PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time, 3 Heart Challenge, Log

Razanir
2013-05-24, 02:21 PM
I'm already getting bored from summer, so I challenged myself. A 3 heart challenge in OoT. I've done them before, and in Master Quest even, but I didn't have many restrictions. That time the only rule was I could not increase my max health beyond 3 hearts, which meant I could even get up to 3 heart pieces. The only one I got was to get the biggest quiver. This time I made things more interesting.

Banned Items:
*Capacity upgrades
*Biggoron's Sword
*Heart Containers
*Heart Pieces
*Sequence breaking glitches
*Double defense

Banned items that may be unbanned if it gets too tough:
*Bottled fairies

Restricted items:
*Din's Fire may only be used to solve puzzles. NOT as a weapon.

Log:
Deku Tree:
Um... This is laughably easy. The most difficult it got was missing the web once and taking an entire 30 seconds to kill Gohma. (I didn't know yet about power crouch stabs)

Dodongo's Cavern:
I almost died. But then I went outside to heal. Also, I'm bad at finding items. I missed the compass at first. And unlike my first runthrough on Twilight Princess, I didn't have a compass to help. (About that... I needed the compass to find the dungeon map in the first dungeon in TP) In more awesome news, though, you know how in the second lizarflos room there's a ledge out over the first room? I fought them there :smallcool:

Jabu Jabu's Belly:
Big Octo's normally my least favorite miniboss. A bit of help from a guide to learn a strategy, and I only lost 1.5 hearts in the fight. The rest of the dungeon's easy, though.

Razanir
2013-05-24, 02:29 PM
Forest Temple:
I'll fess up. I died. Four times. Three of them against the first two stalfloses. But I did a soft reset each time, so my death counter's still at 000. The other death was me having horrible aim in Dead Man's Volley and getting curbstomped by Phantom Ganon on my first try.

I do the Water Temple before the Fire Temple. It's NOT a sequence break, because both are legitimately available. I always go here first because I've never needed the Megaton Hammer in the Water Temple, but the Longshot is always useful.

Ice Cavern:
Wait, there's no rolling boulders? My reaction at first. I'm used to Master Quest. Overall, not so bad. One bottle actually wasn't as inconvenient as you'd think.

Water Temple:
Wait, there's no stalfloses? They really go easy on you in Regular Quest... I almost died again, though. I had to warp to the Temple of Time, become Young Link, warp to Sacred Forest Meadow, and fight two mad scrubs just to easily heal without the threat of a rogue moblin. I can't wait until I get the Nocturne of Shadow. Also, did you know Morpha can one-shot you in a 3 heart challenge? The stakes weren't "I SHOULDN'T get hit." They were "I MUSTN'T get hit."

*CURRENT STOPPING POINT*