PDA

View Full Version : Abusing Glyph of Warding

Jeff the Green
2013-05-24, 05:11 PM
I'm working on protecting some of my cleric's possessions, and that's made me think about glyph of warding.

The spell allows you to place a protection on a container that either does 1d8/2 levels or casts a harmful spell on whomever opens it.

Of course, my mind immediately goes to spell component pouches.

The problem is that the spell must be harmful, but I'm sure we can get around that. What spells are there that can be argued to be harmful but that a cleric might want to cast on his allies/himself?

Pickford
2013-05-24, 05:17 PM
I'm working on protecting some of my cleric's possessions, and that's made me think about glyph of warding.

The spell allows you to place a protection on a container that either does 1d8/2 levels or casts a harmful spell on whomever opens it.

Of course, my mind immediately goes to spell component pouches.

The problem is that the spell must be harmful, but I'm sure we can get around that. What spells are there that can be argued to be harmful but that a cleric might want to cast on his allies/himself?

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere/Telekinetic Sphere? (protects the person from physical damage)

Gildedragon
2013-05-25, 03:02 AM
Cure spells: pretty harmful to the undead

Necroticplague
2013-05-25, 12:19 PM
Cure spells: pretty harmful to the undead

On a similar note: Inflict spells or Harm if you yourself are undead.

Xervous
2013-05-25, 03:02 PM
I'll add to that spells that function along the alignment axis, if you are facing evil guys, its hard to go wrong with some of these.