PDA

View Full Version : HELP Solidifying Final Builds:

Os1ris09
2013-05-22, 08:06 PM
As we all know in order to have as an effective character as possible forward thought must be taken into account. So here I have 2 builds that need some fine tuning and some recommendations. Please leave comments as to what I can do to help solidify them.

Campaign LVL CAP: 30

Book 1 (1-10)
Book 2 (10-20)
Book 3 (20-30)

Materials Allowed:
Core + Complete Series (Although please do make all suggestions and leave sources so that I can ask if DM will allow)

Build 1:

Race: Elf (person is stuck on elf so just go with it lol :smallconfused: )
Paladin 2 / Sorcerer 4 / Spellsword 1 / Abjurant Champion 5 (need 18 more lvls to advance sorcerer casting and BAB)

Feats:
1st - Power Attack
3rd - Improved Toughness
6th - Combat Casting
9th - Somatic Weaponry
12th - Divine Might

Build 2:

Race: Human
Domains: Travel/Knowledge/Strength
Cloistered Cleric 1 / Warlock 1 / C-Cleric 3 / Eldritch Disciple 10

Feats:
No idea though I would like to take advantage of DMM Persist if DM allows and use the Glaivelock Idea with this build.

Any suggestions on either build or recommendations would be awesome.

Waker
2013-05-22, 08:16 PM
Build 1:

Race: Elf (person is stuck on elf so just go with it lol :smallconfused: )
Paladin 2 / Sorcerer 4 / Spellsword 1 / Abjurant Champion 5 (need 18 more lvls to advance sorcerer casting and BAB)

Feats:
1st - Power Attack
3rd - Improved Toughness
6th - Combat Casting
9th - Somatic Weaponry
12th - Divine Might
Well, technically speaking you only need 8 levels of a class to progress BAB and spellcasting. After level 20, everyone gets the same BAB and saves. Anyways, you could go Eldritch Knight or Swiftblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327). After that I'd suggest a pure caster PrC like Archmage, Divine Oracle or something of that nature.

Build 2:

Race: Human
Domains: Travel/Knowledge/Strength
Cloistered Cleric 1 / Warlock 1 / C-Cleric 3 / Eldritch Disciple 10

Feats:
No idea though I would like to take advantage of DMM Persist if DM allows and use the Glaivelock Idea with this build.

Any suggestions on either build or recommendations would be awesome.
What exactly do you want out of this build? Did you want to be a melee monster or focus more on spells? Either way, look at Bone Knight from Five Nations (Eberron) which will let you progress some decent combat options with tons of undead support. Contemplative gives you access to more domains which can be useful depending on what you are interested in.

Keld Denar
2013-05-22, 09:09 PM
You don't need Somatic Weaponry if you are using a 2hander (which no self respecting Sorcadin wouldn't). Simply take one hand off your sword, cast your spell, put your hand back on your sword, and continue to beat faces. The weapon should be slashing, so that you can use it as the focus of Whirling Blade, the best gish mid-ranged attack spell.

A great alternative to it might be Law Devotion (assuming traditional pally). It'll use some of your TU attempts normally spent on Divine Might, but the benefits are pretty substantial. Otherwise, Arcane Preperation is pretty popular because it opens up Greater Luminous Armor as an option which benefits greatly from Abjurant Armor, especially if the DM won't let regular Mage Armor work with it.

Os1ris09
2013-05-22, 10:22 PM
What exactly do you want out of this build? Did you want to be a melee monster or focus more on spells? Either way, look at Bone Knight from Five Nations (Eberron) which will let you progress some decent combat options with tons of undead support. Contemplative gives you access to more domains which can be useful depending on what you are interested in.

Bone Knight is out already. I tried to make the Bone Knight Ordained Champion build work but since our DM is campaign specific I can't use bone knight. If you're familiar with the Drow Wars Campaign setting then you have a better guildeline as to what environment Im playing in.

What I want to do is be able to stand on the front lines if need be using DMM persist + Divine Might / Power but my primary focus is to use my EB and just buff the party.

@ Keld Denar: I think Arcane Preperation is probably best.

Any advice on how to fill out the builds though to lvl 30 and feat options?