PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 Feat and Mysteries] Shadows of Incarnum (PEACH, WIP)

Xuldarinar
2013-05-19, 09:45 PM
Looking to tome of magic, and magic of incarnum, i've decided to combine the two. You are welcome to make what ever suggestions you'd like. I could use all the advice I can get.

FEATS

Incarnum Shadowcasting

You gain the ability to invest incarnum into your mysteries.
Prerequisites: Con 13, ability to use 1st-level mysteries
Benefit: When you acquire and use mysteries with the Incarnum descriptor.
You gain 1 point of essential.

Fundamental Mysteries

Incarnum Reflections: As the spell Detect Incarnum

APPRENTICE PATH MYSTERIES
-none, yet-

INITIATE PATH MYSTERIES

MELDING SHADOW
4 Warp Soulmeld: Steal the energy of another's Soulmeld
5 Echomeld: Mimic a soulmeld that was shaped the previous round
6 Shadow Surge: Release Incarnum to empower mysteries and spells.

MASTER PATH MYSTERIES
-none, yet-

[I]MYSTERY DESCRIPTIONS

ECHOMELD
Initiate, Melding Shadow
Level/School: 5th/Universal
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: Repeat a previously shaped soulmeld
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

[I]As your foe shape incarnum into a powerful tool, shadow laced with incarnum collect around you. With a grin, you direct them to take form, shaping a reflection of your enemy's soulmeld.

You can "echo" a soulmeld shaped by anyone other than yourself, causing it to manifest on you under your control. The meldshaper, along with their soulmeld, must take place within echomeld's range. If they spent any Essentia on the meld you are echoing, you may spend to up to the same amount. Normally you may only echo melds of the crown, feet, and hand chakras. If you spend 1 essentia, you may echo a meld of the arm, brow, or shoulder chakra. If you spend 2 essentia, you may echo a meld of the throat or waist chakra. If you spend 3 essentia, you may echo a meld of the heart or soul chakra.

INCARNUM REFLECTIONS
Fundamental
Level/School: 0/Divination
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level (D)

This mystery functions like the spell [I]detect incarnum except as noted above. You can detect incarnum up to 30 feet away.

SHADOW RELEASE
Initiate, Melding Shadow
Level/School: 6th/abjuration
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5ft./2 levels)
Duration: 10 minutes/level (D)
Saving Throw: None

A flood of Essentia infused shadow renders casting and soul melding more difficult. To shape soulmelds while in the area affected by [I]Shadow Release, the meldshaper must succeed on a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level), or it fails with no effect.
Mysteries or soulmelds of the darkness or necrocarnum descriptors can be used within or into the affected area without making the Spellcraft check. In addition, if a mystery originates in the area of shadow release, its variable numerical effect is increased by 50%. Soulmelds that originate in the area receive the same bonus for as long as they exist within the area, and lose the benefit as soon as they, and their user, leave the area of shadow release.
Using this mystery requires one to spend essentia. For every essentia spent, soulmelds shaped within the area may retain their increase in numerical effects for 1 additional round upon leaving the area. This bonus effects any soulmeld shaped by means of one of your mysteries.

WARP SOULMELD
Initiate, Melding Shadow
Level/School: 4th/Abjuration
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: A soulmeld shaped by someone else.
Duration: Instantanious
Saving Throw: Fort negates; see text

[I]Shadowy energies reach from, ripping at your foe's soulmeld and drawing it's energies back to you.

To succeed in warping a soulmeld, you must succeed in a check (1d20 + caster level vs fort save + meldshaper level). If you do not succeed, you have fail to take control of the soulmeld. Nothing else happens.
If you succeed, their soulmeld is canceled. You acquire essentia equal to the amount spent on the soulmeld plus one. This essentia remains for the next hour, in which time it may be used for any purpose. You may, as long as 1 temporary essentia remains, shape the meld you warped. You may combine activation of this mystery with echomeld, spending 1 essentia in place of using up a daily use of the mystery.
You may use this mystery as an immediate action when a foe shapes a soulmeld, effectively countering it.