PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon wording question

Andraste
2013-05-21, 05:19 PM
Chameleon's ability Aptitude Focus states that:

An aptitude focus ability is usable once per day at 1st level, twice per day at 5th level, and three times per day at 10th level.

but the areas you can focus on don't have specific usable abilities, they are just arcane spells, divine spells, an attack bonus, some rogue class features, or some druid class features.

So, what does it mean, "using an aptitude focus ability"?

Yael
2013-05-21, 05:42 PM
You can refocus.
Say that at the middle of the day you want to change your Combat Focus for a more utility mode like Stealth or Wild. OR you think you want that you should go and prepare your Arcane Focus and later on change it to Divine Focus.

Andraste
2013-05-21, 05:56 PM
You can refocus.
Say that at the middle of the day you want to change your Combat Focus for a more utility mode like Stealth or Wild. OR you think you want that you should go and prepare your Arcane Focus and later on change it to Divine Focus.

Right after where I quoted, it says:

At 5th level, you can change your aptitude focus one time per day, and at 10th level you can change your aptitude focus two times per day

So that does seem to fit. I don't see why they essentially said the same thing twice, worded differently (and again on the table, worded the same way as the first).

Piggy Knowles
2013-05-21, 06:03 PM
So that does seem to fit. I don't see why they essentially said the same thing twice, worded differently (and again on the table, worded the same way as the first).

Because eventually you can dual aptitude focus, but it still counts against your total number. So if I were to go dual Arcane/Divine, I've already used up to of my aptitude focii abilities, hence needing to count them separately.