PDA

View Full Version : Forging Methods

Ace Nex
2013-05-20, 02:53 AM
So I know there's masterwork, but in the most recent campaign I'll be in over the summer I'm the parties Blacksmith. I know of Serrated, Laminated, and special materials that can be used (mithril, adamantite, etc.) and want to know if there are any other forging methods or materials are are out there I can use. I'll be making the blades, our sorc will enchant them. If you can place a reference after it I would be thankful.

CRtwenty
2013-05-20, 02:56 AM
I believe the Arms and Equipment guide had some rules for other materials, like Baatorian Steel and Heartstring bows or something like that.

Gildedragon
2013-05-20, 03:07 AM
You could always get a magical forge (RoS) to do some fancy metalwork: save the sorcerer a feat or craft all day long.

There's templates but those are tricky to self-craft. There's stuff from Dragon 323: reinforced might be the best, upping the armor bonus by 1, and there's another that increases max dex (or lowers ACP) and one that reduces ASF. Those all modify crafting DCs though.

Coidzor
2013-05-20, 03:13 AM
There's dwarvencraft, which is one step up from Masterwork, except it mostly increases HP and maybe hardness.

The DMG II has weapon and armor templates like feycraft and githcraft, though most of those require being X race or being trained by/a slave of/a servant to X race.

Gildedragon
2013-05-20, 03:18 AM
and some of the better ones (for non casters) require being in a particular plane.

CRtwenty
2013-05-20, 03:21 AM
Oriental Adventures has rules for items made of Jade, Obsidian, and Crystal, but they're pretty useless unless you're playing in the Rokugan Setting or your DM is using the taint rules from OA or UA. (since all the bonuses are based around either fighting or enhancing tainted creatures)