PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Any way to get Giant Form as an Oracle?

CigarPete
2013-05-21, 02:25 PM
Or any way of changing into a large,weapon wielding humanoid that will stack with Enlarge Person, from Battle Mystery? I want to be able to be huge and have 20' reach with my lucerne hammer!

CTrees
2013-05-21, 02:33 PM
What's your race? Is this an already built character, or is it still in the concept phase?

CigarPete
2013-05-21, 03:35 PM
What's your race? Is this an already built character, or is it still in the concept phase?

Already built, Human, in a RL campaign. The only way I could see to do it would be a custom magic item casting the spell as command word or use activated.

doko239
2013-05-21, 05:49 PM
Improved Eldritch Heritage: Arcane will let you add any one sorcerer spell of a level you can cast to your spell list at level 9, 15 and 19. Requires level 9, high Cha and a couple of prereq feats (Skill Focus: Knowledge (Any) and Eldritch Heritage).

As Giant Form is a 7th level spell, you'd need to be 14th level to cast it; aim for having IEH as your 15th level feat and you'll be set after that point.

grarrrg
2013-05-21, 05:51 PM
There are two ways (that I know of).
One loses you a Spell Casting level, and the other is fairly Feat-intensive. (there would be a third (Samsaran>Mystic Past Life), but you can't swap Arcane Spells to Divine lists that way (or vice versa))

Pathfinder Savant (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/pathfinder-savant), starting at 2nd level you can add ANY spell EVER to your class list, although it will be considered a higher level spell.
So Giant Form 1 would be an 8th level spell, as it is normally a Sorc/Wiz 7th (although if you can count Alchemist as "spellcasting" then you'd have it as a 7th level spell, as they get it as a 6th).

Take the Eldritch Heritage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/eldritch-heritage) feat choosing Arcane Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/arcane-bloodline), followed by Improved Eldritch Heritage to grab the 9th level Bloodline Power. This lets you add ANY Sorc/Wiz /spell to your class list.
Requires 3 feats total (need Skill Focus: any Knowledge as well), and a Cha of at least 15.

doko239
2013-05-21, 05:55 PM
Beat ya to it Grarrrg :smallbiggrin:

Good call on Savant though, I'd forgotten about that.

grarrrg
2013-05-21, 09:05 PM
Beat ya to it Grarrrg :smallbiggrin:

Good call on Savant though, I'd forgotten about that.

Eh, 2 minutes difference, but mine had twice the text and Hyperlinks! *shudders*
:smalltongue:

CigarPete
2013-05-22, 08:23 AM
Thanks both!

If I am reading the 9th level arcana correctly, at 11th i would be able to add one sorcerer spell to my list, with an additional spell at 15th and 19th? I'll check with my DM, but if that is the case, I'd probably take it at 11th for Overland Flight, then take Giant Form as my 15th.

Either way, Eldritch Heritage looks like a winner. Cha isn't an issue, being an Oracle. First arcana is nice, extra top level spell/day for a feat, and scales nicely. Skill focus is really the only tax and it's not a terrible one.

The Savant looks good, but being spontaneous, I don't want to be another level behind next level spells, and the d6, minimum skill points and skill prereqs are a bit much.

doko239
2013-05-22, 10:08 AM
Thanks both!

If I am reading the 9th level arcana correctly, at 11th i would be able to add one sorcerer spell to my list, with an additional spell at 15th and 19th? I'll check with my DM, but if that is the case, I'd probably take it at 11th for Overland Flight, then take Giant Form as my 15th.

Either way, Eldritch Heritage looks like a winner. Cha isn't an issue, being an Oracle. First arcana is nice, extra top level spell/day for a feat, and scales nicely. Skill focus is really the only tax and it's not a terrible one.

The Savant looks good, but being spontaneous, I don't want to be another level behind next level spells, and the d6, minimum skill points and skill prereqs are a bit much.

Pretty much, except your first spell would be at 9th level, not 11th. If you want the higher spell level, you can simply delay taking the feat until 11th level.

CigarPete
2013-05-22, 01:51 PM
Pretty much, except your first spell would be at 9th level, not 11th. If you want the higher spell level, you can simply delay taking the feat until 11th level.

Eldritch Heritage and Improved Eldritch count sorcerer level as character level -2 for the effects of the bloodline, so 9th in the bloodline would be 11th in the character :smallsmile: Improved also has a prerequisite of 11th level.