whatever looks the weakest.

Perception [roll0]

Strength to break bonds [roll1]

Baron Of Hell
2013-06-09, 07:55 AM

Laegwen struggles a bit to test the restraints. Looking around at the group she tries to convey a look that says don't worry I got this.

She then attempts to used the skills she learned on the streets to escape the restraints.
Take 20 escape artist at 23

Smileybastard
2013-06-09, 08:28 AM
Thallard

Thallard seeing what Laegwen is doing does his best to help

Aid other Escape artist [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-06-09, 08:16 PM
Gilar

Once they are left along, the young man begins to squirm and wriggle, trying to escape from his bonds.

taking 20 or 10 for escape artist (22 or 12)

Erik Vale
2013-06-09, 10:42 PM
Helen
Like the others, Helen struggles to esscape the bonds, albeit remaining quiet.

[OOC Note and action.]

Other than spelling which I'll put up to whatever device your using, I would like to point out that Eidelon's disappear when their masters fall asleep, unless that's an actual change in this world. If so I'll go and back edit.

Anyhow, taking 20 on strength for a 21 to bust the bonds.

Smileybastard
2013-06-09, 11:07 PM
Thallard

Seeing everyone else struggling to get free Thallard shifts his plan and puts his great strength to the task of freeing himself.

Take 20 on Strength 24

Zefir
2013-06-12, 12:48 AM
Laegwen needs a bit of time until she can free herself deom the handcuffs. Sadly they are to strong for the others to break. It seems the bandits got well preperated after all.

A few moments before Laegwen got free, one of the bandits takes a look inside. Since he can't see the handcuffs all seems ok and he goes on.
If Laegwen tries to get the others free as well, it will need some more time, but she can manage it. The question is what do thesy do if the guard shows up again. He comes in regulary so once every handcuff.

Thallard can't see anything usefull. It seems from his position he can only see the walls of the tent.

Baron Of Hell
2013-06-12, 10:27 AM

Ok guys I'll try to free one of you to keep watch while I free the others.

Moving as quickly as possible Laegwen moves to Thallard and attempts to free him. She also tries to keep a ear out for anyone coming. If she hears anyone she will get back in place and pretend nothing is going on.

Action
Disable Device on Thallard's cuffs
Take 20 is 27
Listen for anyone coming by
[roll0]

Smileybastard
2013-06-12, 06:47 PM
Thallard

Thallard begins to look eagerly look towards the chest with there equipment. He also listens for approaching people.

Perception [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-06-12, 08:59 PM
Gilar

"Hurry up girl..." he says with obvious inpatients as he wriggles more to get out of his bonds.

Starbin
2013-06-14, 03:45 AM
Tiny watched the others work, wondering about the situation they found themselves in. it seemed odd that hey would be tied up within reach of their gear, especially if they weren't worth much and could identify their captors. The orcs he grew up with would simply kill them. Well, perhaps rape the women, eat one or two if them, then kill the rest.

He could tap into some of his primal strength, but he didn't know if that would help or harm. Instead, he simply watch carefully, trying to assist where he could, and not interfere where he couldn't.

Can Tiny aid another in Escape Artist, while tied up?

Zefir
2013-06-16, 03:43 AM
Laegwen manages to avoid that the guard notice that the cains are already open. Which leaves you some time now after the last chain is broken.

A cracking noise copmes from outside. It seems the day is at his edge and the bandits start making fire to get some vision and wamr at night.

Thallard can search through the chest after he is free. It's likly all stuff they got, expect their gold and other coins. After all why shouldn't the bandits take the money?

Smileybastard
2013-06-16, 11:55 AM
Thallard

Thallard quietly goes and pulls his longsword out of the chest and resumes his former spot keeping the sword out of view.

stealth[roll0]

Baron Of Hell
2013-06-16, 12:26 PM

Laegwen quickly grabs a dagger and conceals it.

Now that we are all free does anyone have a plan? She says in a whisper.

Might I suggest we cut a hole in the back of the tent and sneak out. I don't see how we can fight 15 armed men.

She then gets back in place.

Actions
Stealth [roll0]

Smileybastard
2013-06-16, 12:33 PM
Thallard

We should likely check to see if the back of the tent has some cover. If we have time I would like to put my armor on or at least take it.

Erik Vale
2013-06-16, 03:57 PM
"I can provide us plenty of distraction if need be... But I agree that the wizards a likely to powerful, however they have our horses and I'm guessing several good trackers, we can't just pick a direction and walk off..."

Helen grabs as much of her stuff as she can, stuffing it into her backpack.

Smileybastard
2013-06-16, 04:44 PM
Thallard

Thallard gathers his gear and packs it up then begins to put on his chain shirt.

Baron Of Hell
2013-06-16, 11:48 PM

Oh crap Ferlin isn't with us. We can't leave without him. New plan idea. How about we jump the next person that walks in here and try to take him down silently and make him tell where their leader is. I then take his clothes and disguise myself as the bandit. I sneak up to the leader and take him prisoner by placing my dagger at his neck. Then I force him to let us all go or I kill him.

She looks around for agreement as she gathers the rest of her gear.

To bold and crazy?

Erik Vale
2013-06-17, 12:13 AM
"That or just enough, who are you asking?"

Starbin
2013-06-17, 12:24 AM
Once free, Tiny immediately went to the chest, searching for the cage with Lucky in it. His gear could easily be replaced, but the rabbit had become a close friend over the years.

If he finds Lucky, then Tiny will gather his equipment and don his hides (one minute) before doing anything else.

If lucky isn't there ... Well, things will certainly get interesting - apologies in advance! :smallsmile:

Baron Of Hell
2013-06-17, 12:44 AM
"That or just enough, who are you asking?"

All of you, we are in this together after all.

Smileybastard
2013-06-17, 05:17 AM
Thallard

Thallard finishes putting on his armor. I was just going to say I am not going anywhere without Ferlin. He smiles and nods towards Laegwen.

I think that might be too bold and may serve just to separate us. Wait until dark? What time of day is it anyway? At night we could take the guards out and take the rest as they sleep. In the mean time we take out any who check on us.

shugyosha
2013-06-17, 10:18 AM
Gilar

Once freed and re-equiped the swarthy man says matter-of-factly, "We could join them."

Smileybastard
2013-06-17, 12:11 PM
Thallard

Thallard looks at Gilar in disbelief. Join them?

shugyosha
2013-06-17, 11:07 PM
Gilar

"Yeah, well, until we can come up with something better; plus they might need more man power. You never know."

Smileybastard
2013-06-17, 11:48 PM
Thallard

They as in the people who kidnapped us?

shugyosha
2013-06-18, 12:02 AM
Gilar

"Actually the people who kidnaped the boy. Remember we were just around... and like I said until we can find a better time to escape."

Baron Of Hell
2013-06-18, 01:40 AM

And I thought my plan was crazy and bold. hmmm well lets look at this logically. They didn't kill us out right when they could have, so maybe they will be willing to talk. The problem will be can all of us BS our way into their group. hmmm I'm not liking this plan one bit. Looking like she is deep in thought she continues.

I rather we kill them or subdue them as they come into the tent. Removing 4 or 5 of them silently would give us a fighting chance in a all out battle.

She readies her crossbow preparing to shoot the next person that walks in. If there is a shadowy corner to hide in she will do that also so she can get off a sneak attack.

Actions

[roll=steath]1d20+7

Baron Of Hell
2013-06-18, 01:42 AM
Stealth check to hide in shadow
[roll0]

Zefir
2013-06-18, 04:49 AM
((First off, sorry that I#m so rarly post. I try to change that, but sometimes I don't feel like posting...))

To clear your situation, since I think your not having the same image as I do (includes new informations)
You are all in a tent that is placed around a tree.
You all where bound around this tree.
A shadow place is right on the opposite side of the entrance due to the tree.
Light seems to come from the front part of the tent where the entrance is. Two shadows can be seen right and left of the entrance. at least is seems like two people are close by. You noticed that there was allways a third person who looked inside.
The chest only contains armor, and weapons. Aside of it are the other ceap stuff like bedrolls and so on. Gold is missing. The horse is bound somewhere outside. The rabbit is missing as well.
Taking on your armor needs a few minutes.
After all are free, it's a bit after sunfall => It's night now.

((Hopefully this clears all actions.))

Perception Checks:
You can read all spoiler who the result is lower then your roll
Result 8
The bandits seemed to start roasting their lunch over the fire since the smell of roasted meat and the sound of boiling water comes up.
Result 12
The back of the tent appears empty, but you as you take a silent moment you notice someone or something walking behind the tent.
Result 15
A strange noise comes from North (lokking at the entrance from the tree it's on the right side). It sounds like a big amount of feets stomp over the ground.

Erik Vale
2013-06-18, 06:13 AM
"Might as well... I could shoot one of the ones standing to the side of the door... Wish I new a offensive cantrip... I could produce a distraction..."

Helen wispers as she starts aiming her crossbow at one of the side shadows, she had decided against the time to put on armour...

Smileybastard
2013-06-18, 07:05 AM
Thallard

Well I am a bad liar, but not too bad at not speaking. Nonetheless I would prefer something more direct.
If we begin to fight and you need protection stay close to me.

With that he moves to the side of the door.

shugyosha
2013-06-18, 12:29 PM
Gilar

"What kind of distraction you want?" he asks.

[roll0] perception

"Hmm, Something is going on over." Gilar says pointing to the North.

Smileybastard
2013-06-18, 01:04 PM
Thallard

Now we are talking. Maybe a noise in here to draw in a single guard?

Erik Vale
2013-06-18, 06:44 PM
Helen turns her head, still whispering.
"I can't see anything.... Though I said I could provide one when we're all ready, not that we need one."

Smileybastard
2013-06-18, 07:00 PM
Thallard

My biggest concern is the magic users. They took us out so easily last time.

Erik Vale
2013-06-18, 07:09 PM
"True, but we have no clue as to how endurent they are, they might have used up their magic for the day... I haven't but about all I can do it heal."

Smileybastard
2013-06-18, 07:13 PM
Thallard

Thallard smiles. I am rather found of healing.

Starbin
2013-06-19, 02:07 AM
Tiny growled, something low and feral. He turned to the others with a dangerous glint in his eyes, something far different from what they had seen from the huge man thus far. The smell of roasted meat only served to incense him more.

Reaching into the chest, Tiny pulled free his axe. "You wish a distraction? Get ready ...". Hearing someone behind the tent, he called out, "Where's my rabbit?!". Then he leaned back, with the axe behind his broad back, waiting for someone to respond ...

Guess we'll get started ... :smallbiggrin:

Smileybastard
2013-06-19, 08:04 AM
Thallard

Thallard stands near the huge man staying alert as possible as to the direction someone may come.

perception[roll0]

shugyosha
2013-06-19, 06:34 PM
Gilar

The huge man readied his weapon before he could ask what they planned to do with the distraction. There were men in front of the tent, at least one behind them, and very likely more on their way.

It was too late, the die has been cast and now the only thing to do is prepare for the onslaught. He drew his sword.

Zefir
2013-06-25, 06:57 AM
As Tiny shouts out against the person behind the tent, a shriek happens and the person seems to run away quickly. The guards, obviously still assuming you are chained, head for the edge of the clearing, weapons in hand and searching for the person who ran away. The noise of weapons been drawn appear from the fireplace.

Those who heard the noise from befor
can hear the stomping much clearer. It appears that these aren't horses. It must be something with shorter feet.

Erik Vale
2013-06-25, 05:21 PM
After a quick moment, Helen's face turns to a smile.
"I'll call that a distraction, come on, lets go."

Helen quickly ducks out of the tent, turning her head to have a look around, her crossbow already loaded.

Starbin
2013-06-25, 06:13 PM
Grabbing his gear, Tiny followed the woman out of the tent, pushing forward to follow the smell of roasting meat. "If they hurt Lucky ..." He stalked forward, intent on finding his missing friend.

Smileybastard
2013-06-25, 06:19 PM
Thallard

Thallard charges out trying to stay close to Helen. Looking around to get an idea of what is going on.

Perception [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-06-25, 07:07 PM
Gilar

He stays his ground and wait to see what happens.

Baron Of Hell
2013-06-25, 08:05 PM

Laegwen follows Thallard out with crossbow in hand. She tries to look around for danger as she runs.

Zefir
2013-07-15, 01:34 AM
As you look outside, your just ready to see what made the noise some heared before. On the other side of the clearing, some strange figures, riding on horses break out of the wood and attack the Bandits. Even thought this is a suprise attack, the bandits seem to be able to keep up.

Either way, a few of the bandits notice your escape. As you stopm out the figures at the fire grab their weapons.

Map

circle = players Speech color for everyone.
Blue = meele
Red/Green = range
Grey = Mage
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/rect3347_zpsfa76ae9b.png (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/Goldmann-andreas/media/rect3347_zpsfa76ae9b.png.html)

Erik Vale
2013-07-15, 01:57 AM
Halting as soon as she can see out the tent, Helen curses their being spotted, and rather than firing she chooses to do the one thing that might attract attention away from them as she moves.

As the mage gets up to gather his equipment, he will suddenly notice a viper appearing near him. Or he will notice when it hisses and without needing to be told, bites him.

Assumings squares are 5ft by 5ft each, Helen will move to 11K, and use her Summon Monster SLA, summoning a Celestial Viper in the same square as the mage [17G].

Said snake immidiately activates Smite Evil, and bites the wizard.
Attack Roll:
Unlikely Crit Confirm Roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] [I think damage may be in error, but from reading the summon monster 1 statblocks it's what I get]
Poison Damage [on failed save] roll]1d2 Fobard that roll. However that is looking like a hit on the mage for a hit die, which is always lovely.

Also, what do everyone's weapons/armour look like?

Starbin
2013-07-15, 10:56 AM
Tiny glanced around, looking for his friend (in the direction of the fire, most likely), before his eyes alighted upon the bandits. With a roar, he rushed towards an opponent, his axe at the ready.

Sorry, but I can't see the map at work, so Tiny wants to attack this round. So he'll charge the nearest ranged adversary (wizard or archer) w/in 30 ft (since he can only do a modified charge). If he can't reach a ranged enemy, he'll charge a melee. If he can't reach anyone with a charge, then he'll just advance on one of the archers.

Initiative: [roll0]
Charge attack (if necessary): [roll1], dam: [roll2]

AC: 7 (yub, 7); HPs: 11/11

EDIT: Wow, what an awesome time for a roll of a 1.

Smileybastard
2013-07-15, 06:45 PM
Thallard

Thallard stays beside Laegwen and Helen as best he can as to help defend them.

He will use bodyguard to increase their AC if they are attacked.

Baron Of Hell
2013-07-15, 07:00 PM

Laegwen is thinking she isn't a front line fighter. She already had her crossbow loaded from before so she decided to ready her weapon and wait for a clear shot.

I'll try to provide cover fire as best I can

Action
Ready Action: Will shoot at nearest enemy if she gets a clear shot
[roll0]
[roll1]

shugyosha
2013-07-15, 10:35 PM
Gilar

The man sighs as his hopes of not engaging in combat seems to have disappeared. He pulls out his short sword.

Starting his Archaeologist luck

Zefir
2013-07-17, 02:06 AM
Helen|[roll0]

{table]Name|Inittive
Thallard| 15+
Laegwen|13
Gilar| 22
Tiny| 15
Helen|000
Zelgadis Greywords|---
Bandits| 11
[/table]

Helen isn't able to get a clear sight at anyone outside. The problem still is that the tent blocks your view. And so it is for Laegwen. (You can both decide to take an extra move action to clear things.)

As Tiny tries to charge, he trips over a log someone dropped and just manages to keep standing.
The actions of the rest seem to work, too. But the Bandits still appear suprised.

The figure behind the tent runs off.

circle = players Speech color for everyone.
Blue = meele
Red/Green = range
Grey = Mage
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Map1-2_zps99a1ff80.png (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/Goldmann-andreas/media/Map1-2_zps99a1ff80.png.html)

Smileybastard
2013-07-17, 05:12 PM
Thallard

Thallard says "Move out of the tent and stay close to me if you want protection. Take out the ranged fighters and let the rest come to us".
He moves out of the tent to K-12.

Erik Vale
2013-07-18, 01:24 AM
Helen moves back a little, willing to let others stand in front, with a few words, she summons a celestial viper that darts towards the mage.

Move to L12, actually summoning the viper this time, rolls from previous post.

Baron Of Hell
2013-07-18, 02:15 AM

Things are going to get crazy she thinks to herself.

Right behind you Thallard. That mage is the biggest threat. That bastard might be able to put you guys asleep and freeze me again.

Actions
Move Action: move to J12
Standard Action: Attack mage with crossbow.
[roll0]
[roll1]

shugyosha
2013-07-18, 11:25 AM
Gilar

The scoundrel decides to exit the back and lifts the back of the tent then leaves, hiding himself away from the others.

Move to J7
stealth
[roll0]

Starbin
2013-07-18, 12:33 PM
Tiny continued to advance, moving to his left as he engaged one of the archers from the side. As he swung his axe, he suddenly grew in size, towering over the bandit, growling "Where's my rabbit?!"

Standard move to M17 (I think) - moving to engage red square. Swift action to activate enlarge person.
Attack vs Red: [roll0], damage: [roll1]
AC: 7, HPs: 11/11, extended reach

EDIT: DANG IT!

Zefir
2013-07-24, 01:19 AM
Gillar seems to be able to cut a way trhough the back of the tent. It's hard to tell if they did take note since both guards rushed for the people at the front.

The snake bites the poor mage and it seems like it's poison takes effec, since the skin around the wound got a little green touch. The arrow hits as well, but the mage keeps standing. He steps away from the snake and cast something against himself.

Tiny misses his target and dragged himself into a bad position. Both archer take aim at the big target and both manage to land a hit.

The last one at the fire takes his sword , obviously intimidated by the giant orc, he heads instead for the Viper and cuts of her head in one hit.

The guards take their axe and mace, but neither of them seems to be able to hit.

Tiny
8 Damage
Viper
10 Dmage. With only 3 Hitpoint she is dead.
[MAP]
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Map1-3_zps0158339c.png (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/Goldmann-andreas/media/Map1-3_zps0158339c.png.html)

Erik Vale
2013-07-24, 01:58 AM
Helen curses as the viper dies, with smooth motions conjuring another creature into being as she runs. She's tempted to conjour a horse but decides against it for now.
The Hawk comes into existence near the mage which it then dive bombs. The mage may well be weakened, but Helen didn't want to give him a chance, as much as she was making herself a target.

Post made assuming I instead moved to L13, I definately didn't move to L17
Question, looking around, the entire area is encircled by tree's yes?

Using a 2nd use of Summon monster to summon a celestial eagle within 1 move action of the mage. Who will make a single Smite evil bite attack.

Helen will then move to Q14.

Eagles attack [Smite Evil]
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] [Assuming Evil, -1 if not]

Smileybastard
2013-07-24, 08:25 AM
Thallard

Thallard shifts around Laegwen and attacks the guard there.

Moves to J11
Attack roll[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Starbin
2013-07-24, 11:51 AM
Tiny staggered forward, increasing his size again as he tried to keep the archer engaged. Blood flowed freely from a shot in his side as he swung his huge blade again.

Standard move to close on the red square. Swift action to activate enlarge person.
Attack vs Red: [roll0], damage: [roll1]
AC: 7, HPs: 3/11 (-8), extended reach

EDIT - Well, it was nice playing with you all ...

Baron Of Hell
2013-07-24, 01:31 PM

Where the heck did this guy come from. You wouldn't hit a girl would you?

Laegwen frantically loads her crossbow

How about you just back the $%$%$ up before I place bolt in your face

Not waiting for a reply she takes aim and fires her crossbow.

Actions:
Move Action: Load Cross bow
Standard Action: Attack closest guy
[roll0]
[roll1]

shugyosha
2013-07-25, 06:22 PM
Gilar

Sneaking around back Gilar tries to attack the guard from behind.

Move to H10
[roll0] to hit (archeologist luck and flanking)
[roll1] damage

Zefir
2013-07-29, 02:27 AM
The hawk ends what the viper and the crossbow already started. They felt the mage. But then he returns to his plane after the warrir(blue) and the bowman(green) shot him down.

Thallard and Gilar manage to bring down the other fighter close to Laegwen. Laegwen couldn't land a good sho, but with his enemy down he can now assisst the others.

Helen should really watch were she goes (You are now yellow on the map). The fighter behind her used his chance to attack her from behind. He missed, but notice that even with her summoning the other fighter is more dangerouse.. Still he can't seem to pass the armor of the warrior.

Tiny (I reread it, you reach doesn't count as threaten squares.) missis again his enemy leaving a hole in the ground with his rage. The man shoots an arrow again, this time a bit bad aimed. Still it hit' due to tiny's large size.

Tiny
1 Damage

MAP
Tell me if the map is to larg.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Map1-4_zps0d766f62.png (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/Goldmann-andreas/media/Map1-4_zps0d766f62.png.html)

Erik Vale
2013-07-29, 04:07 AM
Helen ducks the blow as she moves, making a quick sigh that she wasn't chased.
But she couldn't run just yet, there were the others, and she could be chased down.
Bringing up her crossbow, Helen takes a slower breath, and takes a quick shot at one of the archers, before turning and running towards the woods for cover.

Standard Action, Helen shoots the archer with the least visible armour.
Attack [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Helen then moves to Q8

Baron Of Hell
2013-07-29, 01:57 PM

Leagwen decides to run for cover and regroup. She shoulders her bow and runs to the back of the tent.

Actions:
Mover Action: Move to k7
Standard Action: Shoulder crossbow

shugyosha
2013-07-30, 09:06 AM
Gilar

As the guards body slumps lifelessly to the ground the swarthy man has already determined his next target and charges the next guard.

charge to H15
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] dam

Smileybastard
2013-07-31, 12:06 AM
Thallard

Thallard charges the Eenmy at H16.

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Starbin
2013-07-31, 06:20 PM
Seeing his gambit did not work last time, Tiny advanced again to close with the archer, swinging hard at the man. This time, however, he remained normal size, in an attempt to confuse his opponent.

Move and attack (might only be a five foot step).
Attack: [roll0], damage: [roll1]
AC: 9, HPs: 2/11 (-8, -1)

So, my first four attacks are a 1, 3, 8, and 6 ... WTF?

Zefir
2013-08-20, 02:48 AM
Helen takes good aim, but the bandit she aimed for dodged her bolt. It was close, but still not a hit.

Leagwen escapes behind the tent, even thought the bandits still know she is their non goes after her.

The meele front seems to be stuck neither Tiny or Gilarmanage to hit, Thallard on the other hand manages to land a good hit on the guard, even tought the one he ran of from was close to hit him.

The bandits also didn't land many hit's. Even if they flank Thallard they aren't able to land a hit.
Tiny on the other hand got a bit of bad luck as the bowman in front of him manages to land another shot.

Tiny
2 Damage from Arrow
Map
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Map1-5_zpsfa7f1c0a.png (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/Goldmann-andreas/media/Map1-5_zpsfa7f1c0a.png.html)

Erik Vale
2013-08-20, 03:27 AM
Helen scrowls, watching the combat move as she winds the mechanism of her crossbow.
Bringing the crossbow back up, Helen takes a breath and fires more calmly, picking out the nearest wounded opponent.

To hit [roll0] [Firing into melee penalty]
Damage [roll1]

Baron Of Hell
2013-08-20, 06:49 AM

Laegwen sheaths her crossbow and draws her Rapier. There is no time to move so she stays at her current position behind the tent.

Don't give up guys. We'll make these guys pay for what they did.

Starbin
2013-08-21, 10:34 AM
Staggering back, Tiny stared at the shaft protruding from his side. The arrow hadn't bit too deeply, but with the other wounds, it was enough to overcome the big man's mighty constitution. With blurring eyes, Tiny called upon his link to nature to grow in size, then stumbled a step forward adn took one last, spitful swing at the archer in front of him.

Delirious in pain, his shout came out as more of a mumble. "Whhherre's mmy rabbbit ...

After his swing, he collapsed at the feet of the archer, his eyes rolling up as he passed out from pain, blood pooling underneath him.

Okay, last chance to roll below a 10!
Free action: Enlarge, 5 ft step
Standard action: Attack: [roll0], damage: [roll1]

AC: 7, HPs: 0 (drops to -1 at the end of his action)
Dying

EDIT: And there it is ... one last F*(K YOU from the die roller. Guess Tiny just wasn't meant to be!

Smileybastard
2013-08-22, 08:15 PM
Thallard

Thallard attacks the guard in front of him.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

shugyosha
2013-08-26, 11:09 AM
Gilar

The swarthy man continues to swing at the guard before him.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Zefir
2013-08-29, 02:26 AM
Helen Hits the guard behind Thallard and seems to distract him.

Thallard and Gilar manage to kill the guard in front of them which makes one less enemy to fight.

Tiny miss again befor he drops down on the earth. The archer just shrugs and takes aim for Thallard. The other archer does so as well, but both miss.

MAP
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Map1-6_zpsb309a9b0.png (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/Goldmann-andreas/media/Map1-6_zpsb309a9b0.png.html)

Baron Of Hell
2013-08-29, 04:08 AM
"I'm getting back into this fight boys and girls", Laegwen runs into help with her red hair flowing behind her.

Actions:
Move Action: move to H10
Standard Action: Move to H14

Erik Vale
2013-08-29, 05:46 AM
With only one fighter left in combat with her two friends, Helen reloads, taking aim at the nearest archer.

Hit: [roll0], -4 to roll if in melee.
Damage: [roll1]

Smileybastard
2013-09-23, 11:15 AM
Thallard

Thallard turns and swings at the man behind him.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

shugyosha
2013-09-24, 12:19 AM
Gillar

Waisting no time Gillar jumps over the prone bodies and attacks the nearest archer.

Move to H 18
[roll0]
[roll1]
crit check in occ

Zefir
2013-09-24, 04:11 PM
The archer(green) looks suprised at the Bard. He realize to late that the short sword is coming for him. Dead

The last fighter got shot from behind, but this doesn't seem to do enougth to brin him down. He blocks Thralleds attack, but miss his hit when he got to counter.

The last archer (red) aims for the bard, but his arrow goes far away.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Map1-7_zps44a5cb18.png (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/Goldmann-andreas/media/Map1-7_zps44a5cb18.png.html)

Erik Vale
2013-09-24, 09:06 PM
Seeing the fight being brought almost to it's end, Helen breaks into a quiet run towards the remaining archer, reserving her amunition.

Double move to Q20

Starbin
2013-09-24, 11:00 PM
The large druid lay there, slowly bleeding out ... Just a note that I'm still around!

shugyosha
2013-09-24, 11:07 PM
Gillar

The arrow that whizzed by only alerted him of his next target. He rushed at the last archer and thrusted his blade.

move to J21
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Baron Of Hell
2013-09-25, 05:45 AM

Laegwen circles around the fighter to k13 so she flanks him. She then slashes at him with her Rapier.

Actions:
Move: k13
Standard: Attack fighter at J14
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Smileybastard
2013-09-26, 07:16 PM
Thallard

Thallard presses his attack.

Attack [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Zefir
2013-09-29, 08:35 AM
Thallard and Laegwen manage together to kill the last meele fighter.

Gillar miss the atatck and the archer drops his bow to draw a short sword and attack. sadly he misses as well.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Map1-8_zpsf2487280.png (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/Goldmann-andreas/media/Map1-8_zpsf2487280.png.html)

Erik Vale
2013-09-29, 03:48 PM
Changing her hold on her crossbow to her left hand, Helen runs at the remaining archer, shouting near the end before she bashes him around the head with her metal gauntlet.

Move to L21, provoking an attack of opportunity.
Attack: [roll0] [Included bonus for flanking]
Damage: [roll1]+1 =3, forgot str.

Note: Not currently wearing my armor, AC of 12.

Baron Of Hell
2013-09-30, 03:29 AM

Watching her opponent fall Laegwen takes off to engage the next opponent. she is to slow to get to the next enemy but is close enough to reach Tiny.

Looks like the big guy stopped bleed out.

Turning her attention to the last enemy and pointing her sword at him.

"SURRENDER AND DROP OR YOUR DAMN WEAPON. You can't when this."

Laegwen tries her best to intimidate the guy into surrendering or to shaken him.

Move Action: move to L19
Standard Action: Intimidate Last guy
[roll0]

Smileybastard
2013-09-30, 05:37 AM
Thallard

Thallard charges over to the last man, looking as menacing as possible. "Drop your weapon!"

Intimidate [roll0]

shugyosha
2013-09-30, 10:45 AM
Gillar

He wanted to stab the guy but the others seem to want him alive. He growled, "Better to listen to them."

aid others: intimidate
[roll0]

Zefir
2013-10-01, 03:46 AM
The archer turns around and tries to swing hie sword against Helen, but miss. And then a Hand lands in his face.

The men then looks around a little shaken and amybe seeing things twice. Suddendly he drops his weapons and runs away. "Waaaah. I can't stand ten enemies." he shouts while running . so he starts running rigth away from you using withdraw to avoid attacks for thsi round.

What do you think we need a map for.:smalltongue: really just use the last and the men is running.

Oh and just to note, the fist deals nonlethal damage.

Erik Vale
2013-10-01, 05:43 AM
"Halt! Don't make me shoot you!"

Helen shout's after the archer, raising her crossbow. She can't risk him getting help.

No, it's a guantlet, that's why I avoid the no weapon penalty and only attract a AOO from movement not attacking.

Anyhow, Intimidate: [roll0]
Readied action to shoot him if he doesn't stop fleeing, rolls in advance:
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Edit: Screwed up damage roll, but that's a miss anyhow... If I was playing a teen boy, I'd edit my speech to include pitch changing.

shugyosha
2013-10-01, 10:41 AM
Gillar

"I knew I should have gutted him," he says before running off.

charge!
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Baron Of Hell
2013-10-01, 05:26 PM

Stop him we need to know what they did with the kid

Laegwen takes off after the fleeing man with her red hair trailing behind her. A small smirk is on her face, it seems she likes playing cat and mouse.

Actions:
Move Action: move toward enemy
Standard Action: if not close to enemy take another move action. If near the enemy attack doing nonlethal damage.
Rapier attack +3atk -4 nonlethal attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

Smileybastard
2013-10-03, 05:19 PM
Thallard

Thallard runs keeping up with Laegwen. "Stop and we'll let you live if you co-operate."

Intimidate [roll0]

Zefir
2013-10-06, 12:28 PM
The man heres the intimidation, which is followed by pain for him. He can't say any truth in their words and runs for his life. Droping all his belonging to be faster.

Laegwen needs a double move since he used one himself. Gillar and Laegwen may try to get another his, but I should notice that the opening is nearly empty right now and the sounds of fighting have ended after your fight was done. Now the opening is fiilled with cropse.

Erik Vale
2013-10-06, 04:22 PM
Helen growls and starts running after the bandit. They can't afford to let him escape.

Baron Of Hell
2013-10-07, 06:52 AM

CHARGE! If we can't take him alive kill him.

She sprints forward determine to end the bandit

Full Round Action: Charge
[roll0]
[roll1]

Smileybastard
2013-10-07, 09:41 AM
Thallard

Thallard follows Laegwen's lead and charges as well.

Attack [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

shugyosha
2013-10-07, 10:41 AM
Gillar

Gillar continues his attack and chases after the enemy.

Charge
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] attack

Zefir
2013-10-08, 03:41 AM
Laegwen sadly trips over his own feets in his attemp to charge after the man. Thallard miss the man as he got to care for the Elf rouge who drops next to him.

Gillar lands a hit and ends it. The Bandit drops dead to the ground.

So now you are all on the other side of theclearing, far away from tiny following one unarmed bandit.

Erik Vale
2013-10-08, 04:58 AM
Helen slows watching the bandit fall, looking around at all the dead, not entirely sure how she feels... And then she spots their lone casualty, Tiny.

"****!"

Helen immidiately turns and runs beside Tiny, dropping to her knees and muttering incantations in infernal tounge suddenly his wounds start healing.

Casting Infernal Healing, Tiny gains fast healing 1 for 10 rounds.

Starbin
2013-10-09, 02:17 PM
Tiny suddenly awoke as a burning sensation swept over his wounds, leaving a taste of something foul in his mouth. Stumbling to his feet, he glanced around, trying to figure out what had happened. Seeing the dead bodies about the clearing, he spoke, his voice coming out as more of a croak. "Wh-what happened? I, I must have passed out ..."

Then he suddenly realized something. "Lucky! Has anyone seen Lucky?" Frantically, he begins to search around, looking for his little friend.

shugyosha
2013-10-09, 02:58 PM
Gillar

With the archer's body down, Gillar begins to search his body before returning to the group.

[roll0] perception

Erik Vale
2013-10-09, 03:33 PM
Helen pushes down on Tiny's shoulder, she isn't strong but the intention is obvious.
"Wait. We'll find him, in a moment the spell will end and there should be no danger of bleeding out, just try not to take it so hard... When it stops stinging it should be about done."

Helen raises to her feet, a smile on her face as she heads towards the tent and proceeds to armor herself.

Zefir
2013-10-10, 03:00 AM
There is no sign of the rabbit. The clearing is still filled with cropse and a few broken tents. As menioned there is none alive expect you. As far as you can see.

Having dropped his weapons, the archer got less goods.

Studded leather and 3 Silver coins

Erik Vale
2013-10-10, 03:23 AM
OOC: Can we get a general gear list for everyone, not just the acher? Or was that a list of what everyone has other than their weapons?

IC: Helen approaches the food area, worridly looking around for signs the rabbit was eaten or otherwise killed/prepared for food.

shugyosha
2013-10-10, 09:33 AM
Gillar

He takes the three silver and leaves the body to rejoin the others. Once back he says, "We won't have to worry about that guy."

Starbin
2013-10-10, 09:36 AM
Tiny nodded a weary thanks to Helen, but slowly pushed his way to his feet and stumbled to the tent where his gear was left. He armed and armored himself first, periodically stopping and listening for signs of Lucky. Once he was done, he began to search the clearing methodically, starting first at the campfire where he originally smelled roasting meat.

He also looked for the boy they had originally been 'hired' to escort.

Sorry, but not sure Tiny can let the rabbit thing go - not the way I had Tiny attached to it. I didn't expect to lose his pet in the first encounter, so he'll search around carefully before giving up.

Erik Vale
2013-10-12, 05:49 PM
While searching, Helen finds a note on the mage, which she immediately reads.
She also offers to use detect magic on the potions when they are found.

Baron Of Hell
2013-10-12, 07:54 PM

She picks herself off the ground and dust herself off. After a bit walks over and checks the bodies but doesn't find anything that interest her.

Anyone need any help?

Smileybastard
2013-10-12, 08:49 PM
Thallard

Thallard helps Laegwen to her feet and then begins to look for lucky.

Perception [roll0]

Zefir
2013-10-13, 08:13 AM
So there are bad new, good news and some news.

First the bad one. Lucky is nowhere to be found. (Don't worry. The bunny might be a good character reason to go on right?)

The good knew, there isn't even a sign of a dead bunny or an abondend cage. That must mean someone has taken the rabbit with himself. For whatever reason.

And now the some news, whcih is the note you found:

Dear Jim,

take care of those bandits we hires, but don't get to close to any of them. We need to get rid of them before we get the money. Prepare the cave so we could also impision the other guys i catch in the city.

I will head right off after we got the boy and we met at the drowning sea on 21 Seedseason 4301. I will have some friends watch the road if you need help to get rid of the others. One will wait at the Sea inn.

Derlen

The date is around 11 Seedseason 4301 ((If I mix anything say it I hate dates )) If you travel through the streets and use hores, you won't need more then 6 days.

Erik Vale
2013-10-13, 03:23 PM
"What the hell? What are they slavers?"
Helen speaks in disgust.

"We need to get out of here. I say we grab their weapons to sell off fr our trouble and leave, we have someone coming to kill of the bandits sometime... But it looks like a meetings been aranged, If we ride we could get there fast enough to alert the city guard a few days before the event."

Potion identification?
Also, I can summon 3 horses and quick checking reveals 6 of us, can we double up. Also, unless they have horses that's only 1 hour/day riding and one horse will always be doubled up.

Smileybastard
2013-10-13, 05:42 PM
Thallard

Thallard looks grim. "I need to find the boy."

Baron Of Hell
2013-10-14, 08:11 AM

Sounds like we need to leave now, but I'm not opposed to selling the gear off

She runs up to the tent and cuts square out of it. She then places the 3 longswords and 2 short swords in the square and wraps them up in a bundle. She cuts off the cords of the tent to tie the bundle up.

Ok I got the swords lets go.

shugyosha
2013-10-14, 10:40 AM
Gillar

He grabs and short bow and some arrows. In a voice clearly angry at the situation he says, "Wherer to next?"

Starbin
2013-10-15, 01:27 PM
Tiny took a deep breath, having not found any signs of Lucky. That was unfortunate, but at least he hand found remains in the pot! As the others discussed collecting the equipment and selling it, Tiny moved around to check the edges of the clearing, trying to find tracks headed in and out. He figured the bandits (or slavers) had come from a specific direction, perhaps a game trail or something.

When he heard the one man ask where to, Tiny walked over and pointed at the note. "Note says cave ... mebbe we look for that first. Note also says 'friends' watch the road; better stay off the roads."

Sighing, he looked around forlornly, eyes looking for signs of rabbit ears. "I-I'm sorry I was so bad at fighting. Without my magic rabbit, I'm not so lucky."

And THAT must be why he kept missing! :smallbiggrin:

For Survival (+10) and finding tracks, Tiny will take ten if possible. If not, [roll0]. Looking to find any paths in or out of the clearing. Also, I'm guessing the guy trying to run was headed to a place to hole up - either a safe house, a cave, or the city where they were supposed to meet.

Zefir
2013-10-16, 03:47 AM
The horse might do you some good. but those double up are only half as fast as the others so your max speed will be half speed. You are only 5 if I don't miss much your last friend lays in the tent impaled by a spear.

Laegwen is successfull, but needs a bit of time to prepare things. The tent isn't that well made, but that leaves tiny some time to search.

Tiny can find four paths. The first is the one they took to end here and assuming he is right it would lead back to the city. So three ways remain.

1: This way was used during the last days. Several footprints of different size can be found. The archer seems to head hto this path.

2: Some unkown footprints are here. tehy are quiet fresh as well.

3: A few footprints can be found and it appears like this way wasn't used much. Still there are fresh tracks as well. This path seems to be a animal path since it seems to lead into the forest.

Erik Vale
2013-10-16, 03:52 AM
"Might I suggest the third option. The way the archer was running may lead to a bandit hideout with more present, and the unusual footprints may be from the potential assassin for these bandits. We don't need to follow the animal path far, but it seems safest."

Baron Of Hell
2013-10-16, 05:13 AM

She puts down the bundle of swords for a moment.

We should go to where ever they are holding the boy. I got the impression it was at the Sea Inn but maybe it is the cave. Either way the boy should be our first priority.

shugyosha
2013-10-18, 02:29 PM
Gillar

"I don't know about the boy, but the path the archer took seems promising."

Starbin
2013-10-18, 02:32 PM
Tiny scratched his head for a moment, uncertain which paths led where. But it made sense that one led to the cave the note mentioned. Maybe Lucky was there ... maybe the boy was there. That seemed to be a good place to start.

Standing up with his equipment gathered, Tiny pointed to the path the fleeing archer had taken. "I think we should try the cave first. Might find the boy ... and Lucky."

Sorry about that ... didn't realize I hadn't given an opinion!

Erik Vale
2013-10-18, 04:11 PM
"Well then... They archer's path it is... If I conjure some horses we'll go faster, but they may realize we're not bandits should there be any guards, so I'm thinking we walk what about you lot?"

Zefir
2013-10-21, 03:17 AM
There is something I should notice. If you rememebr your still in the woods. The path you choose will leada bit deeper into the wood, that said, horses might have a problem after the first 200 meter.
Either way the first part of the path is easy to find, but soon the way splits.

A survival check would be needed here.
Result under 15.
You can't see any clear hints which way leads to the cave you search. The right way apears more used for you so it should be the one you need to go.
Over 15
At first you can't see any hints, but after taking a few steps on each path you notice a broken branch on the left one. it's only 1 day someone passed here to get to the clearing.

Erik Vale
2013-10-21, 04:32 AM
[Post assuming no take 20]

Helen stops, looking at the ground ahead, maybe taking a closer look by getting off her horse, for the time it still exists... She was keeping close track, she didn't want it to disappear while they were moving.

"We should go the less used path... I can't see any indicators, but bandits wouldn't want to be leaving obvious thoroughfares, and even if they were busy they would try and discourage people from the path, such as by making it appear unused... In either case, we should be on our guard."

shugyosha
2013-10-21, 12:18 PM
Gillar

Once dismounted he hand a better view of the paths. After a moment he says, "I think they might have went this way," pointing to a broken branch.

Erik Vale
2013-10-21, 03:45 PM
"Well, proof of concept."
Helen turns in her saddle.
"Would you mind swapping with me for the reins so I can have my crossbow out, won't shoot very well cramped like this but it's something."

Starbin
2013-10-22, 12:14 PM
Tiny nodded to everyone's assessment, thinking the right was the best way to go. He kept his axe at the ready, uncertain about almost everything he knew now that his rabbit was gone. A thought managed to worm its way into his thick brain and after a little, he spoke. "We should hurry. If the cave is too far, we'll miss the meeting in the city."

Baron Of Hell
2013-10-22, 09:13 PM

Well lets hurry and go then. I'll ride with Tiny

Laegwen gathers up the swords and gets on one of the summoned horses.

Starbin
2013-10-24, 06:24 PM
Tiny nodded slowly, then mounted the horse and waited to go to the path they chose. He kept his axe at the ready, but was uncertain what else to do right now. His mind was preoccupied with Lucky ...

shugyosha
2013-10-26, 01:27 PM
Gillar

Grumbling to himself he remounts and follows the others.

Zefir
2013-10-28, 04:12 AM
The way leads futher into the fores and it's easy to follow it. At afternoon the cave you seek get's into sight.

The cave is nhard to notice if you don't exactly look for it. The entrance is surrounded by bushes and trees which cover it from beeing seen from the top and the other sides. The entrance points north so the sun only hit's indside when it rise and fall. The front of the Cave seems empty. None is in front of the cave.

Erik Vale
2013-10-28, 05:06 AM
Helen crouches amongst the growth looking at the cave.
"If you give me a moment, I can call my eidelon, it is capable of seeing far in the dark which will prevent them detecting our presence."

Should they allow her, Helen will retreat into the undergrowth, and begin seemingly meditating.

Starbin
2013-10-28, 10:14 AM
Tiny shrugged, knowing that scouting was not his strongest ability. "I can see in the dark, too ... but call your friend if you like. Is it a rabbit, too?"

Egads, while Tiny has darkvision he also has a -4 to his Stealth. Yeow!

shugyosha
2013-10-28, 03:55 PM
Gillar

The grumpy man unslings his bow from his shoulder. "Hurry up," he chides, "day light's a waste'n"

Erik Vale
2013-10-28, 04:04 PM
"Yes, but daylight's not in the cave."

Those who take note will watch her Eidelon form in front of Hlen long before it appears, appearing for the life of it to be a winged snake.
It opens it's mouth to speak, but then halts as Helen speaks to it through her mind. It then slithers up to the cave, moving to the roof, and heading in to scout it out.

Climb if needed: [roll0] has climb speed of 25.
Stealth: [roll1]
Perception: [roll2] Has Darkvision out to 60ft.

Baron Of Hell
2013-10-28, 08:09 PM

Laegwen takes her bundle of swords and hides them in some brush. She then takes out her crossbow and loads a bolt. She takes a moment to straiten her before following Gillar.

Zefir
2013-10-29, 04:57 AM
The Eidolon will climb up the roof, but to look inside it will hang down the entrance like a big waterdrop. I'm not sure how smart the eidolon is, but it can't see anyone moving inside the cave. The cave is a natural building tall enougth to allow a normal human to stand. There are holes in the sides of the cave and the cave seems to whirl down a bit. From the entrance you can't see downwards.

Erik Vale
2013-10-29, 05:16 AM
Int 7, so as smart as a dumb human, but Helen and Acka are in constant communication though Link.
Acka is also technically human size [medium]

Acka will move to look down each of the whirls, Helen meanwhile speaks.

"The cave branches off into multiple natural tunnels, so far Acka can't spot anything, I think it's safe to enter ourselves."

Starbin
2013-10-29, 12:51 PM
Tiny lumbered forward, scanning the cave for signs of Lucky. Or anything bad.

Perception +7 (taking 10 if possible, for 17), and Survival to see tracks (+10, so taking 10 will net a 20).

Zefir
2013-11-05, 03:52 AM
[roll0][roll1]
To take 10 you would need time and unless all wait 10 minutes you can't take a ten.
As befor Tiny can make out that is is at least one day ago that a human sized person got here. Still there are other footprints leading from and to the cave. Those are much smaller and as far as he can say they aren't animals.

The eidelon isn't very sneaky after all and since he can only communicate Helen will only get the information that there isn't any human sized moving person down there.

Erik Vale
2013-11-05, 04:11 AM
"Well none of them were bandits, and a shrinking spell seems outsider their budget... Possibly they could be trading with Kobold or Goblins or the like... Unless the child is for some reason staying willingly... I'm not sure which would be a worse option."

shugyosha
2013-11-05, 10:13 AM
Gillar

"Child Slaves," he suggests off handedly. "Are we going in?"

Erik Vale
2013-11-05, 06:27 PM
"Yes, I suppose so."

Helen will examine the various whirls etc to decide which to enter, or follow whoever chooses to lead.

Starbin
2013-11-05, 06:49 PM
Seeing the tracks of what appear to be a small figure, Tiny waved the group forward. "Might be the boy's tracks ... day old or so." He breathed a sigh of relief that he didn't see any animal bones. Gripping his axe, he stepped forward, scanning the cave carefully as he moved forward.

Sorry I misunderstood. I was going off of this definition:
"Taking 10: When your character is not in immediate danger or distracted, you may choose to take 10. Instead of rolling 1d20 for the skill check, calculate your result as if you had rolled a 10. For many routine tasks, taking 10 makes them automatically successful. Distractions or threats (such as combat) make it impossible for a character to take 10. In most cases, taking 10 is purely a safety measure—you know (or expect) that an average roll will succeed but fear that a poor roll might fail, so you elect to settle for the average roll (a 10). Taking 10 is especially useful in situations where a particularly high roll wouldn't help."

I guess I knew that taking 20 took longer, but I didn't see anywhere in the description that taking 10 takes 10x the time. Ah well, good rolls, regardless :smallsmile:

Baron Of Hell
2013-11-06, 11:00 PM

Leagwen follows the others into the cave. She moves with carefully but with purpose with a loaded crossbow in hand.

Zefir
2013-11-11, 04:34 AM
((Well, I got to say I didn't know that rule. Andy while reading it I really ask myself why anyone should ever roll again excpet in combat.))

The eidolon which I assume moved on get's closer to the path down.

The groupe enters and soon notice that the first holes on the sides are only filled with bedrolls. Also those without lowlight Vision or anything better can only see up to the first holes. The rest is pitch black.

As you are in the cave, the eidolon notes to his master that there are sounds down the cave.

Erik Vale
2013-11-11, 05:43 AM
Helen had long since learned to rely on her Eidelon's senses when hers were deficient, information buzzing between their link as she wispered harsh and quiet.
"Stop. Someone's ahead."
Taking to the roof again, Acka slitthers forwards flattining himself as he views the world in black and white.

Eidelon moving forward, has Darkvision 60t
Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

shugyosha
2013-11-12, 10:11 AM
Gillar

He moves to a cave side and crouches with his bow ready.

[roll0] perception
[roll1] stealth

Starbin
2013-11-12, 12:55 PM
Tiny continued to look around, searching what appeared to be sleeping holes. He also look further into the cave, wondering who/what else might be here.

Two things. First, the reason you might not take 10 is if your bonus isn't high enough to succeed at the DC (which you may or may not know). If you only have a +2 or +3, you probably need to roll to have a chance at success. However, yes, folks with high bonuses should probably take 10 when possible ... I look at it as a highly competent person probably doesn't fail at a simple task that often ... it takes a little bit of the 'bad luck' factor out of the game (like rolling below 10 five or six times in a row!).

Second, Tiny has darkvision 60 ft ... what else can he see in the cave?

Zefir
2013-11-17, 05:03 AM
((Sorry for the delay. A projekt came in so I was a bit drawn away.))
As I mentioned. The place where I learned it only got 3.5 and noone ever used the take 10 rule. Just remind me if I forget it again.

The eidolon heads forward. As he heads throughthe curve he notice something. Helen will get the feeling of fear and maybe a little panik.

As Gillar enters the cave, he might notice a strange construction at the entrance. It's not yet ready, but it seems like someone planned to let the entrance collapse. Also there is omething shiny close to one of the firepits.

Tiny who takes closer look sees that this whole cave looks like some kind of barraks. A few fireplaces near the antrance, holes in the wall to hold torches and the many bedrolls give that impresion.

Erik Vale
2013-11-17, 06:21 AM
Link actually allows telepathic communication [free action mental chat], and Eidelon's got a int of 7 I got a dumb human level of convesation.

Helen immidiately whispers in harsh tones "Be ready.", aiming her crossbow ahead towards where her eidelon moved off, asking it for more information and to pull back if it's in danger.

Smileybastard
2013-11-17, 12:29 PM
Thallard

Thallard shakes his head as if he has been in some kind of stupor.

"Ready"

Starbin
2013-11-17, 01:57 PM
Tiny whispered to the others, "Looks like a sleeping room for many.". At Helen's warning, however, he turns to where the eidolon headed, pulling free his large axe.

Zefir
2013-12-03, 03:19 AM
{table] Name| Ini
Tiny | 16
Laegwen | 22
Helen | 16
Eidolon | 19
Gillar | 21
[/table]
Thallard:[roll0]
[roll1]

Well, The Eidolon tells Helen that there are a few Goblins. four as far as it could see and count. But right then it got spoted and one of the goblins shoot with hhis bow against the eidolon
[roll2]
[roll3]

As mentioned the room the goblins are is likly to your left side behind the caves Wall. The only way to reach them is to go where the eidolon is. The cave is tall enougth so a human sized person can stand without any problem. the path is big enougth to three people can stand next to each otcher.

((Map tool won't work.. grr))

Erik Vale
2013-12-04, 12:39 AM
Acka yelps, then hisses flying back towards Helen as he mentally comunicates with her.
She readies her crossbow to shoot the first goblin she spots.

shugyosha
2013-12-04, 12:07 PM
Gillar

In a crouched position Gillar begins to move slowly forward with his bow poised to fire.

Baron Of Hell
2013-12-04, 03:16 PM

Be careful, I think goblins can see in the dark

Laegwen moves to within 80 ft of the nearest goblin. She raises her crossbow and lets out a bolt on the nearest goblin.

Actions:
Move action: Move to within 80ft of goblins
Standard Action: Attack nearest goblin with light crossbow
[roll0]
[roll1]

Smileybastard
2013-12-08, 11:44 AM
Thallard

Thallard positions himself to the front of the group to protect them if the goblins attack.

Starbin
2013-12-09, 11:09 AM
Tiny saw the woman stiffen and raise her crossbow. "What's wrong?" A hushed whisper back of "Goblins!" elicited a grunt from the huge man. While he didn't want to rush around the corner blindly, if they had found the boy (or worse, Lucky!), then he didn't have much of a choice!

Moving quickly, Tiny rushed towards the goblins, ready to put his axe to good use.

Move action, attack w/greataxe: [roll0], dam: [roll1]

Zefir
2013-12-15, 04:54 PM
Well, there is a 180° curve so charge isn't possible and if Laegwenreally wants to shoot a goblin he needs to go there.

The goblins seem to char as etchi voices can be heared through the tunnel.

shugyosha
2013-12-17, 11:01 AM
Gillar

He casts slight on his arrow.

Starbin
2013-12-19, 10:58 AM
Tiny advances to the corner, moving forward with axe in hand.

Guessing those are 5ft squares, so Tiny will spend a double move (40 ft) to close the distance ...