PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon

Ruethgar
2013-05-22, 09:44 PM
Is the Chameleon considered an arcane spellcaster, divine spellcaster, neither or both?

Xervous
2013-05-22, 10:00 PM
They are considered Divine when they have Divine Focus active, and Arcane when they have Arcane Focus active. This way they can count as neither, either, or both depending on what foci they have active.

TaiLiu
2013-05-22, 10:03 PM
For most purposes and intentions, neither.

You can't use any abilities gained from your aptitude focus, ability boon, or mimic class feature abilities to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other option.

Ruethgar
2013-05-22, 10:24 PM
Danke TaiLiu, that is what I was looking for. I must have skipped over that and went straight to the class features. I found a way for a sorcerer to be both arcane and divine for Mystic Thurge, was just checking other classes.

Turion
2013-05-22, 11:24 PM
Danke TaiLiu, that is what I was looking for. I must have skipped over that and went straight to the class features. I found a way for a sorcerer to be both arcane and divine for Mystic Thurge, was just checking other classes.

If you're looking for a class that counts as both arcane and divine, Sha'ir from Dragon Compendium may help you out as well. It gains the ability to cast both arcane and divine spells, and, IIRC, has text stating that it explicitly counts as such for PrC's.