PDA

View Full Version : Nahast Land of Strife

CowardlyPaladin
2013-05-22, 10:31 AM
This is split off from the "Underrated D&D webcomics) page, I thought that people should totally check this webcomic out. It seems to have slowed to a crawl in terms of updates, which is really a shame, but it is one of the best webcomics i've ever read. I think the characters are subtle, everybody has understandable emotions, and I really am invested in what happens next. The only major criticism I have is that the art isn't that great and they tend to gloss over details (I really wish we had seen more of the Hawk Maidens first day). The story has a tendency to stop being in webcomic form to have small short stories about the characters, which normally would bother me but in this case I think it works. Here is the comic
http://nahast.spiderforest.com/archive.php?comic_id=0
don't worry, the art improves a great deal.

These are a bunch of short stories that flesh out the characters, and sadly in some cases are essential to really understand what is going on, so I don't know why they aren't included on the main page.
http://nahast.coyotzin.net/chronicles/?page_id=2
Just to let you know, you should read "Tales of the Hawk Maidens" Directly after the fight with the Demonspawn, and before the first day of training. You should read Deeta's Lament right after the elf incident

and here is the RPG, for background information
http://nahast.coyotzin.net/

Enjoy

Eric Tolle
2013-06-05, 01:03 AM
Nahast is pretty awesome. I really like how the confluence of Mesoamerican and Asian themes shouldn't work together, but totally do.

smuchmuch
2013-06-13, 07:35 AM
(I hope i'm not thread necromancing here ?)

Nahast is cool, it's got a potentialy intereting story and decently develloped characters, but isn't it kind of.. well, dead ?
At least I was under the impression it hand't updated in a while

CowardlyPaladin
2013-06-13, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I don't know if it is dead or not. I really hope it isn't, maybe this thread might inspire the artist to keep working on it, because it stopped just when the plot was getting interesting. I love the way they mix Mexican culture in with Japanese/Chinese, I don't know why it works but it does. Also I love all of the Hawk Maidens

Tarqiup Inua
2013-06-26, 07:50 AM
I started reading it after following the link from this forum and I must say I like it so far :-)

Metahuman1
2013-07-15, 10:52 PM
Marathoned it. Loved it. I. Want. More!

Edit: I wonder if a kickstarter to get him some money would be a way to get him moving on updating the comic once more?

I just can't stand to see this one die. More so since it looks like Blade Bunny is also going down.

Coyotzin
2014-04-15, 04:37 AM
Hi!

I accidentally found this thread while googling for reviews and mentions of Nahast, and thought that some necromancy might be acceptable to announce that...

Nahast lives again :)

I uploaded the first update in a little over two years, and I plan to stick around with it better this time.

For those also interested, given what forum this is, I am also almost done with the new and revised rules for the Martial Artist class for the Pathfinder system; I just need to do some cross-checking on feats old and new to include them in the bonus feat lists for each martial arts school I came up with for the document :)

Thanks for keeping your interest alive for this long, and also thank you for wanting the story to resume; it DID help me get my butt off the ground and rekindle my interest in continuing the story.

Fion MacCumhail
2014-04-15, 11:54 AM
forsooth, this is good news.

CowardlyPaladin
2014-04-15, 01:10 PM
OMG this is such good news, Nahast was one of the very few webcomics that I really wanted to know what was going to happen and how the story would continue and more about the world. This is such great news.

Metahuman1
2014-04-15, 04:10 PM
YES!!!!! BOO YAH!!!!!!!!

I love this, so much I love this!

smuchmuch
2014-04-16, 05:01 AM
Uh, that's pretty unexpected. Nice to see it back.

Metahuman1
2014-04-23, 03:29 PM
Next Update went up today!

Edit: Curse the no double posting rule! Ok, new update, and apparently WoG is that next page is gonna have a big plot reveal.