PDA

View Full Version : Reality of Blood Money (PF)

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-23, 12:47 PM
Ok, so reading the blood money trick that lets two level 17 clerics get unlimited material components for spells got me thinking.

I can do better.

Character, Life Leech Sadist Vitalist 15

Feats
Overchannel

Items
Wand of Blood Money
Power Stone of Reality Revision
Rabbit.

Step 1
The character uses the sadist's ability to force the rabbit into the collective.

Step 2
The character completes the first two steps of casting a power from a power stone, using the power stone of reality revision.

Step 3
The character uses the wand of blood money to create the material components for reality revision.

Step 4
The character uses the 9th level life leech ability to deal the strength damage TO THE RABBIT.

Step 4
The character uses reality revision by overchanneling, and gives himself +5 to all stats and all the wealth he wishes. He creates material components for any magic or psionic items he wishes to make in his spare time.

mregecko
2013-05-23, 12:52 PM
Ok, so reading the blood money trick that lets two level 17 clerics get unlimited material components for spells got me thinking.

I can do better.

Character, Life Leech Sadist Vitalist 15

Feats
Overchannel

Items
Wand of Blood Money
Power Stone of Reality Revision
Rabbit.

Step 1
The character uses the sadist's ability to force the rabbit into the collective.

Step 2
The character completes the first two steps of casting a power from a power stone, using the power stone of reality revision.

Step 3
The character uses the wand of blood money to create the material components for reality revision.

Step 4
The character uses the 9th level life leech ability to deal the strength damage TO THE RABBIT.

Step 4
The character uses reality revision by overchanneling, and gives himself +5 to all stats and all the wealth he wishes. He creates material components for any magic or psionic items he wishes to make in his spare time.

Not 100% sure, but pretty sure that Wand of Blood Money has been ruled to not work because it's not a swift action, but a standard action.... Therefore you don't start casting a spell the same round, and the Blood Money casting is useless. (Unless of course you use it to power a swift action spell after the standard action Blood Money casting).

EDIT: Yeah, I'm pretty sure action economy screws up this plan.

Wand of Blood Money: Standard Action
Power stone of Reality Revision: Standard Action
Life Leech: Immediate Action (so your swift action for the round)

Unless I'm missing something here (totally possible).

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-23, 12:59 PM
You appear the be right, much to me dissatisfaction.

Therefore, we must dip one level of sorcerer and take a torque of power preservation.

Looking at this, it may be possible at lower level that 15 with ML boosting gear. The ability to spend 17 PP is all that is needed.

mregecko
2013-05-23, 01:01 PM
You appear the be right, much to me dissatisfaction.

Therefore, we must dip one level of sorcerer and take a torque of power preservation.

Looking at this, it may be possible at lower level that 15 with ML boosting gear. The ability to spend 17 PP is all that is needed.

Still not sure this works (just edited my original post).... Life Leech uses an immediate action, which counts as your swift action if used during your turn.

Can't have two swift actions and a standard. :-\

mregecko
2013-05-23, 01:07 PM
However, it would work if you had a 9th level Vitalist Cohort who was also a member of your collective... They could use their immediate action to redirect damage happening to you to the bunny rabbit.

A one feat tax isn't too bad.

So final trick:

15th level Sorc1/Vitalist14 (with some ML boost items)
9th level cohort
bunny

Force bunny into collective.
Cast Blood Money from Sorc list
Cohort uses Life Leech to redirect damage to bunny
Use Power Stone of Reality Revision w/Overchannel
Repeat for as many castings of Blood Money as you have as a Sorc 1.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-24, 03:41 PM
Ok, in looking and thinking further, I think I have found a way to do this with one person and no levels in sorcerer.

I present to you...

Hustle Power metapsionic.

Now, this solves the action economy issue. You can use a wand as a standard action, divert the damage with your swift action, and still have a move action to manifest Reality Revision.

The problem raised is a higher manifester level needed (must spend 21PP) and the need to expend 2 psionic focuses. Both of these issues are surmountable.

You need the following feats
- Hustle Power Metapsionic
- Psicrystal Affinity
- Psi Crystal Containment
- Overchannel

Items Required
psicrystal staff with a Setting Stone of Invigoration (+1ML)
Torc of Power Preservation - -1pp needed
Wand or scroll of Blood Money
Rabbit

Level 16 Vitalist (Sadist, Life Leech)

Carth
2013-05-24, 04:03 PM
Theoretically any spellcaster that gets blood money is capable of using it without repercussion

12 native strength
6 belt
5 inherent (or start with 17 native strength)
10 form of the dragon 3 (size bonus)
10 blood rage (morale bonus)
6 ring of inner fortitude (effectively)
2 ability boon from succubus
51 total strength, then cast heal to cast wish again. Depending on what spells your list gives you access to you might need to acquire items granting you some of the above spells, though. It also requires you to pony up for that first initial inherent bonus. Though perhaps there's another source of strength out there lurking that could be used instead.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-24, 05:26 PM
Yes, but I have done it at 16th level. Wizards get wish and clerics get miracle at 17th level.

With more manifester level boosting or PP saving tricks we could drop the starting level even more.

And I can get TO that +5 inherent bonus to strength without spending most the build or even permanently assigning feats to do so. At 16th level you can Psi reform to get the feats as you want, then do so again to rebuild back to what you had.

Carth
2013-05-24, 05:52 PM
Huh, I wouldn't have figured they would keep that around in PF. It gets the added nicety of not costing exp too, then.

The Random NPC
2013-05-25, 05:10 AM
I'm not sure it applies to Pathfinder, but in 3.5 it was clarified that it takes a swift action to use wands of swift spells.