PDA

View Full Version : Ups and Downs of Pseudoreality

Gildedragon
2013-05-24, 10:17 PM
So I was wondering if anyone knows of ways of modifying the pseudoreality of specific shadow spells. I am aware of the things that up the pseudoreality to past 100%, but are there abilities that let you up or down the pseudoreality to particular spells (this shadow evocation will be 70% real, as opposed to the last one I cast which was 60% (or 80%)). I'd be particularly interested in knowing if there's a way to change the pseudoreality of a spell post casting.

AuraTwilight
2013-05-24, 10:45 PM
Uh...Heighten Spell and other Metamagics? They basically let you choose power levels as far as determining what spell slot you cast it from.

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-24, 10:49 PM
You can always choose the caster level you cast any spell at (down to the minimum required to cast that spell).

Der_DWSage
2013-05-24, 11:17 PM
If you're a Gnome, (Or have a flexible DM) Shadowcraft Mage you can use Heighten Spell + silent Image up to 9th level spells, and make them 10% real per spell level in the process. This is what Aura is referring to.

However, if you're not a Shadowcraft Mage, then things get a little more complicated. Enhanced Shadow Magic can grant an extra 20% damage to Shadow Evocation spells, but not to Conjuration spells that don't explicitly cause damage, like the Orb series.

Shadowcrafter (Underdark, p.43) can enhance your shadow spells by up to 20% by the time you reach 8th level. Not horrible, as it gives various other bonuses and full spellcasting progression, but not great.

If you have a particularly uncooperative DM and want to count as a Gnome anyway, 3 levels in Stoneblessed can make you count as a Gnome-though your caster level will take a hit.

I'm sure there's other cheese out there, but aside from one feat, an okay prestige class, and the Shadowcraft Mage's use of Heightened spell, there's not a whole lot of cheese to apply to shadow stuff. Then again, I've been proven wrong before-surely someone out there has some extra gouda to apply.

Xervous
2013-05-24, 11:23 PM
Post casting, the only things I know of that affect spells currently in action are incantatrix's metamagic funsies, the dispel family, and perhaps three or four feats... Don't think there's anything to be had here for quasireality.