PDA

View Full Version : Best forms for a Master of Many Forms?

Mcdt2
2013-05-23, 08:22 PM
As title. I have 7 levels into the MoMF, and have 17 HD worth of wildshaping levels (although this campaign will go until level 30). With MoMF, I can take Tiny through Huge forms, and the forms of animals, humanoids, giants, monstrous humanoids, fey, vermin, aberrations, and plants (I will gain ooze, elemental, dragon soon enough though.) Also, I gain the EX Qualities of the wildshape forms in addition to the usual benefits.

What are the best things to shape into (please give sources)? I need forms good for a variety of uses, such as regular combat, mass combat, sieges, stealth, etc.

Urpriest
2013-05-23, 08:28 PM
Have you seen this (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528526/updated_Master_of_Many_Forms_Bible__official_wild_ shape_rules)?

MirddinEmris
2013-05-23, 10:54 PM
Cat is a very good scout - nice racial bonuses plus bonuses from size, combined with Darkstalker make you a very competent scout for your party. As battle forms goes, i prefer Cryohydra ( available with Frozen Wildshape feat from Frostburn), but that really depend on those who are you fighting with.

Master of many forms bible, link to which Urpriest was so kind to provide, certainly is a way to go, it's got a list of forms available for each level and sort them in different categories (adventuring, combat, etc)

Srasy
2013-05-24, 12:44 AM
Something I found on the interwebs
http://i.imgur.com/cu6q9RM.jpg

Waker
2013-05-24, 09:02 AM
I think aberrations have some of the best scouting forms.
Will'O'Wisps are natural invisible, flying and itty bitty. Being magic immune it pretty swanky.
Mimics can let you disguise yourself as whatever happens to be in the area. Want to sit in on the bad guys during a meeting? Turn yourself into a table.

Chen
2013-05-24, 10:08 AM
I believe the War Troll in MM3 is an exceptional combat form for a Master of Many Forms. If you can cast energy immunity Acid you're pretty set as well.

Chronos
2013-05-24, 01:28 PM
Will-o-wisp is superb, if you have decent spellcasting (and Natural Spell, of course, but that goes without saying). Invisibility and flight makes you safe from most mundanes, and spell immunity makes you mostly safe from spellcasters, while you can still nuke everyone else with your own spells.