PDA

View Full Version : Feat choices for a level 3 Marshal?

Samalpetey
2013-05-20, 05:32 PM
So, I'm making a marshal for a low-op group, and I'm trying to find some good feats. The marshal's meant to be a face/support guy and has 3 feats to play with. Any ideas?

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-05-20, 06:55 PM
A support character that focuses on buffing or debuffing?

For the buffing, which seems like it, I'd suggest you play a silverbrow human and take Draconic Aura, giving you an extra aura. If you can't, take Dragontouched or Dragonblood (not sure which one) and then do it. This will give you another aura that can level up with you. Play with a reach weapon and then take Combat Reflexes to maximize support battlefield control, and later take Improved Trip instead if you prefer.

Verditude
2013-05-20, 07:40 PM
Imperious Command (DotU) is a good one if you're pumping your Intimidate. Works well with the never outnumbered skill trick (CSc).

Averis Vol
2013-05-20, 07:59 PM
If you are human pair Imperious command with dreadful wrath for some tasty fear lockdown. You have to wait til six for the former, but dreadful wrath has to be at first.

Darrin
2013-05-20, 08:03 PM
Draconic Aura (Dragon Magic).

Zonugal
2013-05-21, 12:07 AM
Knowledge Devotion works well what with you having all Knowledge skills.

Thurbane
2013-05-21, 02:32 AM
If you want to add some utility, how about the Binding feats from ToM (Bind Vestige, Improved Bind Vestige and Practiced Binder)?

The Fey Heritage or Fiendish Heritage line of feats from Complete Mage are nice, but the 6th and 9th level ones are the real cream of the crop (tasty SLAs).

Waker
2013-05-21, 02:45 AM
Perhaps Negotiator or Persuasive so you can go into Evangelist later on? Not an amazing class, but handy for low-op face/buffing.
Goad could also be useful, since you would have the Charisma, armor class and HP to make it so you can taunt and survive to tell the tale.

Findaleus
2013-05-21, 08:21 AM
Depending on your Wisdom score, perhaps Force of Personality?