PDA

View Full Version : safe flaws for a crusader?

CyberThread
2013-05-23, 11:55 PM
what are safe fully legal flaws for a crusader to take?

Jeff the Green
2013-05-23, 11:57 PM
Technically, any of them are legal. Personally, I'd take Pathetic (Dexterity), Shaky, or Vulnerable.

TuggyNE
2013-05-23, 11:58 PM
This old discussion has some good ideas; start with Shaky, probably.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-05-23, 11:59 PM
Shaky is the usual go to flaw for melee characters, I'm also rather fond of vulnerable (-1 AC, not that bad and I usually fluff it as being an aggressive fighter who doesn't really defend himself) or frail (-1 HP/level).

Zaq
2013-05-24, 12:11 AM
Vulnerable actually kinda hurts at low levels, when AC is harder to boost and much more likely to be relevant. By mid levels, it's totally ignorable, but I'd think twice before taking it right out of the box. (You totally might decide that it's worth it anyway, and I wouldn't categorically disagree, but definitely think hard about it.)

Dusk Eclipse
2013-05-24, 12:31 AM
I usually play in games that start around level 5-6 ish,by that point the AC penalty of vulnerable is much more manageable.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-05-24, 02:18 AM
Shaky, since their maneuvers have basically 0 ranged support anyway.

Poor Reflexes hurts an already bad save, but...who cares about reflex? You have hit points for that!

Murky-Eyed depending on the game might not become an issue enough for it to actually be painful.

Inattentive is incredibly non-punishing if you had no hope at spot and listen checks anyway.

only1doug
2013-05-24, 06:19 AM
If your group isn't into rocket tag (whoever goes first wins) then unreactive could work.

Some say that initiative is king and must be maxed out but it's so swingy that you can optimise it and still lose out due to bad rolling.

Invader
2013-05-24, 08:37 AM
Vulnerable actually kinda hurts at low levels, when AC is harder to boost and much more likely to be relevant. By mid levels, it's totally ignorable, but I'd think twice before taking it right out of the box. (You totally might decide that it's worth it anyway, and I wouldn't categorically disagree, but definitely think hard about it.)

A high AC isn't usually something a crusader shoots for anyway so it really wouldn't hurt.