PDA

View Full Version : Auramancer?

Valwyn
2013-05-23, 09:46 PM
Is there a way to build a (decently) effective character based on auras? Ideally it would be a meele character, so no or little casting. I was thinking maybe Marshal 3/Dragon Shaman 4/Dragon Lord 1/Legendary Leader 1/Outcast Champion 1/Mystic Exemplar (Reikhardt) 3/Dragon Slayer 1, but it's open to changes.

A constant/at will fear aura would be great. Maybe Dreadful Wrath?

What do you think, Playground? Is it possible to build something along these lines or is it a waste of time?

Amnestic
2013-05-23, 09:56 PM
Make sure you grab the Double Draconic Aura feat (Dragon Magic) if you intend to have the Dragon Shaman levels.

limejuicepowder
2013-05-23, 10:03 PM
A melee-oriented bard would be very solid, if you're open to a little bit of refluffing. Inspire courage is basically an aura, it just not at-will.

Malroth
2013-05-23, 10:08 PM
well if you're using something like Perform(acting) you could keep it up all day long as a free action with a single use of bardic music.

Valwyn
2013-05-23, 10:11 PM
Make sure you grab the Double Draconic Aura feat (Dragon Magic) if you intend to have the Dragon Shaman levels.

Of course. :smallbiggrin:
Also considering other aura feats, like Draconic Aura, Dilate Aura, and Expaded Aura of Courage.

A melee-oriented bard would be very solid, if you're open to a little bit of refluffing. Inspire courage is basically an aura, it just not at-will.

Refluffing is fine by me, but you only get so many uses of Inspire Courage. I guess you could always take Extra Music (?) and an Echo Crystal Blade.