PDA

View Full Version : Small cosmetic changes

MikelaC1
2013-05-24, 06:22 PM
In the last couple of hours, Ive noticed some small, mostly cosmetic changes on the site, and also there is now a spell check in action on posts. The cosmetic things are hard to define because they are so small.
Is this something that was done to the site, or is my computer doing it on its own...it did have an update earlier today.

KillianHawkeye
2013-05-24, 06:25 PM
I don't see any spellcheck, or any other differences at all actually. Maybe it's your browser?

Rawhide
2013-05-24, 06:27 PM
It's not the site.

ShadowFireLance
2013-05-24, 07:26 PM
Might be Firefox? Mine did that and I've noticed a few odd things here and there.

MikelaC1
2013-05-24, 07:35 PM
I don't use Firefox. But now, even when I'm typing out a post, it does a spell check, underlining wrong spellings. The scroll up and down arrows look different, the scrolling bar is different, and the box to change between incoming and outgoing PMs look different.

Malak'ai
2013-05-24, 07:42 PM
I've had the spell check the whole time I've been a member of the forums. I thought it was just standard until I used a friends computer (who was running Google Chrome) and it didn't come up.
I use FireFox on both my laptop and desktop.

ShadowFireLance
2013-05-24, 07:43 PM
I don't use Firefox. But now, even when I'm typing out a post, it does a spell check, underlining wrong spellings. The scroll up and down arrows look different, the scrolling bar is different, and the box to change between incoming and outgoing PMs look different.

What browser do you use?

MikelaC1
2013-05-24, 08:09 PM
Internet Explorer

McDouggal
2013-05-24, 10:47 PM
Internet Explorer

Yah, it's changed for me too. Changed during the last Windows update.

erikun
2013-05-25, 12:09 AM
Are you by chance running Windows 7? Because there was a recent Windows update changed IE9 to IE10. IE10 has a spell checker build into it (Tools > Manage Add-Ons > Spelling Correction) and some other little things like an "x" next to username logins and an eye-symbol next to passwords (which reveals them).

MikelaC1
2013-05-25, 12:16 AM
Are you by chance running Windows 7? Because there was a recent Windows update changed IE9 to IE10. IE10 has a spell checker build into it (Tools > Manage Add-Ons > Spelling Correction) and some other little things like an "x" next to username logins and an eye-symbol next to passwords (which reveals them).

Yes, I am using Windows7 and both of those little things are there as well.

erikun
2013-05-25, 11:53 PM
I am 95% certain that the cosmetic changes you've noticed are the changes from IE9 (which Win7 previously used) to IE10.

I have noticed no differences on the forum between now and before the crash, besides the search not working. The forums most certainly do not have their own spellcheck-function.

Ridai
2013-05-26, 11:57 AM
Just to confirm, both the little cross (clears the field) and eye (shows the entered characters) in the name and password fields (respectively) are IE 10 features.

The spellcheck is also an IE 10 thing and can be disabled by unchecking a box in the lower left corner of the window detailed above (or see this link (http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-built-in-spell-checker-feature-in-internet-explorer-10-ie10/) for a description with pictures on how to disable it).