PDA

View Full Version : Tripping with 2 handed weapons

Vendarien
2013-05-23, 09:38 PM
If I am in range and want to trip some1 while using a 2 handed weapon do I have to drop the weapon to make unarmed touch attack or could I keep ahold of it with the other hand.

Waker
2013-05-23, 09:41 PM
If I am in range and want to trip some1 while using a 2 handed weapon do I have to drop the weapon to make unarmed touch attack or could I keep ahold of it with the other hand.

Nothing specifies that you need to use your hands for the trip attempt, so that would be a no. Also note that if your weapon has the trip property, you can use it in place of the unarmed touch attack.

Vendarien
2013-05-23, 09:43 PM
My weapon dose not have the property I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to drop the 2h weapon to get one hand free for an unarmed attack.

eggynack
2013-05-23, 10:21 PM
You probably should pick up a tripping weapon of some kind, because they tend to be pretty sweet. Tripping is an ability that works best on a reach weapon, which fists are not. Generally, the best options are guisarme at martial, and spiked chain at exotic.

Cranthis
2013-05-23, 10:34 PM
He is trying to make a jedi, so he won't do any chains or anything. I've allready tried.

Gavinfoxx
2013-05-23, 10:37 PM
If you want to be a jedi, you should be a dominant ideal Ardent with this mantle:

The Force (Force Mantle)
Granted Power: While psionically focused, you gain a +1 deflection bonus to your Armor Class.
1.Detect Psionics (1): You detect the presence of psionics.
2.Know Direction & Location (1): You discover where you are and what direction you face.
3.Mindlink (1): You forge a limited mental bond with another creature.
4.Vigor (1): Gain 5 temporary hit points.
5.Psionic Suggestion (2): Compels subject to follow stated course of action.
6.Read Thoughts (2): Detect surface thoughts of creatures in range.
7.Telekinetic Maneuver (4): Telekinetically bull rush, disarm, grapple, or trip your target.
8.Psionic Divination (4): Provides useful advice for specific proposed action.
9.Correspond (4): Hold mental conversation with another creature at any distance.
10.Remote Viewing (4): See, hear, and potentially interact with subjects at a distance.

And a Lightsaber is a:

Feycraft Adamantine +1 Hideaway Shocking Flaming Parrying Defending Longsword.

Remember you can use a longsword one handed or two handed.

And just use..

"Telekinetic Maneuver (4): Telekinetically bull rush, disarm, grapple, or trip your target." like the Jedi in the movies do...