PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt RHoD Campaign Journal

Asteron
2013-05-21, 03:10 PM
This seems to be all the rage around here so I thought that I would give it a try. I'm not DMing, so this is told from a players perspective.

The party:
We started with just two of us at level 3 (we have weird LA buyoff rules):

Roofshadow: A CN Catfolk Mess(Urban Druid 1/Urban Ranger 2//SS 1/Marshal 1/ Rogue 1)

-She will be the party face, hence the Marshal dip. Our DM ruled that Ascetic Rogue would work for Rogue and SS... not an unrealistic, if powerful, ruling.

Trinitair: A CG Savage Species (very nerfed) Kelvezu// Wizard.

I took her to Incantatrix. The outsider HD on the other side is proving to be a nice boon. She runs around disguised as a woman from Zakhara.

Another party member joined in the second session. He's brand new, but took to this build like a fish to water:

Killgore: A CN Half-Minotaur Barbarian//Cleric of Kord.

He took Warhulk at level 6 on the Barbarian side. He pretty much buffs himself and then wrecks everything with his (huge) Minotaur Greathammer.

The DM recognized that we could very easily get overwhelmed through shear numbers, so he made a DMPC sniper that just follows us to help out occasionally. Saved our bacon the first fight and then hasn't really been needed since. We only know he is there when he starts shooting from forever away.

We ported the campaign (and Kord) into the Forgotten Realms setting. It gives us more options for when we are done.

Session 1
We started the campaign on the road with Trinitair and Roofshadow. Roofshadow had to leave Kholtar because a con that she was running had turned sour. Trinitair had taken up bounty hunting to support herself and her current bounty had fled the city towards the Channath Veil. She followed and Roofshadow had accompanied her to get away.

The ambush:
So we were walking along through on the road after we learned in Brindol and Drellin's Ferry that Trinitair's bounty had headed into the hills on the western side of the veil (surprise?) when the ambush hit. Roofshadow makes her spot check to see some of the archers in the trees and we approach tactically. Unfortunately, we are spotted by a hellhound and that was initiative. Roofshadow starts by charging and full attacking the closest hell hound with with Catfold Pounce, which she kills. Trinitair uses Magic Missle to drop one of the archers. The archers take their shots and only hit Roofshadow once. The remaining hellhound breathes fire on Trinitair but she makes her save and has evasion. Round two begins with Roofshadow charging an archer and droping it followed with Trinitair dropping another archer with a spell. Yay for being in control of the fight!

BOOM

The door to the cabin is just about kicked off its hinges as a crazy dual-kukri-weilding hobgoblin runs out and hits Trinitair once... twice... three times! Ouch. Very thankful for the d8 HD from outsider! Luckily the rolls were all 1s and I survive with 6 hp. Next comes the cleric to cast Hold Person on Trinitair, which doesn't work because she is an outsider. (lulz) It's at this point that our mysterious sniper decides to take action and drops two of the archers that had dropped their bows in favor of melee. The archers and the remaining Hell Hound go with no effect. Roofshadow charges to my rescue and hits the cleric twice but doesn't do enough damage to drop it. Trinitair casts Grease on the hobgoblin and he fails his save... safe for now but I beat a hasty retreat. The hobgoblin gets up and was able to follow me with two move actions and the cleric cast a spell on Roofshadow but she makes her save. Our sniper hits the last two archers and drops them. I run into the trees and cast web behind be to keep from being followed. Roofshadow drops the cleric with a full attack and we both cheer. The hobgoblin decides to charge Roofshadow but misses because of the Shield I cast on her right before the fight (which seemed like a good idea at the time.) The sniper does a fair amount of damage to the Hobgoblin and Roofshadow finishes him off. I go kill the last hell hound with my falchion (outsiders have martial proficiency...)
We met the sniper (his name is Jethro Gibbs; my DM is a NCIS fan :sigh:) He says that he will help us when he can. We loot the corpses and burn the cabin down to prevent it being used for more ambushes and then head back to Drellin's Ferry.

When we get there we seek out the leaders there and tell them about the ambush and the Red Hand symbol we found on the cleric. They are very concerned and told us to seek out an old ranger named Jorr in the forrest. We said we'd do so in the morning and inquire about selling our loot and buying little items. Just before we hit the sack, the Speaker mentions that we might try to convince the "hulking brute" staying in the stables to join us and we ended that session there.

I think that I did pretty good remembering the details for a fight that happened a month ago... I'll try to catch up and stay current in the future.

Edit: I cleaned it up a bit and spoilered most of the post so it isn't a huge wall of text. I got busy after I originally posted this and couldn't post any more of it. I'll try to get more up soon, not that I am drawing much interest.

Asteron
2013-05-21, 03:20 PM
Reserved for session 2

Asteron
2013-05-21, 03:22 PM
Reserved for session 3

Red Rubber Band
2013-07-19, 01:55 AM
How's this campaign going? It'd be nice to see a journal from the player side. To see what the player's see. May help with setting up my own RHoD.

Asteron
2013-07-19, 09:54 AM
How's this campaign going? It'd be nice to see a journal from the player side. To see what the player's see. May help with setting up my own RHoD.

I had lost this one for a while. I started a new thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289876).