PDA

View Full Version : The (TF2) Uber-charge: How?

qwertyu63
2013-05-24, 07:48 AM
I am building the TF2 Medic, and am trying to find a way recreate the Uber-Charge (Basically immune to damage for a short time, for those that don't know). I have the Cleric and Bard lists at my disposal (gestalt), and would like to do it at as low a level as possible. Right now the closest I have is the 1st level Cleric spell Sanctuary, but that also stops the target from attacking. Thank you in advance. (A high DR would work as well, I need to stop damage)

MukkTB
2013-05-24, 07:56 AM
You should change your thread name. It sounds like you're talking about the uber-charger. On these boards its a sometimes theoretical fighter who stacks complementary feats like power attack, shock trooper, pounce, and leap attack to do massive damage when charging the enemy.

qwertyu63
2013-05-24, 08:00 AM
You should change your thread name. It sounds like you're talking about the uber-charger. On these boards its a sometimes theoretical fighter who stacks complementary feats like power attack, shock trooper, pounce, and leap attack to do massive damage when charging the enemy.

It is done.

TreesOfDeath
2013-05-24, 08:02 AM
Buff spells? Maybe something in a splat?

Zjordan85
2013-05-24, 08:05 AM
Delay Death (Cleric 3 or Cleric 4, depending on the book): Prevents you from dying due to negative hit points

PLUS

Beastland Ferocity (Bard 1): Allows you to act normally at negative hit points

Congrats, you can ignore your HP score so long as you have a way to get back to at least -9 before Delay Death expires

(Disclaimer: anything that would kill you in any other fashion will still work, this is strictly for HP damage)

qwertyu63
2013-05-24, 08:13 AM
Delay Death (Cleric 3 or Cleric 4, depending on the book): Prevents you from dying due to negative hit points

PLUS

Beastland Ferocity (Bard 1): Allows you to act normally at negative hit points

Congrats, you can ignore your HP score so long as you have a way to get back to at least -9 before Delay Death expires

(Disclaimer: anything that would kill you in any other fashion will still work, this is strictly for HP damage)

That is perfect... And I can get them (Because I'm not doing this on myself, no sir :smallbiggrin:) back up afterward (Healing Touch). I just need to reach level 5.

Zjordan85
2013-05-24, 08:16 AM
You're welcome.

Had a cleric recently with a bard cohort. Ended up having to use this on himself to try and save the party from a TPK due to Succubus.

Was at -300 before the spells let out, I decided that was as epic a death as he was going to get.

Larkas
2013-05-24, 08:33 AM
If you consider temporary hit points as a buffer against damage, you might want to take a look at T.G.Oskar's retooled Healer.

Waker
2013-05-24, 08:51 AM
If you consider temporary hit points as a buffer against damage, you might want to take a look at [thread=133118]T.G.Oskar's retooled Healer[/topic].

Fixed your link.
T.G.Oskar's retooled Healer

Larkas
2013-05-24, 09:09 AM
Fixed your link.
T.G.Oskar's retooled Healer

Oooooops! :smallredface:

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-24, 09:18 AM
Cleric 19 / divine bard 1 with DMM persisit silliness can NOT DIE, like ever.

If you can DMM persist 4 spells per day (MM reducers and night sticks) you can maintain overlapping instances. Then get spellperrying to remove the possibility of dispelling.

Xervous
2013-05-24, 12:46 PM
Also, remember to put lots of points in spot and listen, because your heavy is likely to have a negative modifier on his roll...

Seriously, they are directionally unaware half the time.

TuggyNE
2013-05-24, 06:56 PM
Didn't we just already have this exact thread yesterday? THIS EXACT THREAD.

Larkas
2013-05-24, 07:12 PM

:smalleek: Weird!

qwertyu63
2013-05-24, 07:40 PM

:smalleek: ... He's in the game this is for...