PDA

View Full Version : Did Elan use up his mass cure light wounds?

prism6691
2013-05-22, 12:39 PM
Hey quick question. Is the fact that Elan used mass cure light wounds in the illusion mean he is down a spell? I'm leaning toward no but then I'm thinking about how the illusion must have worked and that he could only cast spells in the illusion that he actually had left (as in he couldn't cast anything he didn't use already because that was his mindset?) So maybe he expended the spell slot even if it was in an illusion?

SaintRidley
2013-05-22, 12:44 PM
No, he hasn't cast it. He hasn't taken any actions since the illusion took effect.

Concept
2013-05-22, 01:41 PM
He also rested to recover spells in the illusion. Several hundred times ;)

Sylthia
2013-05-23, 01:04 AM
I'm thinking probably not, it's possible that he cast spells, but it's likely only been seconds that they have been under the spell and they seem to be just standing there, rather than "acting out" what they imagine themselves to be doing.

Holy_Knight
2013-05-23, 01:51 AM
I'm thinking probably not, it's possible that he cast spells, but it's likely only been seconds that they have been under the spell and they seem to be just standing there, rather than "acting out" what they imagine themselves to be doing.
I'm guessing it's more than just seconds. It wouldn't be surprising if time passed more quickly in the dream-state than in real life, but I doubt it's THAT much quicker.

rodneyAnonymous
2013-05-23, 02:57 AM
It wouldn't be surprising if time passed more quickly in the dream-state than in real life, but I doubt it's THAT much quicker.

Time must pass more quickly in the dream. Much more quickly. If real time passed was an appreciable fraction of the days (at least, if not weeks or months) we see in the dream-world, the Linear Guild would have found the Order a long time ago. Or they'd be dead of thirst and hunger, if the LG didn't find them helpless for some reason.

SaintRidley
2013-05-23, 02:59 AM
Time must pass more quickly in the dream. Much more quickly. If real time passed was an appreciable fraction of the days (at least, if not weeks or months) we see in the dream-world, the Linear Guild would have found the Order a long time ago. Or they'd be dead of thirst and hunger, if the LG didn't find them helpless for some reason.

Yeah. We're probably looking at an illusion time to real time ratio similar to that of the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Inner Light" in which Picard lives a lifetime (or, at least, roughly 30+ years of one) in 25 minutes.

ti'esar
2013-05-23, 04:10 AM
I'm still surprised by the number of people who think that the fight with "Xykon" wasn't entirely in the Order's collective head. The final panel of 886 seemed pretty clear in showing that they hadn't moved.

Holy_Knight
2013-05-23, 02:41 PM
It depends. If the illusion shows every moment of their "lives", then yes. But if it skips around as dreams in real life sometimes do, then it would at least be possible for them to have simply experienced things before thirst or enemies became a problem. That being said, I do think that the time moves faster in the dream, as that as by far the most likely.