PDA

View Full Version : 1st Level Wizard Spells Known

joca4christ
2013-05-23, 09:07 PM
Pretty much what it says on the tin. I can find how many spells a first level wizard can cast per day. I can see where it says a wizard learns 2 spells known every time he adds a level. What I can't find is how many spells a wizard knows at level one. Can you help me?

Story
2013-05-23, 09:11 PM
It's 3+Int mod (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/sorcererWizard.htm).

joca4christ
2013-05-23, 09:17 PM
Thank you!

Yogibear41
2013-05-27, 12:52 AM
there is a feat that increases this amount to 6+int I believe, I think its Collegiate wizard or something like that, it also increases the amount of spells you learn each level.

CRtwenty
2013-05-27, 12:54 AM
A wizard begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard spells (except those from her prohibited school or schools, if any; see School Specialization, below) plus three 1st-level spells of your choice. For each point of Intelligence bonus the wizard has, the spellbook holds one additional 1st-level spell of your choice. At each new wizard level, she gains two new spells of any spell level or levels that she can cast (based on her new wizard level) for her spellbook. At any time, a wizard can also add spells found in other wizards’ spellbooks to her own.

From the SRD.

Harrow
2013-05-27, 12:55 AM
Collegiate Wizard is from Complete Arcane and is very useful if you have a DM who doesn't use Magic Marts so you have difficulty getting scrolls of spells you want to copy.