PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Immabozo
2013-05-20, 01:02 PM
Quick question, does anyone know of a template that gives the giant type? What kind of creature do you have to be to qualify for it?

Illarion
2013-05-20, 03:33 PM
Beyond gaining the giant type, what are you trying to accomplish?

Zombulian
2013-05-20, 03:45 PM
I'm gonna assume it's either for Return to Nature or Primordial Giant. Well, you can be a race, slap a size increase on it, put effigy or dustform creature on it, then Incarnate Construct.
Anything Large or larger with IC is a giant.

kreenlover
2013-05-20, 03:48 PM
I believe that half ogre or half minotaur also grant the giant subtype. for prereqs? no idea. I think its the standard humanoid, monstrous humanoid, huge or smaller shtick

Edit: Upon further research, I have discovered that those two do not change the type or subtype. you keep your original types and sybtypes

dysprosium
2013-05-20, 03:50 PM
Half Troll template from Fiend Folio also changes your type to Giant.

Curmudgeon
2013-05-20, 03:58 PM
I believe that half ogre or half minotaur also grant the giant subtype.
Giant is a type, not a subtype. Neither of these templates changes type or subtype, but Half-Ogre does grant Giant Blood, which could help with Giant-specific prerequisites.

Incarnate Construct is an acquired template, so that transformation is too late to get you into Primordial, an inherited template.

Matticussama
2013-05-20, 04:06 PM
This might just be stating the obvious, but if you need to get the Giant type then Half-Giant is probably the easiest way. Is there a reason you don't want to go Half-Giant?

Immabozo
2013-05-20, 06:23 PM
well, I am working on making a new TO build and I really like the idea I have and I am working on a little template cheese, legal by RAW.

I am wanting the reduce a creature in size to make it qualify for Symbiote template. Return to Nature seems really the only way I have found... if I can turn it into a giant (once the right size, qualifying it for the template is easy).