PDA

View Full Version : Chameleons and cheese

cerin616
2013-05-21, 03:48 PM
I am looking for plentiful amounts of cheese for my chameleon. He has a floating feat and access to up to 6th level spells. What kind of cheese based ideas do you have for me?

its been ruled I can only have 1 shaped soulmeld and not one for each chakra

I can also only have up to 6th level spells. no cheesing my way past that.

What are some other cheesy things i can do with my chameleon? im primarily looking at ways to gain immunities to things that might kill me such as damage, ability damage, mind effects, etc. I can also use skill boosting cheesyness ideas. I dont want to break the game, I just want to skill stuff up and never die in horrible ways.

Snowbluff
2013-05-21, 03:53 PM
Assume Supernatural is pretty good. It will let you pick up a supernatural ability from one of your polymorph forms. It's pretty exploitable.

Bind Vestige could be handy as well.

Gnaeus
2013-05-21, 04:03 PM
You could take a level in a ToB class and use floating feat for martial study or stance. Note that some people do not feel that this is RAW legal because of the wording on the martial study feat, but I think most DMs would allow it.

Vaz
2013-05-21, 04:07 PM
There isn't much cheese along with Chameleon. Anything a Chameleon can do, a Wizard can do better; summon Midguard Dwarf for crafting, etc.

Sure, you get all Arcane 6th level spells, but that's it. 6th level spells can be powerful without access to better casters.

Tvtyrant
2013-05-21, 04:12 PM
Persist Chameleon. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=np1nhdv34bt4hvjrnhl8nc6g40&topic=7547.0) You can use DMM Persist on any divine spell (personal) from any spell list. A fun one is to persist Bite of the Werebear and Aspect of the Earth Hunter to become a 43 str Bulette with Power Attack and Multiattack.

Craftlock gets to create any magic item, ever. Floating feat for crafting, warlock to mimic spells for magic item abilities.

cerin616
2013-05-21, 04:15 PM
There isn't much cheese along with Chameleon. Anything a Chameleon can do, a Wizard can do better; summon Midguard Dwarf for crafting, etc.

Sure, you get all Arcane 6th level spells, but that's it. 6th level spells can be powerful without access to better casters.

well, if my dm allowed me to cheese to higher level spells I would laugh at that wizard and ask him why he only has one spell list.

Vaz
2013-05-21, 04:27 PM
He doesn't. He smashes his DC sky high and then Gates in anything he wishes, or Shapechanges into a form with innate casting of the particular race.

Or plays a Wu Jen 1/Archivist 1/Geomancer 10/incantatrix 3/sacred exorcist 1/prestige paladin 1/archmage 1

He can cast EVERY single spell, bar ~20 in the entire game, even recreate psionic powers.

cerin616
2013-05-21, 05:04 PM
And im trying to see what stops me from doing the same thing gainst a straight wizard.

going against the build, a bit more questionable i would need to do some research.

Also, we should recall that, Im not aiming for gamebreaking strength as much as ways of finagling around things because of my excessive spells and floating feat that other classes cant get.

Also, look at the handbook that was linked above and tell me how a wizard will manage to gain 50 persisted extended spells active on him at one time.

Tvtyrant
2013-05-21, 05:20 PM
There isn't much cheese along with Chameleon. Anything a Chameleon can do, a Wizard can do better

The two sentences are not linked. Anything anyone can do, an optimized STP Erudite or Psionic Artificer can do better. That doesn't automatically deoptimize other classes, or make cheesy interpretations and combinations less cheesy.

Vaz
2013-05-21, 08:36 PM
And im trying to see what stops me from doing the same thing gainst a straight wizard.

going against the build, a bit more questionable i would need to do some research.

Also, we should recall that, Im not aiming for gamebreaking strength as much as ways of finagling around things because of my excessive spells and floating feat that other classes cant get.

Also, look at the handbook that was linked above and tell me how a wizard will manage to gain 50 persisted extended spells active on him at one time.

Tell me how mine doesn't end up with Arbitrary (exponentially multiplying by the power of 3) amounts of Team Solars, with EVERY Spell in existence Persisted and Extended, even if they can't normally be Persisted/Extended/Maximised/Empowered/Heightened/etc? Any then have them shrink themselves into Fine, and have them hitch a ride, using co-operative metamagic to affect each one of my spells I cast with all sorts of metamagic; after all, they can use their Miracle SLA to use Psychic Reformation to gain every single Metamagic Feat in existence.

To craft, gate in a load of high Intelligence monsters through Miracle'd Scrolls (Great Wyrm Gold Dragons, or better), Scroll of Mindrape them, then PsyRef their feats to craft and set them off going.

A Chameleon gives you additional flexibility; perhaps you need a particular set of armour crafting for your guys; take armour craft, and prepare the necessary spell(s). Sure you can persist-o-mance all you want, but there is nothing that a Chameleon build cannot do that a 2/day Miracle Persistomancer Body-Outside-Body Abuser cannot do, and if it can, I'd love to see it.

Anything *else* a Chameleon can do, is hardly Cheese, and trying to break it is like trying to make Pun Pun without access to a Sarrukh.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=np1nhdv34bt4hvjrnhl8nc6g40&topic=7486.0

This is quite good for the floating feat, however.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-21, 08:57 PM
Ok, bit of a build mess, but here we go...

Cloistered cleric 1 / Sorcerer 1 / spellthief 1 / Geomancer 2 / Chameleon 10 / geomancer 5

Ok now why did we just do this.

Be human, take heighten spell, versatile spellcaster, and able learner by 3rd level.

Now you can spontaneously cast 2nd level arcane and divine spells at level 2 by spending 2 1st level spell slots. Spellthief is for skills and 1d6 sneak attack damage.

Geomancer allows you to mix and match the divine/arcane nature of spells, allowing DMM persistomancy with any spell 1-6.

cerin616
2013-05-22, 10:21 AM
Anything *else* a Chameleon can do, is hardly Cheese, and trying to break it is like trying to make Pun Pun without access to a Sarrukh.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=np1nhdv34bt4hvjrnhl8nc6g40&topic=7486.0

This is quite good for the floating feat, however.

I know its a real challenge to stay on topic, but one of the first things i say is "I don't want game breaking power"

I simply want to cheese some things into my build that shouldn't work.

I just don't get why you need to post in my thread "This is better" when i instead said "what can i do with a chameleon"

And as i said, I can't keep up with your optimized build. I just said i can keep up with a straight level 20 wizard if i cheesed my way to higher level spells.

there is nothing that a Chameleon build cannot do that a 2/day Miracle Persistomancer Body-Outside-Body Abuser cannot do.

Except keep the game fun for a group of unoptimized builds and inexperienced players.

supervillan
2013-05-22, 02:56 PM
You can try mixing up some Warlock with your Chameleon. That floating feat can then be used on Extra Invocation. If effect, you can have every warlock invocation available at whatever your effective warlock level is. Just not all at the same time. Still, gives you a lot of flexibility with at will SLAs.

SaintRidley
2013-05-22, 03:14 PM
You can try mixing up some Warlock with your Chameleon. That floating feat can then be used on Extra Invocation. If effect, you can have every warlock invocation available at whatever your effective warlock level is. Just not all at the same time. Still, gives you a lot of flexibility with at will SLAs.

Alternately, using the floating feat on Craft [x] feats with Imbue Item.

Much less stinky gouda in Warlock/Chameleons, plus plenty of fun.

Pandiano
2013-05-22, 04:58 PM
I am playing a Factotum/Chameleon in our campaign right now. Nothing super optimized, but I am having fun with my [Obtain Familiar/Improved Familiar] Winter Wolf familiar. Share Spell is nice while riding him with things like Enlarge Person, Heroics (Power Attack) and True Strike.
Again, nothing impressive, but the synergy is satisfying, when mixing and matching buffs from all classes.