PDA

View Full Version : What are Hellbred good at class wise?

CyberThread
2013-05-23, 09:05 PM
What sort of classes are served well by the hellbred race?

SaintRidley
2013-05-23, 09:10 PM
Well, you can pick your good stat between Con and Cha, if I remember right, so anything served well by a bonus to those is pretty happy to be Hellbred.

Depending on how broadly your DM interprets their ability to function as evil when beneficial (I'm pretty sure this is one of their abilities, I'm away from book - the idea is to let them survive Blasphemy even if good), you might be able to nab some feats or PrCs that otherwise require you to be evil and mix them with things that otherwise you couldn't.

BowStreetRunner
2013-05-23, 09:29 PM
Read the Fear Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0) and then take a look at a Hellbred with the Infernal Aspect: Spirit which gets both a +2 to CHA and a +2 to Intimidate checks. That should give you some good ideas. Enjoy!

Gildedragon
2013-05-23, 10:59 PM
Fluffwise: Pally isn't bad with either aspect. And Binder fits to a T.

ksbsnowowl
2013-05-26, 03:34 PM
Warlock is fitting.

I have a character concept I want to play someday:
Hellbred Cleric/Warlock/Eldritch Disciple/Hellfire Warlock

He struggles with the temptation of dark powers, but eventually tames them for good (using the Hellfire Blast for Healing Blasts, etc).

BowStreetRunner
2013-05-26, 11:21 PM
Warlock is fitting.

I have a character concept I want to play someday:
Hellbred Cleric/Warlock/Eldritch Disciple/Hellfire Warlock

He struggles with the temptation of dark powers, but eventually tames them for good (using the Hellfire Blast for Healing Blasts, etc).

This would be interesting with the +6 untyped bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate from Beguiling Influence as well. Bluff and Intimidate are class skills for Warlcok, while Diplomacy is a class skill for Cleric, and all three are class skills for Eldritch Disciple. So you could have a character who makes a good blaster (Hellfire Blast), healer (Healing Blast) and social skill-monkey (high CHA, Intimidate bonus, and Beguiling Influence). Might be a welcome addition to most parties.

Tvtyrant
2013-05-27, 12:34 AM
I wonder if you could use Hellbred on a Malconvoker to replace your bluff check on summons? You are treated as evil already!

Miranius
2013-05-27, 12:56 AM
The spirit branch of the hellbred gains mindsight at a later level plus a very nice Darkvision, so any kind of scout would benefit immensly.
I`ve made a hellbred (unseely-fey) factotum build with it and it came out very nicely. Going by stats alone you might want to look at either melee (com+) or charismatic (bard, sorcerer, cleric with good turning) classes.