PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good class(es) for a melee Warforged?

Reavent
2013-05-24, 02:48 PM
As the title says whats a good class(es)/prestige class(es) for a melee warforged? ToB is allowed but not the classes, maneuvers/stances can be gained through Martial Study and the other feats in the book as usable. I'm starting at 5th level and I plan on taking the 1st lvl Warforged Fighter Racial Sub Level (+3 Initiative and will saves against fear is nice IMO) I would consider dipping into Barbarian for Whirly Frenzy and maybe pounce. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Seharvepernfan
2013-05-24, 03:05 PM
Well, a warforged who can't take ToB classes who plans on being a barbarian and fighter would make a damn fine warforged juggernaut, and you can start it next level.

Prime32
2013-05-24, 09:07 PM
Well, a warforged who can't take ToB classes who plans on being a barbarian and fighter would make a damn fine warforged juggernaut, and you can start it next level.Warforged juggernaut also synergises pretty neatly with the Dungeoncrasher fighter ACF from Dungeonscape. Both of them grant bonuses to bull rush and let you deal damage when you succeed.

gorfnab
2013-05-24, 10:40 PM
Psychic Warrior can work nicely with Warforged.

marcielle
2013-05-25, 08:42 AM
Barbarian is nice since warforged are immmune to fatigue.
You should totally go Pounce + ShockTrooper if you have the choice.

Mato
2013-05-25, 10:26 AM
Spellcaster!

Gish it. As a Construct you can use Alter Self to turn into Animated Objects, thus obtain the special extraordinary ability called Hardness that lets you use your object-only hardness value even through your a creature. It's better than damage reduction. And by the time you can cast 8th level spells you can cast Golem Immunity, this gives you an ability much like the name. Total protection from any spell that checks spell resistance, and if you choose iron then nuking your self with fire damage heals & grants temporary hit points.

Edit - The real Lord of Blades makes use of the Artificer Class which can create scrolls to do all the above. Plus you'd net a shoulder cannon.

Tegannie
2013-05-25, 10:58 AM
My boyfriend is playing a warforged paladin/exorcist of the silver flame and its working really well. He replaced the mount with charging smite and has a holy weapon. He does a lot of damage against evil things and okay damage against non evil things, but he is practically invincible: he is immune to a lot and what he isn't immune to he usually has a high save.

Slipperychicken
2013-05-25, 11:19 AM
Barbarian is nice since warforged are immmune to fatigue.

Also, you get to be an angry killbot who drinks all the time. Kind of like Bender, only with more murder.

danzibr
2013-05-25, 11:56 AM
Depends what you want, but I'd say Totemist.

Piggy Knowles
2013-05-25, 01:33 PM
For melee? Totemist and artificer are my personal favorites. Artificer in particular is excellent, due to the ability to use many infusions on yourself that you otherwise couldn't. It's especially good if you can use the Races of Eberron sub levels, which include:

1. Infuse self. +1 CL on any infusion that effects you.

2. Tools of War. First, you automatically repair damage anytime you use an infusion. Second, your craft reserve is effectively doubled. Seriously, any time you use your craft reserve on a construct (including on yourself) or on magic weapons and armor, each points counts as 2 XP. That's really, really nice.

3. Craft Weapon Familiar. Weapon familiars are surprisingly cool.

EDIT: Just re-checked Craft Weapon Familiar, and realized that it replaces Retain Essence. That's not worth dropping. I'd just take the first two sub levels, and not the third.

The Viscount
2013-05-25, 03:45 PM
A one-level dip in soul eater might be worth considering. A two-feat tax for entry, but energy drain is pretty vicious. If it can be used as part of a full attack (which it probably can't, but hey) it becomes even better.

Azernak0
2013-05-25, 04:18 PM
Whirling Frenzy Wolf Spirit Lion Totem (Or Bear Totem for Improved Grab) Barbarian 2 / Totemist 4 (I think it is 4) / Totem Rager is nasty for Warforged. Equip a one handed weapon to make as your primary attacks to take advantage of BAB, Whirling Frenzy, and Haste attacks and go to town with Girallon Arms. I believe there are other methods to get bite attacks and stuff as Warforged, which could be nice.

If you ever run into DR, you could always swap to a two-hander with Power Attack (assuming you are not too feat starved).