PDA

View Full Version : Match-ups and crossovers nobody thinks of

Pages : [1] 2

Avilan the Grey
2013-05-22, 01:20 PM
First one: The Phantom vs Batman.

Not sure if the Bat is coming to Bengali, or if Mr Walker travels to Gotham...

Metahuman1
2013-05-22, 07:33 PM
The Shadow meets Daredevil.

There would have to be time travel involved I'm sure though.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-22, 08:48 PM
Doctor Doom versus Darth Vader.

I don't care how, I want it done.

Kindablue
2013-05-22, 08:56 PM
The Harlem Globetrotters should really show up in Mad Men at some point.

Grinner
2013-05-22, 08:58 PM
Princess Celestia vs The Punisher

No, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Kindablue
2013-05-22, 09:04 PM
Ponyville really isn't that different from Riverdale, and the Punisher's been there. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ac/ArchiePunisher.jpg/250px-ArchiePunisher.jpg)

Metahuman1
2013-05-22, 09:43 PM
Conclusion: Castle takes one look around and puts the guns up. He's got zero urge to shoot anything here cause it goes against MO.

Dr. Doom vs. Cuthulu. Actual Cuthulu, not that Shuma-Groth thing marvel has.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-22, 09:56 PM
Conclusion: Castle takes one look around and puts the guns up. He's got zero urge to shoot anything here cause it goes against MO.

Dr. Doom vs. Cuthulu. Actual Cuthulu, not that Shuma-Groth thing marvel has.

Oh, that's good.

Dr. Doom versus the whole Lovecraft mythos!

Metahuman1
2013-05-22, 10:01 PM
Oh, that's good.

Dr. Doom versus the whole Lovecraft mythos!

Oh, that's delicious.

Twilight Saga meets Blade, and as a special twist it's set in the Buffyversue. :smallamused:

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-22, 10:05 PM
Instead, he follows around Twilight Sparkle for creative inspiration on a book about the magic of friendship. Twilight Sparkle is not amused, but is forced to abide by it because Princess Celestia thinks its a good idea. Also, he has an affair with Pinkie Pie and is total bros with Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

Metahuman1
2013-05-22, 10:12 PM
Instead, he follows around Twilight Sparkle for creative inspiration on a book about the magic of friendship. Twilight Sparkle is not amused, but is forced to abide by it because Princess Celestia thinks its a good idea. Also, he has an affair with Pinkie Pie and is total bros with Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

I could live with that. Twilight getting slightly annoyed at how he keeps pointing out how she could rework virtually everything in the library to explode in case she ever needs it too and having him go hang out with Rainbow-dash at the first opportunity would be Priceless.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the G.I. Joe comic continuity.

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-22, 10:36 PM
I could live with that. Twilight getting slightly annoyed at how he keeps pointing out how she could rework virtually everything in the library to explode in case she ever needs it too and having him go hang out with Rainbow-dash at the first opportunity would be Priceless.
Wrong Castle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_%28TV_series%29).

Anderlith
2013-05-23, 12:18 AM
@Don Julio
They are talking about Frank Castle, aka the Punisher

Anderlith
2013-05-23, 12:25 AM
Futurama & Warhammer 40K (Specifically Rogue Trader)
Fry is a Rogue Trader that was lost in the Warp for a thousand years
Leela is a Navigator mutant
Farsworth is a Techpriest
Zoidberg is somekind of Xenos
& Scruffy the Janitor is a servitor

.... I would have to find a way to make Zoidberg & Bender less heretical but other than that the lore fits way to well...

I want need to see this be a thing

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-23, 12:28 AM
Batman VS Black Panther.

One is a stealthy crimefighter with a vast network of resources with the most advanced science and tech available, all while taking advantage of superstition to strike fear in the hearts of criminals.

The other is Batman.

Metahuman1
2013-05-23, 12:28 AM
@Don Julio

That's correct.

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-23, 01:02 AM
@Don Julio
I know. I just wanted to make a joke about the other Castle, aka "I say the murder happened this way on the grounds that it makes a better story." Aka Mr. who can weasel his way into a group and annoy everyone present.

The Glyphstone
2013-05-23, 01:06 AM
The T-800 Terminator vs. Rincewind the Wizzzzzard. One cannot be stopped, the other never stops.

No Luggage.

Also, Thread Bonus round. Does your suggesting pairing work better or worse if you add the phrase 'They Fight Crime (http://theyfightcrime.org)'?:smallwink:

Avilan the Grey
2013-05-23, 01:12 AM
Shepard vs the Jedi.

The Glyphstone
2013-05-23, 01:28 AM
The Jedi...like...all of them?

Yanagi
2013-05-23, 01:42 AM
Hieronymous Bosch teams up with Jack Kirby to illustrate The Divine Comedy.

And they fight crime or something.

Blue Ghost
2013-05-23, 02:05 AM
I still want to see a crossover between MLP:FiM and VeggieTales.

Macros
2013-05-23, 02:10 AM
Mass Effect 2 with EDI replaced by GLAdOS.

I don't think we'd ever get to ME3.

Eldan
2013-05-23, 02:53 AM
Futurama & Warhammer 40K (Specifically Rogue Trader)
Fry is a Rogue Trader that was lost in the Warp for a thousand years
Leela is a Navigator mutant
Farsworth is a Techpriest
Zoidberg is somekind of Xenos
& Scruffy the Janitor is a servitor

.... I would have to find a way to make Zoidberg & Bender less heretical but other than that the lore fits way to well...

I want need to see this be a thing

I think it would be way more fun with extra heresy.

Zoidberg is a demon prince of Nurgle. Bender is a Man of Iron.

theangelJean
2013-05-23, 03:42 AM
No Luggage.

I lol'd. (And oddly enough, I've never felt the urge to type that before.) The Luggage always wins, so yeah, it would be kind of unfair. (Where are the Luggage versus threads? :P)

Although Rincewind and the Terminator would be kind of ... uni-directional. Rincewind runs awaaaaay. The Terminator follows. I guess you could speculate about what happens when they reach the end of the known universe (which has happened before, I suppose).

Avilan the Grey
2013-05-23, 05:40 AM
The Jedi...like...all of them?

Maybe not all of them... but I can see Shepard going to town on the droids in the execution arena and destroying them all before the Jedi get going...

Kitten Champion
2013-05-23, 06:48 AM
I'd like to see Jedi versus Mistborn, in 17th century Japan.

Axolotl
2013-05-23, 07:19 AM
This isn't as out there as the others but I'd really like to see the BBC do a team-up of Sherlock and Luther. Instead of fighting crime they can fight super-crime.

Anderlith
2013-05-23, 07:51 AM
I'd like to see Jedi versus Mistborn, in 17th century Japan.

Mistborn wins in an esay match. They tug the jedi's lightsaber towards tehm with iron pulling & then they go to town lol

Sith_Happens
2013-05-23, 07:54 AM
The SOS Brigade ends up on a wacky space adventure with the crew of the Heart of Gold. Highlights would include:
1. Everyone coming up with a series of increasingly outlandish cover stories to explain to Haruhi what's going on.
2. Zaphod getting drunk and hitting on Mikuru.
3. Kyon subsequently putting an incredible amount of thought into which of Zaphod's faces he'd rather punch in.
4. Kyon and Arthur Dent being in the same room.:smallbiggrin:
5. Haruhi being anywhere near the Infinite Improbability Drive.:smalleek:

Loki_42
2013-05-23, 08:00 AM
Narnia and A Song of Ice and Fire: It's always winter and never Christmas.

Brother Oni
2013-05-23, 08:23 AM
Mistborn wins in an esay match. They tug the jedi's lightsaber towards tehm with iron pulling & then they go to town lol

Not familiar with the Mistborn, but the wiki says they ingest/carry metals to allow them to telekinetically manipulate objects of that metal? First off, good luck trying to guess what material a lightsabre's made out of - at the Star Wars tech level, it could be an entirely unknown material to the Mistborn, or even entirely ceramic, with only the bare minimum of metallic components.

Secondly, do the Mistborn have any abilities that can counter a Jedi's precognition? Even if you pulled their lightsabre, unarmed does not mean helpless especially when it comes to Guardians.

-----

My suggestion: Hannibal Lecter, Monica Gellar (Friends), Swedish Chef, Spongebob Squarepants and Remy (Ratatouille) in Masterchef, with Ryo Kuroyanagi (Yakitate! Japan) judging.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-23, 08:31 AM
Next Cast on General Hospital:

Dr. Spock
Dr. McCoy
Dr. Doom
Dr. Strange
Dr. Octopus
Dr. Horrible
Dr. McNinja
Dr Pepper
Dr. No
Dr. Ned
Dr. Zed
Dr. DoLittle
and Hello Nurse

thompur
2013-05-23, 08:39 AM
Oh, that's delicious.

Twilight Saga meets Blade, and as a special twist it's set in the Buffyversue. :smallamused:

Well, there's no Blade but...:This: (http://youtu.be/RZwM3GvaTRM)

thompur
2013-05-23, 08:43 AM
I'd love to see a Castle-Bones-NCIS crossover.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-05-23, 08:45 AM
I still want to see a crossover between MLP:FiM and VeggieTales.
So....OM NOM NOM NOM.

Actually, on that note. Let's crossover MLP and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. :smallbiggrin: Wait, nvm. It exists (http://images.postling.com/1/142/g_fullxfull.56665.jpg).

Brother Oni
2013-05-23, 09:00 AM
I'd love to see a Castle-Bones-NCIS crossover.

Most of it would probably be fighting over who has jurisdiction over the crime. :smalltongue:

OctoberRaven
2013-05-23, 09:15 AM
One of my favorite theoreticals: Batman vs Punisher, thrown onto an island to fight each other Battle Royale style, until either death or submission. Neither starts with any gear (including but not limited to the computer systems in Batman's cowl) or weaponry, they have to find their own weapons hidden in the island.

I contend that Punisher wins. Why? Two reasons.

One: Punisher has the better overall skillset. Both men are masters of guerrilla warfare, but Punisher is also an expert in counter-guerrilla warfare. He's seen all kinds of traps and ambushes in Vietnam and will be ready for practically anything Batman may devise. Punisher is also the better tracker. Batman is a master detective but without his technological boons, he won't be able to track as well as Punisher can. "But Batman has martial arts training". So does Punisher. He's an ex-Marine, and that means he has been trained in close quarters combat. He's also not afraid to fight dirty to gain an advantage. Batman wouldn't think of fishhooking or biting. Punisher wouldn't think twice about it.

Two, and possibly the more contentious point: Because ultimately Punisher has more willpower than Batman. Both men have endured punishment that only a Peak Human or grater could ever survive. But injuries only slow Frank down, where Batman will be out of commission completely. Neither man will admit defeat, but Batman won't deliver a killing blow: Punisher won't want to kill Batman, but is pragmatic enough to realize that he'll have to. Batman will leave Frank alive, to try to find some how, some way to get off the island safely with him. Punisher? He'll deliver a lethal blow, and maybe a few more just to be sure.

Fjolnir
2013-05-23, 09:22 AM
Most of it would probably be fighting over who has jurisdiction over the crime. :smalltongue:

It would be a special 5 part miniseries, with one episode in each series, then one combined show about jurisdictional mumbojumbo and one where actual crimefighting happens...

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-05-23, 09:45 AM
Okay, here's one nobody's ever thought of. Hunger Games and Grease.

blauregen
2013-05-23, 09:51 AM
Agatha Heterodyne from Girl Genius teams up with Harry Dresden from the Dresden Files in modern day Chicago and Nevernever.

Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE. (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20081205)

Eldan
2013-05-23, 09:57 AM
Not familiar with the Mistborn, but the wiki says they ingest/carry metals to allow them to telekinetically manipulate objects of that metal? First off, good luck trying to guess what material a lightsabre's made out of - at the Star Wars tech level, it could be an entirely unknown material to the Mistborn, or even entirely ceramic, with only the bare minimum of metallic components.

Secondly, do the Mistborn have any abilities that can counter a Jedi's precognition? Even if you pulled their lightsabre, unarmed does not mean helpless especially when it comes to Guardian.

Not quite, no. They eat one of several special alchemical abilities to gain an ability tied to that metal. Metal-telekinesis is one of them, but it's not limited to a specific metal. They can pull or push any metal. If trained, they also do astounding acrobatics by pushing themselves away from metal.

Speeding up and slowing time are also in there, as are toughness, strength, improved senses and several others.

Man on Fire
2013-05-23, 12:09 PM

Dr. Spock
Dr. McCoy
Dr. Doom
Dr. Strange
Dr. Octopus
Dr. Horrible
Dr. McNinja
Dr Pepper
Dr. No
Dr. Ned
Dr. Zed
Dr. DoLittle
and Hello Nurse

Most of those aren't even medical doctors!

The Glyphstone
2013-05-23, 12:12 PM

Dr. Spock
Dr. McCoy
Dr. Doom
Dr. Strange
Dr. Octopus
Dr. Horrible
Dr. McNinja
Dr Pepper
Dr. No
Dr. Ned
Dr. Zed
Dr. DoLittle
and Hello Nurse

You forgot their chief of staff.....Dr. Tran!

Magatsu Izanagi
2013-05-23, 12:36 PM
Bad Boys, Burn Notice, CSI: Miami, Dexter, and Miami Vice (both original show and movie): Jeffrey Donovan helps Will Smith and Martin Lawrence fight crime, Bruce Campbell gives David Caruso and Michael C. Hall several faces full of boomstick, and Don Johnson and Colin Farrell engage in a fight to the death to decide who gets to be the real Sonny Crockett.

CSI, Reno 911!, and Soul Eater: Maka, Kid, and Black Star team up with Gil Grissom and the Reno Sheriff's Department to stop a villain that threatens to destroy all of Nevada.

Axolotl
2013-05-23, 01:20 PM
Three words: Krypton-Gallifrey War. I'll leave it at that since I'm sure all your imaginations can come up with something much cooler to expand on it than I ever could.

Interestingly my spellcheck recognises Krypton but not Gallifrey.

ShadowFireLance
2013-05-23, 01:27 PM
Bleach and Lovecraft Mythos, Or Dragonball and lovecraft Mythos.

Eldan
2013-05-23, 02:02 PM
I was once really tempted to write Crossover fanfiction between Planescape: Torment and the Dresden Files. Simply starting from the fact that both have talking skull sidekicks.

Spoilers for both Dresden and Torment:
It starts when, instead of Ghost Story, Undead Harry Dresden wakes up in the Mortuary of Sigil, which is a mortal city in the Nevernever. He finds out that he is now immortal, as all the new powers he has gained won't let him die. So he acquires a new party consisting of Bob/Morte (they get mixed into one character), a personification of Lash (mixed with Fall-from-Grace), a Githyanki Knight of the Cross who lost his faith (Dak'kon) and many other crazy creatures, as they travel across the planes trying to free Harry from his curse and rebuild his magic. Of course, in the end, he'd fight Subconscious Harry, who has taken the power of the Winter Knight and Demonreach and is pulling The Transcendent One's lifeforce-swapping Shenanigangs.

Magatsu Izanagi
2013-05-23, 02:08 PM
A test of character involving the following individuals:

Josiah Bartlet (The West Wing)
David Palmer, Charles Logan, and Allison Taylor (24)
Henry Hayes (Stargate SG-1)
James Marshall (Air Force One)
Merkin Muffley (Dr. Strangelove)
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho (Idiocracy)
Thomas Whitmore (Independence Day)
Benjamin Asher (Olympus Has Fallen)
James Sawyer (White House Down)
Michael Dugan (Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2)
Howard T. Ackerman (Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3)
John Henry Eden (Fallout 3)
George Sears (Metal Gear Solid 2)
Michael Wilson (Metal Wolf Chaos)
Richard Nixon's Head (Futurama)

The common thread: All Presidents of the United States. Some of the many threats they have to deal with: Russian ultranationalists (spearheading an actual Russian invasion of the United States, no less), Imperial Japanese, North Koreans, African mercenaries, domestic terrorists, traitorous Vice Presidents, and aliens. Also, several of them are secretly working for the enemy. Who survives, and who gets to kick the most ass along the way?

GeekGirl
2013-05-23, 03:01 PM

Dr. Spock
Dr. McCoy
Dr. Doom
Dr. Strange
Dr. Octopus
Dr. Horrible
Dr. McNinja
Dr Pepper
Dr. No
Dr. Ned
Dr. Zed
Dr. DoLittle
and Hello Nurse

Dr. Mario?

Traab
2013-05-23, 04:07 PM
Dr. Mario?

Dr. Zaius?

Anderlith
2013-05-23, 04:41 PM

Dr. Spock
Dr. McCoy
Dr. Doom
Dr. Strange
Dr. Octopus
Dr. Horrible
Dr. McNinja
Dr Pepper
Dr. No
Dr. Ned
Dr. Zed
Dr. DoLittle
and Hello Nurse

Why not Doctor Zoidberg? (\/)(;,,;)(\/)

Anderlith
2013-05-23, 04:48 PM

Secondly, do the Mistborn have any abilities that can counter a Jedi's precognition? Even if you pulled their lightsabre, unarmed does not mean helpless especially when it comes to Guardians.

They ingest metal to gain superpowers.
They can pull or push any metal. That means that if a lightsaber has metal used in it's construction (which it most certainly does) then they can push/pull it. They can use this ability to fly (& if we are to believe Obi-Wan, if you have the upper ground you win lol)

Just a few of a Mistborn's powers
They can see into the future
They can see into the past
They can slow down time
They can speed up time
They can gain tons of superhuman speed, reflexes, senses, strength, & in all other ways physically superhuman in almost every way

The fight goes like this.

Mistborn pulls the lightsaber out of the Jedi's hand, turns it on, flies across the intervening distance & beheads the Jedi.

Barring plot armor it just can't happen any other way

Man on Fire
2013-05-23, 04:55 PM
Batman: The Brave and the Bold meets JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
because I don't think any ther show would urvive contact with JJBA anime and not explode.

Brother Oni
2013-05-23, 05:17 PM
Mistborn pulls the lightsaber out of the Jedi's hand, turns it on, flies across the intervening distance & beheads the Jedi.

Don't see the point in arguing this as you're obviously not interested in debating it and just want your favourite series to win.

The_Snark
2013-05-23, 05:41 PM

Barring plot armor it just can't happen any other way

I'm not sure why you're discounting the Jedi's telekinesis, inhuman reflexes, precognition, and so on. It seems like a reasonably even match to me.

Interestingly my spellcheck recognises Krypton but not Gallifrey.
Probably because krypton is a real element (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krypton). Maybe someday we'll get gallifresium as one of those unstable, high atomic number elements found only under laboratory conditions, but not yet.

Eldan
2013-05-23, 06:02 PM
See, for that, I'd prefer Doctorium. Gallifrey is stable. The Doctor isn't.

Anderlith
2013-05-23, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure why you're discounting the Jedi's telekinesis, inhuman reflexes, precognition, and so on. It seems like a reasonably even match to me.

Here's the difference

A mistborn is inhumanly strong, a jedi isn't
A jedi's telekiness is more like "mage hand", slow & they have to concentrate to do it a mistborn's push/pull of an object is more like dealing with bullets, in fact that is the most common weapon used by them, a small piece of metal "pushed". Basically a bullet.
A Mistborn can fly, a Jedi can't

A jedi is enhanced by the force but he can't do something that a human can't do "theoretically" add in psychic powers & a cool sword
A Mistborn is superhuman, there's no way around it.

It's not that I don't want to discuss it or anything, it's just that there's only one real outcome. It's like asking if Spiderman tried to take on Superman.

Man on Fire
2013-05-23, 06:11 PM
It's like asking if Spiderman tried to take on Superman.

Venom once did. And won.
Venom once beat Superman, wrap your heads around that, people.

Eldan
2013-05-23, 06:13 PM
Here's the difference

A mistborn is inhumanly strong, a jedi isn't
A jedi's telekiness is more like "mage hand", slow & they have to concentrate to do it a mistborn's push/pull of an object is more like dealing with bullets, in fact that is the most common weapon used by them, a small piece of metal "pushed". Basically a bullet.
A Mistborn can fly, a Jedi can't

A jedi is enhanced by the force but he can't do something that a human can't do "theoretically" add in psychic powers & a cool sword
A Mistborn is superhuman, there's no way around it.

It's not that I don't want to discuss it or anything, it's just that there's only one real outcome. It's like asking if Spiderman tried to take on Superman.

Once you go into the EU, you have some crazy powerful Jedi. Throwing around spaceships with their telekinesis, sensing things from half a star system away and moving incredibly fast.

Prime32
2013-05-23, 06:19 PM
Batman: The Brave and the Bold meets JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
because I don't think any ther show would urvive contact with JJBA anime and not explode.You are implying that the parts of JJBA covered by the anime are the craziest ones. :smallamused:

Anderlith
2013-05-23, 07:33 PM
Bill & Ted's & Doctor Who

Twice the time traveling phonebooths infinitely more hijinks

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-23, 08:05 PM

Dr. Spock
Dr. McCoy
Dr. Doom
Dr. Strange
Dr. Octopus
Dr. Horrible
Dr. McNinja
Dr Pepper
Dr. No
Dr. Ned
Dr. Zed
Dr. DoLittle
and Hello Nurse

Now that I would watch...

CSI:Miami and Batman.

Because I just want to see Bat's face when Horatio out-Batmans him, as H is wont to do... (The funniest part of the first CSI: Miami/New York crossover was when H did that to Mac...)

W.i.t.c.h. meets Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Earthworm Jim, the Tick, the Crimson Chin, Mermaid Man, Freakazoid and Adam West Batman (and their sidekicks) team-up to save the universe from Eeeevilll! (It does not go well.)

Kitten Champion
2013-05-23, 08:07 PM
Perry White versus J Jonah Jameson, who can sell more papers!

Traab
2013-05-23, 08:20 PM
Perry White versus J Jonah Jameson, who can sell more papers!

JJ holds the edge in sensationalism, perry white holds the edge in accurate big news. I think JJ takes the early lead with such headlines as, "Spandex fetishist with his underwear on the outside decimates metropolis!", but over time his readership shrinks because they notice half his stories get walked back and match up with what perry whites paper was saying all along. JJ retires from the real news and takes a job as chief editor of the national enquirer, raising it to heights of readership previously unheard of.

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-23, 08:39 PM

The common thread: All Presidents of the United States. Some of the many threats they have to deal with: Russian ultranationalists (spearheading an actual Russian invasion of the United States, no less), Imperial Japanese, North Koreans, African mercenaries, domestic terrorists, traitorous Vice Presidents, and aliens. Also, several of them are secretly working for the enemy. Who survives, and who gets to kick the most ass along the way?
I would bet on John Patrick Ryan of Tom Clancy fame.

Raimun
2013-05-23, 08:53 PM
COMMISSAR CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!

vs.

Kamina.

MLai
2013-05-23, 09:00 PM
COMMISSAR CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!
vs.
Kamina.
So... what you really mean to say is...

Gurren Lagann VS the entire W40K universe (including the Chaos Gods, the Old C'tann, and whatever is at the center of the Tyranid swarm).

Raimun
2013-05-23, 09:06 PM

Gurren Lagann VS the entire W40K universe (including the Chaos Gods, the Old C'tann, and whatever is at the center of the Tyranid swarm).

No, I mean a brawl between these two gentlemen. No mechas, no armies.

It's like two immovable objects moving at irresistible force colliding against each other. Yes, I know that doesn't even make sense. :smallcool:

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-05-23, 09:13 PM
Agatha Heterodyne from Girl Genius teams up with Harry Dresden from the Dresden Files in modern day Chicago and Nevernever.

Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE. (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20081205)
Huh.

My mind is warring over what hexus would do to a Spark's creations.

Raimun
2013-05-23, 09:32 PM
Oh, I got another one. A versus battle nobody has ever thought of... not even the creators of this franchishe.

Professor X vs. Magneto.

Seriously. I have never seen these two actually fight each other. Yes, they have been on the opposite sides but they have been masterminds or Magneto fought some rank and file-X-men.

So... Xavier vs. Lehnsherr. In their usual environment of New York City, or very close by. Other superpowered beings are somehow completely unavailable but they have to fight over some issue. This time, there's just no one around to do their fighting for them. ... Unless Xavier mind controls people to fight for him.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-23, 09:59 PM
Oh, I got another one. A versus battle nobody has ever thought of... not even the creators of this franchishe.

Professor X vs. Magneto.

Seriously. I have never seen these two actually fight each other. Yes, they have been on the opposite sides but they have been masterminds or Magneto fought some rank and file-X-men.

So... Xavier vs. Lehnsherr. In their usual environment of New York City, or very close by. Other superpowered beings are somehow completely unavailable but they have to fight over some issue. This time, there's just no one around to do their fighting for them. ... Unless Xavier mind controls people to fight for him.

It's happened plenty of times.

It's never long.

Magneto just twitches his pinky and Xavier's wheelchair/yellow hoverthing (depending on mythos) either tips over or crushes him like a bug in the Juggernaut's boot.

Sith_Happens
2013-05-23, 10:04 PM
Professor X vs. Magneto.

Seriously. I have never seen these two actually fight each other.

Maybe that's because one of them is a paraplegic telepath? Here's how the "fight" goes:

Magneto has his helmet? Xavier doesn't stand a chance.

Magneto doesn't have his helmet? He doesn't stand a chance.

grolim
2013-05-23, 10:17 PM
Bill & Ted's & Doctor Who

Twice the time traveling phonebooths infinitely more hijinks

Bill and Ted get wasted at a future concert and accidentally steal the Tardis. The doctor has to hot wire the phone booth and chase them down.

HamHam
2013-05-23, 10:23 PM
Bill and Ted get wasted at a future concert and accidentally steal the Tardis. The doctor has to hot wire the phone booth and chase them down.

This is an excellent idea.

"Doctor, didn't this thing use to be bigger on the inside?"

No, I mean a brawl between these two gentlemen. No mechas, no armies.

It's like two immovable objects moving at irresistible force colliding against each other. Yes, I know that doesn't even make sense. :smallcool:

If Cain has his chain sword, Kamina just dies. Without a robot he is seriously just a dude. If he doesn't, I don't think Cain can actually win a fist fight.

MLai
2013-05-23, 10:52 PM
This is an excellent idea.
"Doctor, didn't this thing use to be bigger on the inside?"
The best idea in this thread yet. Truly.

If Cain has his chain sword, Kamina just dies. Without a robot he is seriously just a dude. If he doesn't, I don't think Cain can actually win a fist fight.
I thought every Commissar had a Power Fist??

Triscuitable
2013-05-23, 11:16 PM
Maybe that's because one of them is a paraplegic telepath? Here's how the "fight" goes:

Magneto has his helmet? Xavier doesn't stand a chance.

Magneto doesn't have his helmet? He doesn't stand a chance.

I don't know why it never occurred to Xavier to have a- Wait a minute, new "What If?" idea:

"What if Professor Xavier used a wooden wheelchair?"

thorgrim29
2013-05-23, 11:23 PM
Nah, Cain has a laser pistol, a chainsword and a blank sidekick with a melta and a laser rifle... Just Cain and Gaunt meeting would be pretty fun actually, they both get fairly similar results with wildly different motivations and methods.

Tyrion and Arya are the Doctor's companions
Talahasse (zombieland) joins Rick's group (walking dead)
A killer Castle and Beckett are tracking flees to England, they persue to help out the british police. Lestrade and Nicholas Angel are their contacts over there, bringing in Holmes and Watson.

Hawriel
2013-05-23, 11:29 PM
On mist born vs jedi

The mist born abilities are very limited. If a person has the ability to burn metal for its power it's almost always limited to one metal. A character could push on metal objects or pull on them. They could enhance their senses. They could hype the emotions of a crowed or mute them. Some mist borns can speed up or slow time. However it is limited to a bubble centered on the mist born. The bubble cannot be moved.

The other metal powers are just as limiting. For example there are people that can store a type of power and release it in a specific metal. Gold is health. Copper is memory. It is a rare person that would have one of these plus one of the first set of metal powers.

What makes a mist born strong is in how clever an individual mist born can use their ability(s).

While Jedi have their strengths in one aspect of the force over another, for the most part they are generalists first then specialize in what they are naturally good at or interested in as a person. They do not have the limits as a mist born.

A mist born that can pull in metal may be able to take a light saber from a Jedi. But it is highly unlikely. After all it's a very well known and old trick to them. At worst the Jedi will just yank it back with the force. If they don't just crush the mist born's body with it instead.

Marty and Doc Brown end up time traveling to Star Fleet Academy.

The crew of the Galactica finally makes it to Earth. Right after Reese travels back in time to save Sara Conner.

The mega city that has part of Detroit in it uncovers officer Murphy in an abandoned warehouse. They make him a Judge.

Oh on Batman meats Punisher. It's been done in one of the Marvel/DC cross overs.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-23, 11:49 PM
Within the parlance of the novels, Mistborn are those who can use all allomantic metals freely. It's Mistings who are limited to a singular power which, with one or two exceptions, are going to be outmatched on the whole by an average Jedi.

Anderlith
2013-05-24, 12:25 AM
On mist born vs jedi

The mist born abilities are very limited. If a person has the ability to burn metal for its power it's almost always limited to one metal. A character could push on metal objects or pull on them. They could enhance their senses. They could hype the emotions of a crowed or mute them. Some mist borns can speed up or slow time. However it is limited to a bubble centered on the mist born. The bubble cannot be moved.

The other metal powers are just as limiting. For example there are people that can store a type of power and release it in a specific metal. Gold is health. Copper is memory. It is a rare person that would have one of these plus one of the first set of metal powers.

What makes a mist born strong is in how clever an individual mist born can use their ability(s).

While Jedi have their strengths in one aspect of the force over another, for the most part they are generalists first then specialize in what they are naturally good at or interested in as a person. They do not have the limits as a mist born.

A mist born that can pull in metal may be able to take a light saber from a Jedi. But it is highly unlikely. After all it's a very well known and old trick to them. At worst the Jedi will just yank it back with the force. If they don't just crush the mist born's body with it instead.

Actually "Mistborn" is a very specific title. It means someone who can burn all 16 metals. If you only have one, you are an Allomancer not a Mistborn. As for those that store attributes... those are Feruchemist not Allomancers or Mistborn.

I've read every single book. I know the limits of their powers. BTW it is possible for a strong enough Mistborn to push/pull the blood & metal deposits inside the human body.

On a side note, they could totally wreak havoc on a jedi's emotions by rioting & soothing emotion. They could quite possibly make the Jedi "give into his hate" & become an instant Sith. Or make them run away in sheer terror

Sith_Happens
2013-05-24, 01:13 AM
I don't know why it never occurred to Xavier to have a- Wait a minute, new "What If?" idea:

"What if Professor Xavier used a wooden wheelchair?"

Then he gets to still be sitting in it when Magneto throws a car at him.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-24, 01:54 AM
Magneto versus Xavier brings back bad Ultimatum flashbacks.

I wonder what would've happened if Anasurimbor Kellhus appeared in Westeros shortly after the war began.

Kindablue
2013-05-24, 02:21 AM

Does Tricky Dicky get that giant robot death suit he had at the end of the election episode, or just the glass jar? I feel like that changes the math.

Anderlith
2013-05-24, 02:30 AM
Deadpool (or maybe Wolverine) & Song of Ice & Fire

/thread

Brother Oni
2013-05-24, 02:40 AM
I've read every single book. I know the limits of their powers. BTW it is possible for a strong enough Mistborn to push/pull the blood & metal deposits inside the human body.

So their powers are just handwaved to 'all metals', since the atomic iron in haemoglobin is non-magnetic, and unless you've been poisoned by heavy metals/silver, the same applies to any metal within the human body?

In any case, it sounds to me that you're not very familiar with jedi powers - what part of 'within human limits' is a Force Jump that can clear 50' vertically? Force Push can also be achieved with a simple gesture with about a second's worth of concentration, and is capable of knocking down several human sized targets.

Out of curiousity what powers do Mistborn have against blasters? Or being sniped at extreme distances? Jedi don't like using blasters, but there's nothing theologically or practically stopping them.

For reference it's possible for a sniper rifle in Star Wars to kneecap a human sized target at 120km. Admittedly that shot was done by a droid, but given that modern day snipers can hit targets at ~2.5km, one with precognition, superlative body control and a suitable scoped weapon should be able to achieve humanly unachievable shots.

The Glyphstone
2013-05-24, 02:41 AM
...you guys should take the Mistborn vs. Jedi into a dedicated thread of its own, since it doesn't appear to fit here anymore (there is significant amount of thinking involved), and is making up a disproportionate relative volume of posts in this thread.

Eldan
2013-05-24, 03:08 AM
[QUOTE=Brother Oni;15295560]
Out of curiousity what powers do Mistborn have against blasters? Or being sniped at extreme distances? Jedi don't like using blasters, but there's nothing theologically or practically stopping them.QUOTE]

None, really. There's specialized assassins against them. You don't carry metal and use nonmetal bullets. Done.

They can enhance their senses and reflexes, so maybe they could see you coming and dodge. But usually, their powers are used in short Bursts. They burn their metals, as they call it, usually for a few seconds to minutes of power. After that, they have to ingest new metals from vials, and some of the better metals are very rare.

Tvtyrant
2013-05-24, 03:27 AM
Gantz vs. Veritas. The Veritas people are probably stronger, but they would run out of ki.

McNum
2013-05-24, 03:30 AM
I got two, one is an all out robot war and the other... has interesting implications.

1. Mega Man vs. Skynet

One is the greatest robot hunter ever built, the other an army of robots. And in case vanilla Mega Man can't do it, let's bump him up to X. Zero can come too.

If nothing else, it'll be a pretty cool fight. And both X and Zero has beaten stronger foes than a Terminator. Good thing Skynet has hundreds if not thousands of them. Makes for a fair fight.

2. Captain Planet in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

What makes this interesting is both the similarities and the differences here. Both are firmly in the good guy side of things, but yet there's ample opportunity for conflict here. Why? Because nature has been utterly tamed and dominated by the ponies. The sun and moon don't even work naturally. Only a small patch of land is left to nature, while the rest is being tended to, not with any evil intent, by the ponies. Using powerful magic to make sure that nature stays dormant and tame.

Captain Planet would be firmly against that. Nature should be wild and untamed, the pony magic is just another kind of pollution. And yet... what can he do? Go fight Princess Celestia? Would that even change anything? Forcefully dispel the magic? That would cause the ponies to panic, pretty much putting the entire pony society at risk, and that's just not his way either. Plus, isn't The Magic of Friendship just The Power of Heart taken to its extreme?

Of course, this would most likely end with some major supernatural threat coming up and Captain Planet fighting alongside the ponies, becoming a focus for the Elements of Harmony and punching evil in the face while making a terrible pun. It's what leads up to that that's the interesting part.

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-24, 05:01 AM

I had considered that myself; I know of the former only by reputation (and consider anything that tries to take such ridiculous ideas as universe-sized mecha even slightly seriously to be too silly even for me); however, I am sufficently unimpressed by 40K and it's attitude that it is teh bestest that I would like to see the former run slip-shod all over it, as the people for whom "nuh uh" is their special power stand a good chance of doing it...

(Though in truth I think 40K vastly over-estimates it's advancement, but that's a story for another time, and largely not worth arguing with because 40K, by nature, is so heavily factionalised to encourage the kind of thinking debating it is pointless.)

2. Captain Planet in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

There is a throw-away gag line that came to me one day in the vanishingly remote possibility I ever wrote a W.i.t.c.h fanfiction (which is really remote, seeing as this was the only thing I ever thought about...)

It would have come during the transformation sequence, noting that everyone always took care to say the right words in the right order, because that one day, during the first season when Will was still using "heart", Hay Lin had got a bit excited and said "wind" instead of "air" a bit out of sequence and they accidently summoned Captain Planet. (Who was very understanding about the mishap, and even beat the living crud of of Cedric while he was there - and the girls now always made sure to recycle...)

Axolotl
2013-05-24, 05:14 AM
(Though in truth I think 40K vastly over-estimates it's advancement, but that's a story for another time, and largely not worth arguing with because 40K, by nature, is so heavily factionalised to encourage the kind of thinking debating it is pointless.)I haven't really been into 40k for several years now but I can't see how you can argue that 40k portrays itself as advanced from all the ones I've read the 40k books consistently portray their universe as backwards and stagnant. Maybe the Necrons and Eldar but beyond that nobody is portrayed as advanced, certainly not in comparison to most other sci-fi settings.

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-24, 05:28 AM
I haven't really been into 40k for several years now but I can't see how you can argue that 40k portrays itself as advanced from all the ones I've read the 40k books consistently portray their universe as backwards and stagnant. Maybe the Necrons and Eldar but beyond that nobody is portrayed as advanced, certainly not in comparison to most other sci-fi settings.

[40K aside]Me neither, yet in any comparison of 40K verses anything, 40K always gets lauded as being superior in every respect, from their characters being more badarse to the weapons being more powerful. (Which, is, of course, an effect of the rampant factionalism GW encourages in the source material, combined with a steady power-creep in the fluff. Back when I played Warhammer, no-one batted an eyelid about crossing over Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, where it was possible to Space Marines to thus get knobbled by Goblin archers. Mention that now...) And I have heard people claiming 40K is the most advanced sci-fi power before now. So. Yeah. Some people do think that (and I think a larger proportion of 40K than in many fanbases, because GW explicitly encourages that kind of thinking in pretty much all 40K's aspects.)

But like I said, this isn't really the place to belabour that point, if indeed there ever is one. [/40K aside]

Brother Oni
2013-05-24, 06:20 AM
Maybe the Necrons and Eldar but beyond that nobody is portrayed as advanced, certainly not in comparison to most other sci-fi settings.

The Tau have the highest rate of technological advancement and their tech level is fairly comparable to other sci-fi settings in my opinion.

Unfortunately, that makes them fairly small fry in the 40K-verse.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-05-24, 09:22 AM
Deadpool (or maybe Wolverine) & Song of Ice & Fire

/thread
YES.

(Deadpool & Anything, really.)

AUAUGH.

DEADPOOL AND GURREN LAGANN. WITH GUILE'S THEME.

Sith_Happens
2013-05-24, 11:04 AM
DEADPOOL AND GURREN LAGANN. WITH GUILE'S THEME.

Deadpool vs. Foxbat (from Champions).

darkblade
2013-05-24, 11:09 AM
The Hunger Games of Ice and Fire: An alternate Universe in which Joffery survives the War of Five Kings. Joffery arranges for a new kind of tournament to make sure none of the Seven Kingdoms forget what happens when you oppose the King.

Michael Westen - Summer Knight: Michael Westen is offered a new job by the Summer Court. They think his outside of the box spy thinking might be enough to tangle with Harry's outside the box wizard thinking.

Maquise
2013-05-24, 11:20 AM
Phineas and Ferb get Lantern Rings.

Raimun
2013-05-24, 11:30 AM
The Adventures of Deadpool and Fonzie.

Friv
2013-05-24, 11:43 AM
The Real McCoys

Starring: Doctor Leonard McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_McCoy)
Doctor Hank McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_(comics))
District Attorney Jack McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_McCoy),
and their niece, Josie McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josie_McCoy).

With narration by Al McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_McCoy_%28announcer%29).

Raimun
2013-05-24, 11:57 AM
The Real McCoys

Starring: Doctor Leonard McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_McCoy)
Doctor Hank McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_(comics))
District Attorney Jack McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_McCoy),
and their niece, Josie McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josie_McCoy).

With narration by Al McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_McCoy_%28announcer%29).

Guest starring Andy McCoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanoi_Rocks).

Traab
2013-05-24, 03:51 PM
Harry potter raised by al bundy

Avilan the Grey
2013-05-24, 04:17 PM
Harry potter raised by al bundy

So... He would have a 10000 times better childhood than he had?

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-24, 04:41 PM
So... He would have a 10000 times better childhood than he had?

To be fair, he could have been raised by Xykon and would have been arguably true...

I'd almost want to see that.

Man on Fire
2013-05-24, 04:44 PM
and consider anything that tries to take such ridiculous ideas as universe-sized mecha even slightly seriously to be too silly even for me)

1) It doesn't take it seriously
2) It's not universe sized.

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-24, 05:14 PM
All characters voiced by Jennifer Hale/Tara Strong/Steve Blum/Dan Green/ locked in a room/building/demi-plane.

Guybrush Threepwood meets Sam and Max.

Wait, no...

Deadpool meets Sam and Max and oh frag, I think the universe just broke.

1) It doesn't take it seriously
2) It's not universe sized.

I said "even slightly seriously" as anything less than Earthworm Jim/Looney Tunes level parody/absurdism makes the idea utterly laughable as far as I'm concerned.

While I may have been misinformed on the precise dimensions (after checking TVTropes) tens to hundreds/thousands of millions of light years is no less ludicrous.

For a kick off, no-one could ever SEE the damn things, because of the y'know, fact that it would take tens of millions of years for the light to reach you at any point you could see more than a giant wall in front of you ('cos light-year means, y'know [I]light-year and you by definition can't see (i.e. perceive with light) faster-than-light.) Even 40K doesn't fail physics quite that badly. Hell, DBZ doesn't fail at physics that badly...

Mx.Silver
2013-05-24, 05:58 PM
Does Tricky Dicky get that giant robot death suit he had at the end of the election episode, or just the glass jar? I feel like that changes the math.
Micheal Wilson is on the list. Of course Nixon gets the giant robot death suit.

Prime32
2013-05-24, 06:33 PM
For a kick off, no-one could ever SEE the damn things, because of the y'know, fact that it would take tens of millions of years for the light to reach you at any point you could see more than a giant wall in front of you ('cos light-year means, y'know light-year and you by definition can't see (i.e. perceive with light) faster-than-light.) Even 40K doesn't fail physics quite that badly. Hell, DBZ doesn't fail at physics that badly...The physics-breaking is fully acknowledged, and the fact that the protagonists' feats are impossible is a driving force of the plot.

The level of absurdity isn't that far off Earthworm Jim, except that it only applies to important characters.

Man on Fire
2013-05-24, 06:56 PM
While I may have been misinformed on the precise dimensions (after checking TVTropes) tens to hundreds/thousands of millions of light years is no less ludicrous.

For a kick off, no-one could ever SEE the damn things, because of the y'know, fact that it would take tens of millions of years for the light to reach you at any point you could see more than a giant wall in front of you ('cos light-year means, y'know light-year and you by definition can't see (i.e. perceive with light) faster-than-light.) Even 40K doesn't fail physics quite that badly. Hell, DBZ doesn't fail at physics that badly...

1) They have this thing in TTGL called SPiral Power. What it does is allows you to break laws of physics. Any laws of physics. That's all it does.
2) Also, this fight took place in a pocket dimension of near-omnipotent being, where he decides how laws of physics works. If he wanted to ignore the specific laws to not work, they wouldn't. Not to mention in another episode the same being simply ignored law of cause and effect for pretty minor thing just because he could.
3) Entire setting is build on active rejection of any relistic appication of physics. And I don't mean just usual "mechas aren't realistic". I mean that the creators purporsely made the universe work on principles that made it impossible to apply laws of physics of our world to it. The purposely build this world so they could with straight face tell you you're wrong.
4) And, as Prime 32 said, it's actually an important plot point that yes, they shouldn't be albe to do these things, but they are.

Now, I know that's not everybody's cup of tea and I respect that. I'm not saying you should watch it. Feel free not to, we have right to like different things. But I just ant to point out it's unfair to pull complaints about what writers got wrong when they took preparations so these things wouldn't matter.

HamHam
2013-05-24, 07:00 PM
The problem with all X vs Jedi questions is that Jedi have a wildly inconsistent power level based on source. Like, Tabletop Space Marine vs Fiction Space Marine levels of disparity.

GolemsVoice
2013-05-24, 07:13 PM
Doomguy vs. Gordon Freeman, Debate Club.

Man on Fire
2013-05-24, 07:16 PM
Doomguy vs. Gordon Freeman, Debate Club.

But Doomguy is quite talkive. He is first to point out when somebody is HUUUUGE! That means he has HUUUGE GUTS! RIP AND TEAR HIS GUTS! RIP AND TEAR!

GolemsVoice
2013-05-24, 08:51 PM
But can his rage hold up to Gordon's soulfull eyes? However, as much as Doomguy is an expert on RIPPING AND TEARING, Gordon knows his a fair bit about smashing (crowbar-related)

OctoberRaven
2013-05-24, 09:27 PM
Gordon Freeman vs Gordon Ramsay in debate.

The topic: Is cooking a science?

Ramza00
2013-05-24, 09:32 PM
Roy mustang vs iron man (tony stark)

Metahuman1
2013-05-25, 12:57 AM
Actually "Mistborn" is a very specific title. It means someone who can burn all 16 metals. If you only have one, you are an Allomancer not a Mistborn. As for those that store attributes... those are Feruchemist not Allomancers or Mistborn.

On a side note, they could totally wreak havoc on a jedi's emotions by rioting & soothing emotion. They could quite possibly make the Jedi "give into his hate" & become an instant Sith. Or make them run away in sheer terror

1: Mistborn grabs lightsaber, but Jedi turns it on, and turns it plasma point first at the mistborn, and adjusts the angle by a matter of inches so that it hit's full speed, plasma point first, square between the mistborns eyes.

2: Mistborn makes jedi go so nuts they go Sith? Mistborn is powered by metal, which conducts electricity, Sith, use lighting they conjure on demand as an attack tactic and have no qualms about using it.

3: Any Jedi that falls and becomes a Sith can still become a Jedi again later.

Deadpool & Song of Ice and Fire: He fits right in and introduces guns and explosives to the setting on top of the pre-existing chaos.

Phenius and Ferb get lantern rings: ALL MY YES!!! SHUT UP!!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

And a new one: Ben 10 vs. Sasuke Uchiha.

Tavar
2013-05-25, 01:10 AM
2: Mistborn makes jedi go so nuts they go Sith? Mistborn is powered by metal, which conducts electricity, Sith, use lighting they conjure on demand as an attack tactic and have no qualms about using it.
A) Sith Lightning isn't an instinctive ability, so just becoming a Sith wouldn't be enough to use it.
B)The amount of metal injested to fuel their powers is pretty small: a few flakes can be enough, so not really something too relavent to conductivity.
C) I believe Sith lightning isn't electricity. It's more destructive hate made manifest.

3: Any Jedi that falls and becomes a Sith can still become a Jedi again later.

In the same way that anyone who buys a lottery ticket can win the big jackpot, yes.

Traab
2013-05-25, 05:36 AM
A) Sith Lightning isn't an instinctive ability, so just becoming a Sith wouldn't be enough to use it.
B)The amount of metal injested to fuel their powers is pretty small: a few flakes can be enough, so not really something too relavent to conductivity.
C) I believe Sith lightning isn't electricity. It's more destructive hate made manifest.

In the same way that anyone who buys a lottery ticket can win the big jackpot, yes.

I think its more the way that any addict can recover given the proper motivation desire and circumstances. I admit to not reading the EU, but isnt that one of the defining features of the sith? They are hooked on these dark emotions and keep channeling more and more and more, like a junkie after his fix.

Kato
2013-05-25, 05:52 AM
David Xanatos, Bruce Wayne, Lelouch vi Britannia, Light Yagami, Havelock Vetinari, Sherlock Holmesm Lex Luthor [probably a dozen other geniuses I forgot about] sitting down and playing a friendly game of Civilization. With real countries.

Eldan
2013-05-25, 05:53 AM
Add Klaus Wulfenbach. Just because he'd soon have enough of all the intrigue and start crushing people.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-25, 06:44 AM
David Xanatos, Bruce Wayne, Lelouch vi Britannia, Light Yagami, Havelock Vetinari, Sherlock Holmesm Lex Luthor [probably a dozen other geniuses I forgot about] sitting down and playing a friendly game of Civilization. With real countries.

Add Klaus Wulfenbach. Just because he'd soon have enough of all the intrigue and start crushing people.

Orihara Izaya too.

Every game needs a troll.

Delusion
2013-05-25, 07:00 AM
Wakfu and Warhammer fantasy battle.

Claymore and SoIAF.

Jean le Fleur (Quantum Thief) vs Ravenor (Wh40k).

Eldan
2013-05-25, 08:04 AM
The cast of Quantum Thief against Batman.

Delusion
2013-05-25, 09:23 AM
The cast of Quantum Thief against Batman.

Whole cast?

I think Jean had a term in second book that might descripe even people like batman: "Cuddly slowtime monkey people."

pita
2013-05-25, 09:23 AM
One of my favorite theoreticals: Batman vs Punisher, thrown onto an island to fight each other Battle Royale style, until either death or submission. Neither starts with any gear (including but not limited to the computer systems in Batman's cowl) or weaponry, they have to find their own weapons hidden in the island.

I contend that Punisher wins. Why? Two reasons.

One: Punisher has the better overall skillset. Both men are masters of guerrilla warfare, but Punisher is also an expert in counter-guerrilla warfare. He's seen all kinds of traps and ambushes in Vietnam and will be ready for practically anything Batman may devise. Punisher is also the better tracker. Batman is a master detective but without his technological boons, he won't be able to track as well as Punisher can. "But Batman has martial arts training". So does Punisher. He's an ex-Marine, and that means he has been trained in close quarters combat. He's also not afraid to fight dirty to gain an advantage. Batman wouldn't think of fishhooking or biting. Punisher wouldn't think twice about it.

Two, and possibly the more contentious point: Because ultimately Punisher has more willpower than Batman. Both men have endured punishment that only a Peak Human or grater could ever survive. But injuries only slow Frank down, where Batman will be out of commission completely. Neither man will admit defeat, but Batman won't deliver a killing blow: Punisher won't want to kill Batman, but is pragmatic enough to realize that he'll have to. Batman will leave Frank alive, to try to find some how, some way to get off the island safely with him. Punisher? He'll deliver a lethal blow, and maybe a few more just to be sure.

There actually was a Batman/Punisher crossover, where Jigsaw came to Gotham and Castle tracked him down. It ended with Batman beating The Punisher, not letting him kill The Joker. There was a pretty awesome moment where The Joker surrenders to Castle, used to Batman just taking him to Gotham, only to realize who he's dealing with.

jedipilot24
2013-05-25, 10:01 AM
Mistborn may be superhuman but Jedi are supernatural.

Here's the difference:
superhuman is doing things beyond the abilities of normal humans but still theoretically possible.
supernatural is doing things that cannot normally happen and that are theoretically impossible.

In a straight up contest, all other things being equal, the supernatural will always beat the superhuman.

Eldan
2013-05-25, 10:28 AM
As far as I know, there's no creature in nature with metalkinesis.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-25, 10:50 AM
Scooby Doo and the Hulk

Hear me out.

The Mystery Machine goes to its latest mystery site: let's say a haunted carnival. People are terrified because apparently the Hulk is terrorizing people all around the park. Scooby and the gang investigate, and the Hulk is indeed around, but he's more trying to get away from everyone and be left alone. The first (and REALLY obvious) clue that something else is going on is that the Hulk who's actually causing trouble is Red. Go through the general Scooby Doo plot of investigating for increasingly obvious clues, running away from the monster (Red Hulk) with typical cartoonish antics, made even more so with the help of the green hulk. Eventually they set up a ridiculous setup of a trap to finally capture Red Hulk and pull off the mask (because of course it's a mask).

Fred: "Now let's see who this Red Hulk really is!" (pulls off mask) "Old man Thunderbolt Ross?!"
Ross: "Yes, and I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and that dog."
Scooby Doo: "Rooby rooby roo!"
Shaggy: "Like, zoinks, Scoobs! Let's celebrate with a few Scooby Snacks!"
Sccoby Doo: "Reeheehee!"
Hulk: "HULK WANT SNACK TOO!"
Shaggy: "Like, get your own man!"
Hulk: "PUNY HIPPIE MAN GIVE HULK SNACK! HULK WANT SNACK! HULK SNACK!"

Kato
2013-05-25, 11:24 AM
In a straight up contest, all other things being equal, the supernatural will always beat the superhuman.
While I can't comment on that special case but I can say this is quite clearly, false. There are many supernatural abilities or people who still can't keep up with (super)humans because their supernatural skills just don't give them that much of an advantage.
Since a jedi can well be defeated by a normal human if he is skilled (or well armed enough) or if we are talking savage beasts with strength far beyond a humans a superhuman would have a good chance to beat him as well.

jedipilot24
2013-05-25, 11:35 AM
While I can't comment on that special case but I can say this is quite clearly, false. There are many supernatural abilities or people who still can't keep up with (super)humans because their supernatural skills just don't give them that much of an advantage.
Since a jedi can well be defeated by a normal human if he is skilled (or well armed enough) or if we are talking savage beasts with strength far beyond a humans a superhuman would have a good chance to beat him as well.

In Shadows of the Empire, for example, Luke Skywalker beats an HRD (Human Replica Droid) in unarmed combat. HRD's have superhuman strength, speed and reflexes and this particular one had been programmed as an assassin. But Luke still beats her because of his Jedi talent for precognition and slowing down his perception of time. That is an example of the difference between superhuman and supernatural.

Kato
2013-05-25, 11:56 AM
In Shadows of the Empire, for example, Luke Skywalker beats an HRD (Human Replica Droid) in unarmed combat. HRD's have superhuman strength, speed and reflexes and this particular one had been programmed as an assassin. But Luke still beats her because of his Jedi talent for precognition and slowing down his perception of time. That is an example of the difference between superhuman and supernatural.

My problem was more with your general statement "the supernatural will always win against the superhuman". If the supernatural is a jedi, well, his odds are good to win but still not guaranteed. It depends on the skill level of the jedi and the power of the superhuman.

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-25, 02:11 PM
Scooby Doo and the Hulk

Hear me out.

The Mystery Machine goes to its latest mystery site: let's say a haunted carnival. People are terrified because apparently the Hulk is terrorizing people all around the park. Scooby and the gang investigate, and the Hulk is indeed around, but he's more trying to get away from everyone and be left alone. The first (and REALLY obvious) clue that something else is going on is that the Hulk who's actually causing trouble is Red. Go through the general Scooby Doo plot of investigating for increasingly obvious clues, running away from the monster (Red Hulk) with typical cartoonish antics, made even more so with the help of the green hulk. Eventually they set up a ridiculous setup of a trap to finally capture Red Hulk and pull off the mask (because of course it's a mask).

Fred: "Now let's see who this Red Hulk really is!" (pulls off mask) "Old man Thunderbolt Ross?!"
Ross: "Yes, and I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and that dog."
Scooby Doo: "Rooby rooby roo!"
Shaggy: "Like, zoinks, Scoobs! Let's celebrate with a few Scooby Snacks!"
Sccoby Doo: "Reeheehee!"
Hulk: "HULK WANT SNACK TOO!"
Shaggy: "Like, get your own man!"
Hulk: "PUNY HIPPIE MAN GIVE HULK SNACK! HULK WANT SNACK! HULK SNACK!"

Pffftahahahahahahahahaha!

HamHam
2013-05-25, 03:37 PM

Meanwhile, a bunch of Jedi masters get their butts kicked by an asthmatic cyborg.

Avilan the Grey
2013-05-25, 03:59 PM
Meanwhile, a bunch of Jedi masters get their butts kicked by an asthmatic cyborg.

Yes, but Luke is the incredible bore Hero...

I'd still love to see an Vanguard Shepard slam and then Nova a group of Jedis.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-25, 04:31 PM

Yeah, but then Episode III happened, clearly demonstrating those Jedi masters were just rubbish and genuinely threatening villains are too mainstream.

Clearly this Mistborn v, Jedi discussion should be its own thread, although I'm hazy on the setting here.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-05-25, 04:57 PM
Claymore and SoIAF.

That is actually a very interesting idea. Replace the Others with the youma, put the maesters in charge of the Claymores, and you're set.

Agrippa
2013-05-25, 06:10 PM
Yes, but Luke is the incredible bore Hero...

I'd still love to see an Vanguard Shepard slam and then Nova a group of Jedis.

Do you mean Paragon Shepard? And why the Jedi exactly? Is it because of the fact they remove children from their parents to indoctrinate them into a life of nigh emotionless ascetism against their wills?

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-25, 06:19 PM
Do you mean Paragon Shepard? And why the Jedi exactly? Is it because of the fact they remove children from their parents to indoctrinate them into a life of nigh emotionless ascetism against their wills?

Who wouldn't want to see a load of Jedi get slammed and nova'd or otherwise horribly killificated?

Says the Imperial loyalist.

darkblade
2013-05-25, 07:51 PM
That is actually a very interesting idea. Replace the Others with the youma, put the maesters in charge of the Claymores, and you're set.

Brienne of Tarth is a Claymore in this hypothetical crossover isn't she?

OctoberRaven
2013-05-25, 08:51 PM
Ooh, I got one.

HAL vs GLaDOS.

Two AIs enter, one AI leaves.

Metahuman1
2013-05-25, 09:34 PM
Ooh, I got one.

HAL vs GLaDOS.

I approve.

This battle brought to you by Bill Gates and the late Steve Jobs. Can you say payback? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njos57IJf-0

Kitten Champion
2013-05-26, 12:47 AM
Pokemon Trainers versus SMT Demon Tamers.

Hawriel
2013-05-26, 12:59 AM

Read all the books? Good for you so have I, and several thousand other people.

What a mystborn can do an average Jedi of equal skill from the horribly over powered Star Wars EU novels can do better.

An Allomancer is some one who swallows metal and burns it for an effect. Whether they can do one or all. A mister is an allomancer that can burn one, mistborn is all. It's the title of the book series a designation used in the world.

Sure an allomancer can riot a Jedi, however there is no guarantee it will work. Jedi are trained to understand their emotions not be ruled by them. It's part of the foundations of their teachings. Sure an allomancer could riot hate, and even if the Jedi gives in, it will not turn him into a Sith.

The Sith are an order with their own history, teachings, and culture. A force user who is ruled by selfish interest, who strive to control the force fall to the dark side.

A force user who is manipulated and forced to lose themselves into an emotion would not fall. Not every thing is run by hard line interpreted D&D alignment rules. Any actions taken by the force user during that short period of emotional manipulation might deeply effect the person afterwords, but they are still not responsible for them.

Then the allomancer would run out of metal and would be in deep bantha poodoo.

OctoberRaven
2013-05-26, 01:12 AM
Pokemon Trainers versus SMT Demon Tamers.

SMT of course. Trainers will only attack other summons. Tamers will go right after the trainers themselves. And will probably get a free action and cast Mamudoon right off the bat.

Tavar
2013-05-26, 01:25 AM
Read all the books? Good for you so have I, and several thousand other people.

What a mystborn can do an average Jedi of equal skill from the horribly over powered Star Wars EU novels can do better.

An Allomancer is some one who swallows metal and burns it for an effect. Whether they can do one or all. A mister is an allomancer that can burn one, mistborn is all. It's the title of the book series a designation used in the world.

Sure an allomancer can riot a Jedi, however there is no guarantee it will work. Jedi are trained to understand their emotions not be ruled by them. It's part of the foundations of their teachings. Sure an allomancer could riot hate, and even if the Jedi gives in, it will not turn him into a Sith.

The Sith are an order with their own history, teachings, and culture. A force user who is ruled by selfish interest, who strive to control the force fall to the dark side.

A force user who is manipulated and forced to lose themselves into an emotion would not fall. Not every thing is run by hard line interpreted D&D alignment rules. Any actions taken by the force user during that short period of emotional manipulation might deeply effect the person afterwords, but they are still not responsible for them.

Then the allomancer would run out of metal and would be in deep bantha poodoo.

Just like Anakin isn't responsible for what he did during the Tuskin Raiders/Jedi Massacre....oh wait.

I don't think it would be easy, mind you(Jedi do tend to have quite a bit of self control, which does work), but I don't think it's as useless as you imply.

Hawriel
2013-05-26, 01:42 AM
Just like Anakin isn't responsible for what he did during the Tuskin Raiders/Jedi Massacre....oh wait.

I don't think it would be easy, mind you(Jedi do tend to have quite a bit of self control, which does work), but I don't think it's as useless as you imply.

Anakin killed those people by his own choice, so your example does not debunk what I said at all.

Man on Fire
2013-05-26, 03:48 AM
Ooh, I got one.

HAL vs GLaDOS.

When we are at it (http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/that-pillar-was-the-closest-approximation-i-could-think-of-to-what-am-is-supposed-to-look-like)

Anderlith
2013-05-26, 02:26 PM
Anakin killed those people by his own choice, so your example does not debunk what I said at all.

Like Breeze says, you can't make a person do anything, but you can stack the deck against them to make them want to do it. & I use RotJ & RotS as examples of how influential & corrupting dark emotions are to seduce someone to the dark side. It doesn't take much for a Jedi to tailspin to the darkside. If it did then, why does Darth Sidius think that he could turn Luke in one afternoon? Because the metareality of the universe says that it can & does happen.

Fjolnir
2013-05-27, 09:12 PM
I think I would be remiss if I did not mention the current sonic/megaman crossover going on right now, I dig the fact that eggman and wily have this ridiculously codependent mutual admiration society going with one another...

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-27, 10:12 PM
River Tam was quite obviously in training to be a Ghost. I'm very surprised no-one's written a story (whether a Starcraft crossover or in-universe) about it yet.

Reverent-One
2013-05-27, 10:19 PM
Like Breeze says, you can't make a person do anything, but you can stack the deck against them to make them want to do it. & I use RotJ & RotS as examples of how influential & corrupting dark emotions are to seduce someone to the dark side. It doesn't take much for a Jedi to tailspin to the darkside. If it did then, why does Darth Sidius think that he could turn Luke in one afternoon? Because the metareality of the universe says that it can & does happen.

While you have a point, I fail to see how further tempting the Jedi to the Dark Side (assuming the Mistborn is aware enough to try this) helps them. It really just increases the chance of the Mistborn taking a lightning bolt to the face. Unless I've missed something in this discussion and getting the Paladin Jedi to fall is a win condition even if it kills the Mistborn in the process.

Anderlith
2013-05-27, 10:30 PM
While you have a point, I fail to see how further tempting the Jedi to the Dark Side (assuming the Mistborn is aware enough to try this) helps them. It really just increases the chance of the Mistborn taking a lightning bolt to the face. Unless I've missed something in this discussion and getting the Paladin Jedi to fall is a win condition even if it kills the Mistborn in the process.

Once you break a Jedi's will they become more pliable. After the Jedi is broken in, the Mistborn just riots/soothes them into doing whatever they want. In fact a particularly strong one could probably convince a Jedi to suicide

Reverent-One
2013-05-27, 10:36 PM
Once you break a Jedi's will they become more pliable. After the Jedi is broken in, the Mistborn just riots/soothes them into doing whatever they want. In fact a particularly strong one could probably convince a Jedi to suicide

Driving them to the dark side isn't breaking their will. Dark siders are well capable of being powerhouses where force of will is concerned. It should also be noted that it's giving in to the anger and hate, not simply feeling it, that generally is the important bit ("Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!"), which in this scenario would take the form of brutally murdering the Mistborn.

Man on Fire
2013-05-28, 01:56 AM
Take it to another thread, will you?

Back on the rails

Neon Genesis Evangelion, only with cast of Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. Because if there is one cast who has more issues and reasons to angst than NGE cast, it's them.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-05-28, 08:56 AM
Brienne of Tarth is a Claymore in this hypothetical crossover isn't she?
That could certainly work...

And Arya, naturally. She's total Claymore material.

River Tam was quite obviously in training to be a Ghost. I'm very surprised no-one's written a story (whether a Starcraft crossover or in-universe) about it yet.
D'OH! That's great.

Doctor Foreman
2013-05-28, 09:47 AM
John McClane in The Hobbit.

Old Hobbits Die Hard.

I'll get me coat...

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-28, 09:52 AM

Now that I think about it, I can imagine Malcolm Reynolds and Jim Raynor brokering deals and sharing drinks about how the Alliance screwed them over.

Yes it works for both.

Eldan
2013-05-28, 10:37 AM
John McClane in The Hobbit.

Old Hobbits Die Hard.

I'll get me coat...

He can be a Took or a Brandybuck. One of those Hobbits with armies and heroes.

Metahuman1
2013-05-28, 11:09 AM
Conan of Cimmera in A Song of Ice and Fire.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-05-28, 12:41 PM
Now that I think about it, I can imagine Malcolm Reynolds and Jim Raynor brokering deals and sharing drinks about how the Alliance screwed them over.

Yes it works for both.
Well, the SC2 Terran have some very Firefly feel to them...

Conan of Cimmera in A Song of Ice and Fire.
YES. SO MUCH YES. I want this.

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-28, 03:10 PM
Now that I think about it, I can imagine Malcolm Reynolds and Jim Raynor brokering deals and sharing drinkshaving barfights about how the Alliance screwed them over.

Fixed it for you :tongue:

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-28, 03:14 PM
Fixed it for you :tongue:

Only on Unification Day.

And it's not like they go out looking for barfights. They just HAPPEN to be having a quiet drink in a bar that happens to be Alliance friendly on Unification Day.

Metahuman1
2013-05-28, 11:44 PM
Well, the SC2 Terran have some very Firefly feel to them...

YES. SO MUCH YES. I want this.

Hey, I'll liven it up a bit. Throw on the ENTIRE lovecraft Mythos for craps and giggles.

*Mental Image of Kal-Drone and Conan double teaming Cuthulu.*

Starwulf
2013-05-29, 12:27 AM
To be fair, he could have been raised by Xykon and would have been arguably true...

I'd almost want to see that.

That may be the most winningest idea in the entire thread, and you should make a separate post dedicated to that concept, get other peoples feedback and ideas on how HP would have turned out under the tutelage of Xykon. Got my support!

Eldan
2013-05-29, 12:16 PM
Let's make a list of "Fun Magical People Who could have Raised Harry Potter".

Harry Dresden: so wrong, yet so right. I don't anyone should let Harry near small children, even if he would probably do a good job, in the end.

John Constantine: Ohgodnowhy.

The Unseen University wizards: Would not want children anywhere near themselves and would try to distance themselves as much as possible from the child, just as they do with students. In the end, it would probably be up to the lowest ranking wizards, i.e. Stibbons and Rincewind, to do the job.

Halaster Blackstaff. Bwahahaha. Poor Harry.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-29, 02:41 PM
Let's make a list of "Fun Magical People Who could have Raised Harry Potter".

Harry Dresden: so wrong, yet so right. I don't anyone should let Harry near small children, even if he would probably do a good job, in the end.

John Constantine: Ohgodnowhy.

The Unseen University wizards: Would not want children anywhere near themselves and would try to distance themselves as much as possible from the child, just as they do with students. In the end, it would probably be up to the lowest ranking wizards, i.e. Stibbons and Rincewind, to do the job.

Halaster Blackstaff. Bwahahaha. Poor Harry.

There's apparently a very highly recommended fanfic where Deadpool raises Harry Potter.

Axolotl
2013-05-29, 02:55 PM
John Constantine: Ohgodnowhy.While he would make a terrible parent, he would be the best Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher ever.

Wardog
2013-05-29, 03:48 PM
The most OUTRAGEOUS teamup:

AQUAMAN (Batman: The Barve and the Bold version)
Minsc (and Boo)
OTHAR TRYGGVASSEN Gentleman Adventurer

Also, something I thought of when considering "what if characters played by the same actors were the same person":

Hundreds of years after the defeat of Skynet, Terminator model TOK715 is revived to go deep undercover on a mission to investigate why the V Queen is posing as a high-class courtesan touring the Rim planets in an old Firefly.

The Glyphstone
2013-05-29, 03:49 PM
Anton Chigurh vs. Two-Face.

Both killers and psychos, but with completely opposite outlooks on life and fate...and they both flip coins to make decisions.

Wacky buddy-criminal movie? Or mortal enemies?

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-29, 04:56 PM
Anton Chigurh vs. Two-Face.

Both killers and psychos, but with completely opposite outlooks on life and fate...and they both flip coins to make decisions.

Wacky buddy-criminal movie? Or mortal enemies?

Why don't we flip a coin?

Sith_Happens
2013-05-29, 07:04 PM
An adult Ranma Saotome is hired to clean up a small-town bar with a bad reputation, only to find himself on the wrong side of the local wannabe-crime-boss. Things are, of course, further complicated after Ranma is splashed with cold water during a fight with an unruly customer on a busy night.

Coming to a theater near you: Roadhouse 1/2.

Anderlith
2013-05-29, 07:27 PM
Rocky & Terminator

In this version, Rocky Balboa is the one who travels back in time to meet Sarah Conner & father John Conner.

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-29, 08:19 PM
Rocky & Terminator

In this version, Rocky Balboa is the one who travels back in time to meet Sarah Conner & father John Conner.
Rambo would be so much cooler.

Rambo: "I love you!"
Sarah Connor: "Oh yes! Me too!"
Rambo: "I was talking to my shotgun."

industrious
2013-05-29, 08:25 PM
Freelancer meets Mass Effect.

Tavar
2013-05-29, 08:40 PM
Nexus:The Jupiter Incident X Mass Effect.

Not the universes, but more how you could seemingly really easily use Nexus's combat engine to run Mass Effect Style Combat. Unfortunately, it seems the rest of the game engine is pretty unfriendly to modding.

Acanous
2013-05-29, 09:38 PM
The Sonic/Megaman cross is actually very similar to Two Evil Scientists (A webcomic).

Hm.
I'd want to see Mass Effect/Invader Zim. See how the Citadel races interact with the Irkin.

Metahuman1
2013-05-30, 12:00 AM
Invader Zim teaming up with Dr. Who's Rogues Gallery to take on the Marvel Comics Ultimate Universe.

... ... ...

Wow, is it weird I'm rooting for the would be world conquerors?

The Glyphstone
2013-05-30, 12:03 AM
Rocky & Terminator

Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Rocky Balboa teams up with Bullwinkle J Moose to foil a Soviet plot to sabotage the Olympic boxing event.

Eldan
2013-05-30, 02:50 AM
Oh, yeah. Another one I once thought up:

Star Control 2/X-COM.

Because X-COM would kick an ungodly amount of Ur-Quan ass. And Arilou ass, despite the Arilou being incredibly friendly. No one quite knows what they have against them.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-30, 03:22 AM
Ultraman versus the Reapers (Mass Effect)

Sith_Happens
2013-05-30, 03:30 AM
From an older thread in Roleplaying Games:

Snow White and the Seven Samurai.
'Nuff said.

Eldan
2013-05-30, 04:13 AM
Sweet, even if it reminds me of those horrible "Gritty Fairy Tale" Remakes we've seen in the last few years.

You know, X-COM, especially the psychotic Trigger-happy X-COM we had in the Forum let's play on here once, would be awesome in a lot of SciFi universes.

I now want to see Alex Knight and his twin stun sticks of justice take on the Reapers.

Sith_Happens
2013-05-30, 05:26 AM
Speaking of cheap title/name gags and ME Reapers:

Soul Reapers vs. Reapers

Whatever the outcome, the following two events are guaranteed to occur at some point:
1. Kenpachi Zaraki cuts a Reaper in half. Probably followed by a few dozen more. With a smile on his face.
2. Ichigo becomes a Biotic.

Eldan
2013-05-30, 05:35 AM
And now I'm imagining various cast members of Mass Effect getting their Hands on a death note. Scariest: probably Jack.

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-30, 07:13 AM
Well, speaking of ME, I rather did want to see an Mass Effect where the role of Shepard is taken over from Earthworm Jim (with Peter Puppy) and they run rip-shod all over the poor fools and break the forth wall completely...!

(You'd clearly start in classic EWJ with the scene whereby "Shepard" (I.e. Jim, Peter and Snot) walks past Presley, who blinks once and says to the guy next to him:

"Did a giant worm, a talking dog and a smiling booger just walk by?"

"Mm-hmm."

*Presley walks into comm room, opens comm*

"Hello? Alliance command? Whatever you guys are down there: CUT IT OUT!"

And then of course, Jim picks Peter to go on the away mission instead of Jenkins (who sobs in the corner) and then, just before they leave, Jim spots Peter's shield is defective.

"Careful, fuzzbuddy!" says Jim, as they replace it, waggling a finger in full 'lecture mode.' "Even in the future, you should always make sure to check your safety equipment before use!"

"Wow, it's a good job you noticed that Jim or somebody could have been killed!")

Yes.

Yes, I have spent far too much time thinking about this.

Eldan
2013-05-30, 08:22 AM
And now you made me think about Sam and Max replacing the two Cerberus operatives from ME2.

Aotrs Commander
2013-05-30, 10:47 AM
And now you made me think about Sam and Max replacing the two Cerberus operatives from ME2.

Y'know what? Earthworm Jim, Peter Puppy and Sam and Max would make a completely awesome crossover!

(In ME or outside of it, but if I ever write that fic, I'm totally bringing Sam and Max into it somewhere...!)

Metahuman1
2013-05-30, 11:05 AM
Sam and Max meet Deadpool, and the Animaniacs, and Freakazoid, and Bugs Bunny, And Gen 4 Pinkie Pie, and just to top it off the cast of the Super Hero Squad Show.

Were is your 4th wall now?!

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-30, 03:35 PM
Sam and Max meet Deadpool, and the Animaniacs, and Freakazoid, and Bugs Bunny, And Gen 4 Pinkie Pie, and just to top it off the cast of the Super Hero Squad Show.

Were is your 4th wall now?!

Deadpool breaks the fourth wall just to find Sam & Max's office on the other side. Then they break the adjacent wall to find Freakazoid. And so on and so forth until they get to the Order of the Stick comics.

Anderlith
2013-05-30, 04:47 PM
Walking Dead & Daytime television (i.e. Jerry Springer, Maury, Dr. Phil, the Price is Right, Oprah etc.)

Just sit & imagine that...
Maury saying,
"Rick you are not the father!"
"I knew it! I F@%#ING knew it"

Carol playing blinko...

Dr. Phil talking to Shane about all the murder & psychopathic stuff...

Dale on Oprah because he wrote down his memoirs into a new book...

& at the end of each episode Jerry Springer comes on to do his little reflection monologue....

Sith_Happens
2013-05-30, 07:32 PM
Deadpool teaches Haruhi Suzumiya how to break the fourth wall.

...OH G-D, REAL LIFE ISN'T SAFE ANY MORE. SOMEONE STOP THEM BEFORE$HJY;?8G457;HK@&B7-CK0HV

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/008/2/7/obey_haruhi_by_kitty_666.jpg

Man on Fire
2013-05-30, 07:41 PM

That reminds me - there are Haruhi Suzumiya fanfictions that cross over with Rosarch from Watchmen. No, really.

Spamotron
2013-05-30, 08:57 PM
The original cartoon and Marvel comics premise for the Transformers (Autobots and Decepticons dormant aboard the Ark for millions of years awoken in the present day) with the modern IDW More Than Meets The Eye by James Roberts level of plot and characterizations on X fictional version of Earth.

I especially like Earth's where there's some grand conspiracy/ies that's been running for decades to centuries that is going to be completely derailed by the fact that unless humanity unites behind the Autobots the Decepticons are going to strip-mine the Earth down to the mantle for energy rendering everyone's scheming irrelevant.

So X-Files Earth

New World of Darkness Earth

Dresden Files Earth

Buffyverse Earth

Etc.

Anderlith
2013-05-30, 09:23 PM
The original cartoon and Marvel comics premise for the Transformers (Autobots and Decepticons dormant aboard the Ark for millions of years awoken in the present day) with the modern IDW More Than Meets The Eye by James Roberts level of plot and characterizations on X fictional version of Earth.

I especially like Earth's where there's some grand conspiracy/ies that's been running for decades to centuries that is going to be completely derailed by the fact that unless humanity unites behind the Autobots the Decepticons are going to strip-mine the Earth down to the mantle for energy rendering everyone's scheming irrelevant.

So X-Files Earth

New World of Darkness Earth

Dresden Files Earth

Buffyverse Earth

Etc.

Lol Dresden vs Transformers? He'd destroy all the Decepticons (& probably a few Autobots too) but by existing & causing them to short out.

If that turns out to not be the case, I gladly look forward to the original version of Bumblebee being Harry's replacement to the blue beetle :D

darkblade
2013-05-30, 10:08 PM
Song of Love and Tolerance - Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire with ponies.

Princess Celestia was the Mad Princess that Applejack (Ned Stark) and Pinkie Pie (Robert Baratheon) rebelled against and overthrew. Until her hand and royal designer (Rarity as a combined Jamie and Tywin Lannister) stabbed her in the plot gaining the infamous title of Queenslayer.

Years later Princess Pie calls upon her old friend Applejack to become her new hand. Meanwhile on the far side of the world Celestia's faithful student is marrying the Chief of a powerful Buffalo tribe and hatching dragons. Further north the long banished ancient evil of the Windigos is waking as the unwrap-upable Winter draws near.

Metahuman1
2013-05-30, 11:49 PM

...OH G-D, REAL LIFE ISN'T SAFE ANY MORE. SOMEONE STOP THEM BEFORE$HJY;?8G457;HK@&B7-CK0HV

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/008/2/7/obey_haruhi_by_kitty_666.jpg

And all the atheists wept cause now it could be PROVEN that there was a god. And 9/10 of the religious types Wept cause now there was a Divine that was not there Divine that could be proven to exist.

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-31, 03:18 AM
Song of Love and Tolerance - Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire with ponies.

On a somewhat similar note..

After his father's death, young Jon Snow trying to make his way in the world. He accidentally summons a mythic hero to serve him against six other people for a chance at a wish. Along the way he learns important life lessons, like how people die when they are killed. Also, Theon Greyjoy finally gets to bang his sister.

Since we're summoning people...

Archer helps Louise de la Valliere in her secret missions, like returning Princess Henrietta's sex tape love letters and working under (phrasing!) a very, very gay inn owner. Also, Guiche de Gaymont (err, Gramond) learns the ways of being a major douchebag. He's going to object to being called Monsieur de Gaymont? Well, the frilly shirt and rose wand beg to differ.

Tavar
2013-05-31, 01:19 PM
Since we're summoning people...

Archer helps Louise de la Valliere in her secret missions, like returning Princess Henrietta's sex tape love letters and working under (phrasing!) a very, very gay inn owner. Also, Guiche de Gaymont (err, Gramond) learns the ways of being a major douchebag. He's going to object to being called Monsieur de Gaymont? Well, the frilly shirt and rose wand beg to differ.

This one basically exists. And it started a whole craze, with everyone and their uncle being summoned. I mean, Alex Mercer, Gilgamesh, Dresden, a Sliver, each type of Exaltation or Exalted, people from Assasin's Creed, people from NGE(some from End of Evagelion)....the list goes on.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-31, 02:41 PM
Doctor Who meets Booster Gold meets the cast of Chrono Trigger.

hamishspence
2013-05-31, 02:58 PM
From an older thread in Roleplaying Games:

Snow White and the Seven Samurai.
'Nuff said.
There's actually a book called that, by Tom Holt.

SmartAlec
2013-05-31, 08:53 PM
I've said this before, but:

The Flintstones meets The Matrix.

I've got a very strong image of the Agents animated wearing black suits and ties with their legs poking out the bottom.

"And so, Mr. Flintstone, the Matrix was redesigned to this... the peak of your civilisation."

Kitten Champion
2013-05-31, 09:17 PM
The cast of Durarara!! in a Persona game.

Sith_Happens
2013-06-01, 04:01 AM
There's actually a book called that, by Tom Holt.

...So there is.:smallconfused:

The cast of Durarara!! in a Persona game.

Would Celty be a summoner or a persona?

Kitten Champion
2013-06-01, 04:17 AM
Would Celty be a summoner or a persona?

Well, given dogs, androids, and shadows can be summoners - why not a Dullahan?

Sith_Happens
2013-06-01, 06:29 AM
Well, it would sort of be fitting to have Celty be Shinra's persona. I think (I'm not terribly familiar with the Persona series).

Kitten Champion
2013-06-01, 07:28 AM
Well, it would sort of be fitting to have Celty be Shinra's persona. I think (I'm not terribly familiar with the Persona series).

Yeah, but then you kind of lose her as a PC. Actually, given that the Persona series isn't too heavy on the logic and consistency any more than Durarara, she could easily be both.

Shinra being weirdly in love with his own Persona would be pretty... I was going to say strange... but it's pretty fitting.

Magatsu Izanagi
2013-06-01, 09:38 AM
Yeah, but then you kind of lose her as a PC. Actually, given that the Persona series isn't too heavy on the logic and consistency any more than Durarara, she could easily be both.
First thing that came to mind: "Yo dawg, I heard you like Personas, so I put a Persona in your Persona so you can summon while you summon."

While we're still on the topic of Persona, I'll just leave this (http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=23446434), this (http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=25329669), and this (http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=31283813) here. Which would be more viable, Steins;Gate or Madoka Magica?

Dave Halfbreed
2013-06-01, 10:13 AM
I actually started a fanfic where Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter meets Godzilla.

Other ideas:

Indiana Jones goes back in time and meet Jack Sparrow

Darth Vader invades Oz

And I still love the idea of an epic romance between Princess Celestia and Optimus Prime

The Fellowship of the Ring attempt to overthrow Thulsa Doom

Fjolnir
2013-06-01, 10:30 AM
I actually ran into one of these completely by accident Toriko is set in the Radical Lands of Dr. McNinja...

Anderlith
2013-06-01, 03:49 PM
Conan & Khal Drogo, meet up & decide join forces to conquer each others worlds together in an epic bro-mance of them crushing there enemies, seeing them driven before them, & hearing the lamentations of the women. When the worlds are conquered they ride Drogon, Rhaegal & Viserion with Tyrion Lannister to defeat Cthulhu, all set to metal.

Don Julio Anejo
2013-06-01, 04:37 PM
This one basically exists. And it started a whole craze, with everyone and their uncle being summoned. I mean, Alex Mercer, Gilgamesh, Dresden, a Sliver, each type of Exaltation or Exalted, people from Assasin's Creed, people from NGE(some from End of Evagelion)....the list goes on.
Oh, I know - my favourite is the one with Alexander/Rider, too bad it's only 3 chapters. There's also a bunch of snippets on Spacebattles with Dragonborn as he's played in the game (i.e. playing all the game mechanics, like writing in the journal during combat).

I just think it would be absolutely hilarious with Archer; about the only character who could out-Guiche Guiche, bang anything that moves and probably help bad guys more than the good guys. I'd have written it myself long ago if I was any good at writing. Oh, and just in case there's any misconception, I meant Bob who makes burgers Sterling Archer, secret agent and not "people die when they are killed" Archer.

Metahuman1
2013-06-01, 08:52 PM
Conan & Khal Drogo, meet up & decide join forces to conquer each others worlds together in an epic bro-mance of them crushing there enemies, seeing them driven before them, & hearing the lamentations of the women. When the worlds are conquered they ride Drogon, Rhaegal & Viserion with Tyrion Lannister to defeat Cthulhu, all set to metal.

In a just universe, this would already be a novel and/or a Comic/Graphic Novel and/or a Movie and/or a TV show.

And be well done, naturally.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-01, 11:30 PM
Frodo and the Fellowship must travel the lands and face great danger to cast Souledge into Mount Doom while Aragorn tries to get Soul Calibur reforged.

Eldan
2013-06-03, 04:39 AM
The UP movie thread just reminded me of the time I tried to rewrite UP as a Lovecraft Story. Well, not the main characters. Just Muntz.

An explorer on a distant jungle continent finds traces and remains of a mythical beast, but no one believes him when he tells them it exists? He gets obsessed with it and vows not to return until he finds it? The beast evades him again and again, and so he turns to dark and evil science, to create his own race of servants?

If that's not Lovecraft, what is?

Man on Fire
2013-06-03, 07:31 AM
I foudn this yesterday on 4chan and I think it illustrates this thread perfectly.
http://i.imgur.com/OSKs2Zs.jpg

darkblade
2013-06-03, 08:32 PM
I foudn this yesterday on 4chan and I think it illustrates this thread perfectly.
http://i.imgur.com/OSKs2Zs.jpg

John Snow does kinda resemble Johnny Yong Bosch, putting on the black indeed.

blauregen
2013-06-04, 01:30 AM
'The goddamn Maidman (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/06/07/empowered-maidman-comic/) visits Gotham City and meets the Bat family' could make an interresting story.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2013-06-04, 03:03 AM

While I'm not familiar with Mass Effect, my quick misreading of the post got me thinking of Sam and Max in the universe of differently-spelled Cerebus (http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/cerebus.jpg). Who's the psychotic, yet adorable anthropomorphic animal now, Most Holy?

Eldan
2013-06-04, 05:38 AM
While I'm not familiar with Mass Effect, my quick misreading of the post got me thinking of Sam and Max in the universe of differently-spelled Cerebus (http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/cerebus.jpg). Who's the psychotic, yet adorable anthropomorphic animal now, Most Holy?

The short version is this. Hero Shepard saves the races of the galaxy from a massive extragalactic alien threat, then dies. In part two, a shady, pro-human terrorist group brings him/her back as a cyborg and give him/her a new ship. And two of their own operatives as crew.
These two happen to both be rather uptight, by-the-book and among the more boring characters in a very diverse cast. So replacing them with two psychotic anthropomorphic animals should make things a lot more interesting.

DigoDragon
2013-06-04, 06:20 AM
I'd be interested in a Firefly/Cowbow Bebop crossover. The crew of those two shows might get along well enough to accomplish getting someone they don't like blown up. :smallbiggrin:

See how the Citadel races interact with the Irkin.

Poorly I'd imagine. :smallamused:

Yes, I have spent far too much time thinking about this.

Not enough time if you ask me. :smallbiggrin:

Man on Fire
2013-06-04, 09:45 AM
I thought of new one. The Tick and Batman Beyond.
Tale of how Mad Stan joined forces with EVIL MIDNIGHT BOMBER THAT BOMBS AT MIDNIGHT!

It's probably has something to do with the fact Alchemist of my party is pretty much a lovechild of the two.

Metahuman1
2013-06-04, 11:03 AM
Entire Dr. Who Multiyverse, with the Power Rangers (ALL of them.) the Empire during the time between Episodes III and episode IV, with the Love Craft Mythos, in the DC universe pre new 52.

Eldan
2013-06-04, 12:04 PM
The good thing about the Doctor is that you can drop him into almost anything.

Sith_Happens
2013-06-04, 01:39 PM
I'd be interested in a Firefly/Cowbow Bebop crossover. The crew of those two shows might get along well enough to accomplish getting everything in a five mile radius blown up. :smallbiggrin:

Fixed that for you.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-06-06, 11:32 AM
Schlock Mercenary and _______________. Go.

Metahuman1
2013-06-06, 11:35 AM
Cast of G.I. Joe Retribution animated movie.

The Glyphstone
2013-06-06, 11:39 AM

Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM.

Eldan
2013-06-06, 12:15 PM

Unexpected. So perhaps not a Science Fiction franchise. My first instinct is always to mix Harry Dresden with everything, but that's just because Harry is the best. Something powerful, so that the Mercs don't just stomp it flat immediately, or something that would and could join them.

The cast of Mistborn. Not powerful enough, immediately, but there's crossover potential once Vin learns to put on and (ab)use Schlock Mercenary equipment.

Portal/Half-life would be a bit obvious, but there's some paralells that could be interesting. I haven't read Schlock in a while, but gravity and teleportation technology should work well with Schlock having the same. Glados would fit in nicely, too.

DigoDragon
2013-06-06, 12:27 PM
Fixed that for you.

Heh heh, thanks. :smallbiggrin:

One my wife suggested~ Doctor Who and Buck Gordot.

Anderlith
2013-06-06, 03:28 PM
Do you guys think that Harry Dresden & the Doctor would get along?

Sith_Happens
2013-06-06, 08:04 PM
Contestants: Jack Harkness vs. Ditto
Contest: Who can score with the most individuals in 24 hours (no time travel).

Similarly,

Contestants: Naruto Uzumaki vs. Nanoha Takamachi
Contest: Who can make more new friends in a week. Use of lethal force authorized.

Don Julio Anejo
2013-06-06, 09:45 PM
Contestants: Jack Harkness vs. Ditto
Contest: Who can score with the most individuals in 24 hours (no time travel).
A certain suit-wearing, god knows what he does for a living, architect's best friend, the legen- wait for it.. -DARY Barney Stinson would like a word.

Then Barney meets the Doctor and "Oh my god, you walk out on the street wearing THAT? Gianni Versace must be turning in his grave. We're going to buy you a suit."

HamHam
2013-06-06, 10:11 PM

Probably not.

1) Doctor doesn't believe in magic.
2) I don't think either of them likes being upstaged, or having some else try to pull the mysterious stranger act on them.

Contestants: Naruto Uzumaki vs. Nanoha Takamachi
Contest: Who can make more new friends in a week. Use of lethal force authorized.

Please, Nanoha no contest. Even if we ignore Naruto's mental deficiencies, no amount of jutsu can compete with the space ship destroying mega friendship laser.

Sith_Happens
2013-06-06, 11:00 PM
Please, Nanoha no contest. Even if we ignore Naruto's mental deficiencies, no amount of jutsu can compete with the space ship destroying mega friendship laser.

Not even this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnJ5daNwyM)?

Of course, that's probably how such a competition would end: The two of them start gunning for the same opponent, end up fighting each other, soon enough a Starlight Breaker and Bijuu Bomb collide with each other...

End result:
She's a dimension-hopping magician dressed suspiciously like a Gundam. He's an orphaned ninja trying to find true peace. They fight crime.

Anderlith
2013-06-07, 03:10 AM
Probably not.

1) Doctor doesn't believe in magic.
2) I don't think either of them likes being upstaged, or having some else try to pull the mysterious stranger act on them.

While I won't argue your second point, in the Shakespeare episode the Doctor clearly believes in magic, it's just another facet of reality. This is much the opinion of Harry Dresden as well.

Kato
2013-06-07, 03:59 AM
A certain suit-wearing, god knows what he does for a living, architect's best friend, the legen- wait for it.. -DARY Barney Stinson would like a word.

Then Barney meets the Doctor and "Oh my god, you walk out on the street wearing THAT? Gianni Versace must be turning in his grave. We're going to buy you a suit."

Barney has a way more limited range of targets. Harkness/Ditto can mate with about anything where Barney (for the most part) only gets stupid, female hot chicks. Unless they have this contest in Hollywood he's probably out of luck then.
(Well, I have no idea how smart you have to be to mate with a Ditto but still...)

BWR
2013-06-07, 08:58 AM
While I won't argue your second point, in the Shakespeare episode the Doctor clearly believes in magic, it's just another facet of reality.

Ah, the good old episode that ignore the Doctor being a friend of the Bard, as mentioned in City of Death and Planet of Evil.

Eldan
2013-06-07, 09:13 AM
Well, that could be the Episode where they first became met, then became friends later in Shakespeare's timeline.

thethird
2013-06-07, 09:15 AM
Tavi (Codex Alera) & Ender (Ender's Game) vs Zerg (Starcraft) & Tyranids (WH40K)

Because the Vord and the Buggers were not enough.

Add some starship troopers for cannon fodder.

Eldan
2013-06-07, 10:54 AM
Movie Troopers, I assume? Because book Starship troopers are some of the least cannonfoddery troops around.

thethird
2013-06-07, 11:21 AM
Yep, movie troopers, although the book ones would be interesting too.

BWR
2013-06-07, 12:15 PM
Well, that could be the Episode where they first became met, then became friends later in Shakespeare's timeline.

Except that the Doctor seemed star-struck and all the dialogue indicated that this was the first time they'd met.

I'm pretty sure "Trial of a Time Lord" sequence was the first time (apart from the Three/Five Doctors) they had wonky timelines about how people met.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-06-07, 12:30 PM
Not after Harry accidentally hexes the sonic and Sexy.

Eldan
2013-06-07, 03:15 PM
I just want to see the aneurysm Morgan gets when he finds out how often the Doctor has broken the Laws.

darkblade
2013-06-07, 03:41 PM
I just want to see the aneurysm Morgan gets when he finds out how often the Doctor has broken the Laws.

Never, to break the laws of magic you have to use magic. The Doctor uses sufficiently advanced science. They are only indistinguishable until you are familiar enough with one of them to use it everyday.

Eldan
2013-06-07, 03:56 PM
I'm not so sure. I'd say the council would be quite opposed to reaching beyond the outer gates and swimming against the currents of time with technology.

Tavar
2013-06-07, 04:50 PM
I'm not so sure. I'd say the council would be quite opposed to reaching beyond the outer gates and swimming against the currents of time with technology.

How would the out gates thing be invoked?

As for time, that would be trickier, but there are a couple methods to mitigate it. I mean, TimeLords apparently know what things can be changed, and what can't, which would appear to be the main issue with time travel for Desdenverse beings. Hell, it could be one of those general exceptions(because unlike other methods of time travel, you don't automatically risk blowing up rverything).

Oh, and remember, the laws generally only pertain to Human Wizards.

Eldan
2013-06-07, 04:53 PM
You know, first i thought "Would the council believe the Doctor isn't human?"

Then, "Of course they would".

Then: "Damn. Soul-gazing the Doctor."

Metahuman1
2013-06-07, 06:24 PM
I'm reasonably certain at least three members of the senior councils brains would explode if they tried it. Not cause they'd screw it up or cause The Doctor made any deliberate attempts to do anything, just that they couldn't handle some of the stuff in there.

Anderlith
2013-06-07, 06:31 PM
... fire & ice & the heart of the storm... yeah lol something like that :P