PDA

View Full Version : PTU: Two Steps from Death

Arcran
2013-05-25, 12:30 AM
Hearthome City. Calling it star-studded would be a massive understatement. The social elite of Sinnoh rub shoulders with one another. Films, plays, and, of course, Pokemon Contests. Hearthome is truly the city of wonders, a place where anybody can find their future. A place of wonder.

These thoughts run through the head of most currently occupying Hearthome on this fine night. All, except Brent. The pale young boy wasn't exactly made to run, but that's what he currently is doing. He has no time to take in the wonders of the city.

Being touched by Death himself has always brought persecution towards Brent, but never of this sort. The mob literally chasing after him with torches are zealots of Ho-Oh, the Lord of Life. This abomination, this creature of the underworld, can not possibly be allowed to exist.

"Demon!"
"Abomination!"
"Freak!'

At least seven of these men, clad in masks covered in bright plumage, chase after this odd boy.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 12:45 AM
Brent panted as he sucked in the cold night air. These guys were nuts! Life necessitates death! One cannot exist without the other! He barks back at them between gasps.

Brent ducked into an alleyway suddenly. He wasn't sure where he was heading but anywhere where he could face them one on one was better than an open street.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 12:49 AM
Brent panted as he sucked in the cold night air. These guys were nuts! Life necessitates death! One cannot exist without the other! He barks back at them between gasps.

Brent ducked into an alleyway suddenly. He wasn't sure where he was heading but anywhere where he could face them one on one was better than an open street.

While ducking into an alley doesn't do anything to deter your pursuers, it does put you a few feet further ahead than you had been.

You see a garbage dumpster up ahead, blocking most of your path. Unless you manage to quickly climb it there is a good chance the people pursuing you will catch up.

Acrobatics! Unless you have a shenanigan to pull.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 01:01 AM
Brent pushes himself, trying to gain as much momentum before trying to scramble over the dumpster.

[roll0]

Arcran
2013-05-25, 01:04 AM
Brent pushes himself, trying to gain as much momentum before trying to scramble over the dumpster.

[roll0]

While far from a professional acrobat, you manage to easily pull yourself over, jump across, and continue to sprint forward.

The dumpster proves a little more of a detterent for your pursuers, but the one that seems to be the leader easily hurdles it, chasing at least five meters ahead of his cronies. His hand turns to fire, and a flaming bolt just barely misses you.

Up ahead, you can see the silhouette of the Hearthome Gym, likely your only chance to get away with little conflict.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 01:07 AM
Hades, spasm. The Litwick materializes from his ball next to Brent's head, firing a ray of weirdness at the leader as Brent made his last dash at the Gym.

Confuse Ray, if it wasn't obvious.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 01:14 AM
While confused, the man continues to run forward, somehow managing to be gaining on you!

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 01:18 AM
Gas! Give him the gas! Brent cries, a hint of panic leaking into his voice. The Litwick's flame gives off a thick cloud billowing out at the man.

Smog AC 5 Special Poison, Poisons on 13+
[roll0]
[roll1]

Arcran
2013-05-25, 01:21 AM
A wave of heat erupts from in front of the man, burning away the toxic fumes. He continues to pursue Brent, a ball of fire materializing on his hand, flying forward and hitting Brent dead on in the back!

"Burn for your crimes Demon!"

17 damage.

The Gym is just ahead. One good last bit of speed should let you reach it...

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 01:27 AM
Hades shifts quickly into the attack, the flames fueling his wick to a brilliant blue flame. Brent snatches the Candle, wordlessly thanking the little candle as he huffs through the final stretch.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 01:47 AM
As you try to race forward and reach the gate, a burning hand grasps your shoulder.

"Let's try to conventional method!" the man says, slamming a fist into your stomache just as a thick fog falls over the square. You hear muffled thuds just feet away, but it seems that only this man is attacking you.

9 damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 01:54 AM
Brent grunts. Want to fist fight? Fine! Brent hops backwards, throwing a punch at the air.... only for his hand to bloodily detach from his forearm flying into the man's face. As the hand finds it's way back to the bloody stump, Hades flame flares as a ball of blue flame rockets forward. Brent mutters under his breath, an aura of ill-fate surrounding the nutter.

Shadow Punch No Miss Physical Ghost
[roll0]
Ember AC 2 Special Fire Burn 18+ (+1 DB from Flash Fire)
[roll1]
[roll2]
Activated Omen. -2 AC for leader dude.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 11:06 AM
The man gets knocked heavily back by the fist, staggering off of you. The blast of flame hits him, but it seems he is used to the flames.

"You are an abomination of Life. Only the Lord Ho-Oh has the power to raise the dead, not the dark powers you commune with! I cast you out!" he shouts, running forward, body ablaze, only for a large metal staff to crack across his head laying him low.

What did I tell you about going near the Church District? Fantina says, offering you her hand. Especially at night! Explain yourself, she says with a stern look.

The mist begins to fade, and you can see the other six on the ground, unconscious, a Haunter grinning maliciously as it slaps one of the cultists.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 11:12 AM
Brent takes his mentor's hand sheepishly. Avoiding her intense gaze, he mumbles I was just enjoying the night air. I just lost track of where I was.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 11:23 AM
Fantina sighs tiredly. You can't let that happen. They would have tried to kill you. You're just lucky that idiot was throwing fireballs at you and not jets of water. You could have been killed, she says once again, obviously worried.

You've been hurt, she says, looking at the rapidly swelling black eye. Come on, let's get you inside. Somebody call the cops for these idiots, alright?

And with that, Fantina ushers you into the Gym.

While most Gyms close around ten at night, that's when this one gets the most active. While many of the Ghost Trainers are more like Fantina, there are some that look almost like a Vampire. A large statue to Girantina dominates the entry way in thanks for him allowing some piece of the dead to return to the world of the living.

We have some people trying to join the Gym. Can you do me a favor and test them? Fantina asks, pushing her hair back in as the Haunter tried to undo her intricate hairstyle. She'd had the thing as a Gastly only last week, and now it was a powerful Haunter, a true testament to her power.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 11:31 AM
Brent cricked his neck; first left then right. Alright. Hades you up for a friendly battle or two? The Litwick nods emphatically, his little flame flicking around.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 12:19 PM
Fatina gives you a thankful look, then heads off to do Gym Leaderish things.

The first person that comes in is at least as pale as you and dressed in clothes that would make it seem she was goth due to the amount of spikes and leather. She is smoking a cigarette.

"Hi, I'm Jessica," she says, the voice coming out of her mouth bubbly and excited. "Are you the person I'm supposed to battle to join the Gym?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 12:22 PM
A creepy smile spreads across Brent's face. I am your opponent. Tell me, why do you wish to join our Gym? With a stylized grace, Brent releases Raffael in front of him. The Stunky's perfectly groomed fur parted down the middle.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 12:33 PM
"The people here are so nice! And they use Ghosts! Most Ghost trainers are mean, but these ones are nice to me! They don't make fun of my clothes!"

She sends a Zubat out onto the field, the bat flapping its wings to keep itself in the air.

You are faster.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 12:36 PM
And why do you dress as you do? Raffael stays put, his stare intensifying as he focuses himself.

Focus Energy

Arcran
2013-05-25, 12:46 PM
And why do you dress as you do? Raffael stays put, his stare intensifying as he focuses himself.

Focus Energy

"Because it makes me look pretty!" she says, giving a very clumsy pirouette.

"Tickles, use Supersonic!"

The bat flies forward a ways, piercing waves of sound echoing out, disorienting the Stunky.

You are Confused!

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 05:54 PM
So you wish to join us for acceptance then? Fury Swipes! Raffeal reels at the bewildering sounds. Through a moment of clarity, he lunges forward, swiping furiously at the mon.

[roll0] AC 6 Physical Normal
Rolled 6 OOC, hits 3 times
[roll1]

Arcran
2013-05-25, 05:56 PM
"Hah! He's vulnerable! Tickles, Bite him!"

The Zubat swoops down, but the erratic movements of the Confused Stunky force him to miss.

"Of course I want to be accepted! Do you know how hard it is for pretty girls to use scary Pokemon like Ghosts!"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 06:07 PM
Is membership necessary for acceptance? Scratch. Raffeal manages to maintain his focus, swiping at the Zubat.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Normal
[roll1]

Arcran
2013-05-25, 06:13 PM
"You kidding? You can't exactly hang out with only Gym members if you're not a Gym member!" she says, watching her Zubat get hit hard.
"Tickles, leech back some life!"

The Zubat bites down on the Stunky, fangs pulling out far more than they should.

You're lucky this isn't 1st Gen...

19 damage to you.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 06:18 PM
I see. Is this your last option? Your last ditch effort? Raffeal continues to struggle through, swiping at the Zubat twice.

Fury Swipes AC 6 Physical Normal, 2 hits
[roll0]
[roll1]

Arcran
2013-05-25, 06:21 PM
"This is my third time trying to join, but everybody here is so strong! Leech him again!"

Once more, the bat bites down, sucking the life out of the Stunky. It leaves the Stunky weak and unable to create any sort of biotic field to slow down Special Attacks.

17 to you.

And we have the first Injury of the game! (cheering)

You lose 1 Stage in SPDEF until your Injury is cured!

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 06:26 PM
How long between challenges? Raffeal finally succumbs to confusion tripping over his own feet. After seeing Raffeal's condition. I am forfeiting him. I do not wish him any more undo suffering. Hades, lets go.

Raffeal: 15/59, 1 Injury
Confusion Struggle: [roll0] Defense taken into account

Hades at A12, speed: last

Arcran
2013-05-25, 06:43 PM
The bubbly girl grins.

"A ghost! That's what we've been training for! A real ghost! Bite it!"

The Zubat flies forward, it's maw dark, fangs slamming down heavily on Hades. The candle flickers dangerously, huge chunks of the wax missing. The light goes low, weakening future attacks.

46 damage to Hades.

You gain 2 Injuries (Massive Damage, 50%)
-1 to both Attack and Special Attack.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 06:49 PM
Brent barely flinched slightly at the attack. Enough. You have won the battle. Congratulations. C'mere Hades. We'll go get you patched up. Jessica, if you'd like, would you accompany to the Center?

Arcran
2013-05-25, 07:06 PM
Before Hades is even fully returned, you're almost tackled to the ground in a vicious hug.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!" she says, her spiking clothing making the hug rather uncomfortable. She grabs your face, kisses you, then steps away and starts bouncing in a circle, Zubat in her arms, as she spins in a circle.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" she shouts, drawing more than a few odd looks.

Something happen? Fantina says, coming up behind you with a large smirk on her face.

"I won! I'm in the Gym!" Jessica shouts, seeming like she might explode with happiness.

Fantina grins. We'll get you all inducted in the morning. Why don't you go with Brent to get his Pokemon healed up?

"O~kay! she says, putting her arm through yours.

"Do you know where the closest Center is?" she whispers.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 07:08 PM
Wiggling to get himself free. Yes, yes I do. Try to give me some warning before you hug me. These kind of hurt. He says poking a spike on a side.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 07:13 PM
"Oh, sorry, I forgot," she says sheepishly, momentarily sad before she literally starts bouncing with joy. "I'll get some non-spikey clothes for giving hugs, 'kay?"

"Lead the way!"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 07:14 PM
For a Ghost enthusiast you sure are lively. Its just down the road. Brent leads the way, cradling the injured Litwick in his arms.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 07:16 PM
For a Ghost enthusiast you sure are lively. Its just down the road. Brent leads the way, cradling the injured Litwick in his arms.

Soon enough you arrive at the Pokemon Center. A Nurse Joy designated only for Hearthome Gym Members recognizes you, waiving the two of you over.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 07:18 PM
Brent sets Hades down along with Raffeal's pokeball. Hello. Our newest member and I need some healing. She packed quite a wallop on my poor pokemon.

Arcran
2013-05-25, 07:49 PM
The Nurse nods, looking over you the odd new Trainer. She gives you an odd look; normally Trainers healing were complaining about getting thrashed by you.

"We'll need at least an hour and a half for the Stunky, closer to two with the Litwick," she says, taking them into the treatment area. "The Zubat will just take about twenty minutes."

"You wanna go do something while we wait?" she asks, trying to shift her clothes so the spikes won't hit you to little avail.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-25, 08:27 PM
Brent scootches a few inches from the twirling girl. Sure. What do you have in mind?

Arcran
2013-05-26, 05:57 PM
"Well, she said two hours," she says with a mischievous grin.

"How about a movie!"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-26, 06:02 PM
Sure. Whats out now? Brent lead the way to tue nearest theatre

Arcran
2013-05-26, 06:04 PM
"Uh," she says as she heads towards the theater, looking for a list.

"Pride and Porygon, The Weavile in the Dark, World War Gastly, and How to Lose a Gardevoir in 10 Days. Only half are rom-coms!" she says excitedly.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-26, 07:13 PM
"Uh," she says as she heads towards the theater, looking for a list.

"Pride and Porygon, The Weavile in the Dark, World War Gastly, and How to Lose a Gardevoir in 10 Days. Only half are rom-coms!" she says excitedly.

World War Gastly sounds good.

Arcran
2013-05-26, 07:23 PM
World War Gastly sounds good.

"That's what I thought too!" she says, dragging you to the ticket booth, insisting that she pay for the tickets since you let her win the battle. She also gets a huge tub of popcorn, carrying it inside with her.

The movie itself isn't bad. The premise of an ancient tomb opening to release millions of Gastly isn't the worst you've seen, but the zombies and special effects are obviously fake. Jessica seems to enjoy it though, especially since she mentions having her own Gastly. In the end, the hero purges all the Gastly with salt, which apparently kills zombies. Who knew?

Throughout the movie, Jessica constantly makes small advances. Leaning on your shoulder, trying to touch your hand while you reach for popcorn. It's almost like she's flirting with you. She must be really happy about getting into the Gym, especially since it seems she thinks you let her win.

Basically like early color movies, for reference.

Jessica is still somehow super excited, skipping around like nothing happened.

"Can we go pick up our Pokemon now? Or do you want some food?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-26, 07:36 PM
Lets grab our mon. Are you alright? She wasnt really his type. Far too lively, he can barely keep up with her.

Arcran
2013-05-26, 07:54 PM
Lets grab our mon. Are you alright? She wasnt really his type. Far too lively, he can barely keep up with her.

"I'm great!" she says, spinning around once again.

On your way to the Pokemon Center, you realize just how late it is. The middle of the night. The kind of time when you could get mugged...

Perception!

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-26, 08:09 PM
[roll0] perception.

Arcran
2013-05-26, 08:11 PM
As you walk in the dark, you notice an odd fellow following you, creeping just a little closer to Jessica with every step...

In his hand, you see the glint of some kind of metal.

As you turn forward, you see a small shape move quickly in the dark.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-26, 08:25 PM
Jessica, release your Gastly. We have unwelcome company. Brent tensed up, throwing a punch. His faint shadow in the moonlight extended his shadow arm at the shape, erupting from the ground connecting.

[roll0] For da crtiz (or not)
[roll1]

Arcran
2013-05-26, 08:31 PM
The shadowy arm connects with the shadowy creature, sending it rolling across the ground, but still conscious.

"****! Run Tymo! They saw us!" the other guy shouts, running for it.

Jessica's Gastly, however, has other ideas. It quickly begins chasing the man, cackling maliciously, ignoring Jessica's commands. Jessica chases after it, returning in a hurry.

"Stupid Ghost..."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-26, 08:34 PM
You have issues commanding your Gastly? Brent makes sure the man was far gone before letting his gaurd down.

Arcran
2013-05-26, 11:24 PM
You have issues commanding your Gastly? Brent makes sure the man was far gone before letting his gaurd down.

1 TEXP for being a hero.

"Yeah. Don't know why. I'm always nice to him!"

Soon enough, you reach the Pokemon Center, the nurse hands you your Pokemon, and they lock up for the night.

"Do you get to stay at the Gym? Or do you stay somewhere else?" Jessica asks. "I don't wanna rent a hotel room if I get a room at the Gym."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-27, 10:17 PM
I stay at the Gym. You don't have to, its optional.

Arcran
2013-05-27, 10:24 PM
I stay at the Gym. You don't have to, its optional.

"You have free rooms?" she asks excitedly. "I'll ask Fantina for one!"

Soon enough, you arrive back at the Gym in one piece. Jessica gives you a quick peck on the cheek, then goes off to find Fantina for a room, skipping happily.

You can either sleep or do whatever you want at this point.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-27, 11:01 PM
As much as the night life excited Brent, he was tired. He had an eventful night already and it was only 3 am! He finds his room, tiny little thing with the bare essentials. Finding his (rather hard) bed, he plops down quickly falling asleep.

Arcran
2013-05-27, 11:13 PM
You get a rather restful nights sleep. Your dreams have been gone for awhile, and once again you don't wake up shivering in the cold.

You wake up not to the alarm clock (as you normally do), but instead to a light knock on your door that somehow echoes throughout the room. 6 am? It's going to be a long day...

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-27, 11:23 PM
Ugh.... Brent crawls out of bed (literally). It takes him a minute to pull himself up and open the door. Hullo?

Arcran
2013-05-27, 11:26 PM
Ugh.... Brent crawls out of bed (literally). It takes him a minute to pull himself up and open the door. Hullo?

Fantina's there, a note in her hand.

Meeting in the briefing room. Some folks down in Celestic Town found an old tomb. Said there's a lot of Ghosts. Be in the briefing room in five. And put on some pants.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-27, 11:29 PM
It takes till after Fatina leaves for Brent to process the information. He was not a morning person. He throws on some dress slacks and a nice button shirt, heads toward the meeting room. Hades rested on his head, taunting the boy with fake-sleep.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 12:14 AM
It takes till after Fatina leaves for Brent to process the information. He was not a morning person. He throws on some dress slacks and a nice button shirt, heads toward the meeting room. Hades rested on his head, taunting the boy with fake-sleep.

As always, you get some odd looks for the Litwick. People said it was unnatural, not from here, but that's not true. You haven't seen anybody else in Sinnoh with one though...

Soon enough, you arrive in the briefing room, a large number of the younger Gym members assembled there as well, including Jessica, who eagerly pats the seat next to her.

Take a seat, take a seat, Fantina says, holding a fair number of slides as she tries to turn on the old projector the Gym has been using for ages.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 12:25 AM
Brent sits next to Jessica, not paying her too much mind. So Ms. Fatina. Whats with this tomb? Must be important getting us up so early.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 09:40 PM
Brent sits next to Jessica, not paying her too much mind. So Ms. Fatina. Whats with this tomb? Must be important getting us up so early.

Fantina nods, finally getting the first slide up.

I've gathered you all here for your first true out-of-Gym job, Fantina says. Looking around, most of them are somewhat new inductees.

Two weeks ago in Celestic Town, a small mining company found some ruins. They claim that there are multiple Ghost Pokemon within, and strong ones. If our information is correct, we believe it to be a tomb of one of the Baron's of the Platinum Empire. For those of you not very good with history, that means a very important dead guy.

Brent, as well as two aids of his choosing, will go to check out the ruin and investigate. We'll equip you all for the trip. A smaller group is better; you'll just cut through up north through the edges of the Great Swamp for a direct route to Celestic Town. You'll be able to stop in Littlewet Town to resupply on your trip there. Upon arrival, your job will be to investigate the rumors, and see if the ghosts present any harm to the citizens of Celestic Town. After that, you'll return here.

So Brent, who will you take with you?

Jessica eagerly looks at you, clearly hopeful.

Around the rest of the room, there are seven other candidates, all right around your age and skill level. Josh is one of the bigger members of the Gym and a bit of a brawler, but he still uses Ghost Type Pokemon. Steven is an Aura Seer who can channel Ghost powers. Miranda is simply a Trainer, but a damn good one. Keeli and Feeli are twins who own a Ghost Plusle and Ghost Minun, rare and expensive Pokemon in Sinnoh. They are both rather accomplished Trainers as well. Melony is a Medic, and skilled at keeping a team together. Finally, there is Soru, a White Magic Medium who tends to smoke a lot.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 09:52 PM
Miranda, Melony. Pack your things, we are leaving in two hours. He makes a point of avoiding contact with Jessica.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 10:04 PM
You feel a sharp pain on your shoulder as Jessica punches you.

"I thought we were friends..."

Melony and Miranda nod.

Fantina gives you a curious look, as if she had expected differently.

You two, pack you things and meet at the gates in half an hour. Brent, if you need to pack anything up or make preparations, I suggest you do them now. Meeting adjourned.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 10:12 PM
Brent gave Jessica a hard glare. I was simply choosing the best people for the job. Melony's medical training will be useful incase the ghosts are a threat and Miranda's pokemon will supplement my combat abilities nicely. He makes a point of not mentioning her own inabilities as a trainer. I'm off to get some supplies.

He heads towards the mart, buying some camping supplies and a few pokeballs.

This was all bought at Char gen, just fluff buying it now.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 10:17 PM
Still, despite you simply stating the facts, Jessica still sobs at the news, running out of the room.

Both Melony and Miranda are waiting in front of the Gym, a small wagon with a Rhyhorn ready to pull set up in front, a thick shock collar around its neck.

It shouldn't take you more than a week to reach to reach Celestic if you make good time, Fantina says, tossing the rest of you gear into the cart. Be careful. Old ruins tend to have traps, and those are never fun.

Fantina gives you a pat on the shoulder before continuing.

Just be careful and come back safe, alright?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 10:31 PM
Oh course Ms. Fatina. We will be back before you know it. Brent bows repectfully to his mentor, before climbing into the cart with the girls.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 10:32 PM
Perception!

The other two girls climb in, both shaking your hands somewhat hesitantly. It seems they know a little more about your reputation.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 10:41 PM
[roll0] PERCEPTION!
Brent sighs. His infamy precedes him, how he never knows.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 10:42 PM
As you look through the cart, you see a small spike peeping up through the piles of supplies...

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 10:47 PM
Melony, Miranda, which one of you packed the cart? He kept his eyes trained on the spike. He wanted some more information before he tried to do anything about it.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 10:48 PM
"We didn't pack it. We had some of the people you didn't pick pack it. Josh, Keeli and Feeli, and that crying girl, if I remember correctly."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 11:00 PM
Brent sighs heavily. Then we might have a probelm. Brent studies the spike, trying to puzzle out what it was.

[roll0] Intuition

Arcran
2013-05-28, 11:03 PM
You get the odd feeling that the spike is attached to somebody you have recently made cry.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 11:11 PM
Jessica, what are you doing here?

Arcran
2013-05-28, 11:13 PM
A voice obviously trying to be spooky comes from the packs as the spike sinks lower.

Jessica is not here! Ignore to spike if you wish to live!

It's not really working, and comes out more panicked than spooky.

She's so damn weird, Miranda mutters as Melony rolls her eyes.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 11:15 PM
Brent sighs (again) and shifts the things concealing Jessica. Go home Jessica. Ms. Fatina put me in charge of this mission, so I'm excercising my authority. Go. Home.

[roll0] Pathetic charm go!

Arcran
2013-05-28, 11:18 PM
Brent sighs (again) and shifts the things concealing Jessica. Go home Jessica. Ms. Fatina put me in charge of this mission, so I'm excercising my authority. Go. Home.

[roll0] Pathetic charm go!

"But I got my Gastly to listen! Look!" she says, tossing out the Pokeball.

"Stick out your tongue!" she says, the Gastly instantly obeying the command!

Don't they always do that? Miranda mutters to Melony.

Fantina comes up, patting Jessica on the shoulder.

We'll find some other job for you, alright? This one is clearly too dangerous.

Despite you trying to let her down easy, you make Jessica cry and run into the Gym once more.

"Can we leave before something else weird happens?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 11:24 PM
Yes, yes please. I'm already worn of that girl.

Arcran
2013-05-29, 12:43 AM
Soon enough, the cart is rolling through town. While the Rhyhorn is not perfectly obedient, the Shock Collar keeps it easily in line.

As you exit through the northern gate, the guards give you an odd look, as if staring at people already dead in the ground.

Miranda and Melony start playing a game of cards, offering to deal you in, but not seeming too disappointed when you decline.

Soon enough, you reach the bridge where you should be able to start the marsh road, except there's a little problem. The floodwaters are abnormally high, actually washing over the bridge.

"What the hell is doing that," Miranda muses, looking upstream.

A sign nearby has a few directional pointers.

<-- Ranger Station, Oreburgh
Solaceon Town -->
^ Celestic Town

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-29, 10:09 PM
Hmmm. I guess we will head west towards the Ranger Station. They can point us to a point where we can cross, at the very least we can set up camp there till the floodwaters recede.

Arcran
2013-05-30, 12:10 AM
Soon enough, your cart is rolling down the road towards the Ranger Station. As you near though, you see odd scorch marks all around the road, as well as the Ranger station. The building itself looks almost like it's been firebombed, but the scorch marks are too isolated for that...

Tech Edu, Occult Edu, General Edu, and Perception.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-30, 12:15 AM
No.... what happened here?

Tech: [roll0]
Occult: [roll1]
General: [roll2]
Perception: [roll3]

Arcran
2013-05-30, 08:44 PM
You aren't able to either discern what caused the damage nor what did not. The marks will likely remain a mystery for the near future.

As you look at the area, you see somebody moving around...

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-30, 08:50 PM
HEY! Hey are you ok!? Brent runs over to the person. He was expecting a survivor or the culprit.

Arcran
2013-05-30, 11:31 PM
As you run in, you hear the click of something being loaded, and rush into a man clad in Ranger uniform, Styler at his belt, a handcrossbow in his hands and pointed right at your head. From the bloodstains across the entire left side of his body, you easily deduce he has been wounded.

"Who the hell are you? Are you with them? Come to finish me off you bastards?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-30, 11:33 PM
Brent's hands raise slowly, Hades dousing his flame down to a smolder. No sir. Just a traveler trying to figure out what happened.

Arcran
2013-05-30, 11:36 PM
The man doesn't lower the crossbow, instead nodding towards a table where you can clearly see a medic's pack.

"Medical kit there. Slide it to me nice and slow."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-30, 11:39 PM
Brent does as he says. He wasn't innocent here, despite the flaming candle on his head.

Arcran
2013-05-31, 01:49 AM
"Thanks," the man says, finally lowering the crossbow, although he doesn't set it down, trying to patch himself up with one hand.

You hear feet behind you, only for Mirella and Miranda to walk in as well.

"So if you're not with them, why in the blazes are you here?" he says, tossing his Styler aside to better access his wound. "Need some help with some wild Pokemon? I'm a little otherwise incapacitated," he says, gesturing to his wound.

Intuition and General Education.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-31, 01:51 AM
We were heading towards Celestic Town, but the bridge was blocked by the flood waters. We were trying to find a detour.

[roll0] General
[roll1] Intuition

Arcran
2013-05-31, 08:48 PM
You're getting an odd feeling from this man, as if he's not telling the whole truth. And how the hell is he bleeding if there were scorch marks?

"Flooded? Bastards that sacked this place probably have something to do with that too. You see anything odd on your way in?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-01, 07:41 PM
Besides this no. How did you get that wound? What happened here exactly? Brent's face was stoic, but his shadow clenched its fist in preparation.

Arcran
2013-06-01, 08:11 PM
Besides this no. How did you get that wound? What happened here exactly? Brent's face was stoic, but his shadow clenched its fist in preparation.

"Shrapnel," the man says simply, sitting down in a chair.

"I'm not sure. Something came by, shot the place up, then left. Part of the window sill broke off and stuck in my side. I was the only Ranger here fortunately. The others should be here soon," he says, oddly not using the medical kit. He is fiddling with something inside of it though...

Perception! Also Technology Education.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-01, 08:18 PM
[roll0] Perception
[roll1] Tech

Stop lieing. Don't move. What are you doing here? Hades hops off Brents head, sensing his owners hostility. Melony, Miranda, where are you?

Arcran
2013-06-01, 08:25 PM
Right behind you, Melony whispers. Should we put our Pokemon out?

You aren't able to discern anything about the medical device, although the man doesn't stop fiddling with it as he speaks.

"I'm just a humble Ranger. Do you have a problem with that?" he asks, stopping just long enough to place a Pokeball on the table.

"I will warn you that assaulting a Ranger is a crime that is borderline treason, depending on the circumstances. Assaulting an injured one would likely be treason."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-01, 08:40 PM
If your a Ranger, then why are you dodging my questions? Yes, I don't trust this guy.

Arcran
2013-06-01, 09:24 PM
Mirella releases a Glameow, while Miranda drops a Pokeball to release a Misdreavus.

"Kid, this is your last warning. If you don't return those Pokemon this instant, I will be forced to arrest you," he says, a bead of sweat forming on his eyebrow.

What should we do?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-01, 09:28 PM
If your a Ranger, where is your badge? Don't attack till I do.

Arcran
2013-06-02, 12:46 AM
"Somewhere in this medical kit," he says, slamming the lid shut and sliding it across the floor towards you, the case ending up right next to you.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I just got a call," he says, sprinting and diving out the back window headfirst.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-02, 12:56 AM
Melony, Miranda get out of here! Brent snatches Hades and dashes as far as he could from the medkit as he could.

Arcran
2013-06-02, 01:16 AM
You manage to dive out the door just as a sharp *CLICK* is heard from the medkit and the whole thing explodes, sending waves of fire rolling outwards.

As you look up from the ground, you can see that your two companions are fine, if a little burned. The entire Ranger Station is consumed in flames, and the waves of heat rolling off are enough to make your hairs curl.

"Think anybody is still in there?" Miranda asks, worried.

Right on cue, you hear screaming from somewhere below the floor of the Ranger Station.

"That would be a yes," Melony says, picking up her medical kit. "Either of you have a Water Type?" she asks, only to look worried that nobody has anything to put out the flames.

"Is there anything we can do?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-03, 07:04 PM
Hades, phase in and find the person trapped. Lead them out if you can. If not, well. May Giratina ferry his soul to the afterlife.

Arcran
2013-06-03, 11:48 PM
Hades rolls his eyes, not even bothering phasing, drawing the flames in around him with his innate Abilities.

That poor bastard, one of the girls mutters.

Soon enough, Hades floats out, nodding, but for some reason the person isn't following him. He is bobbing up and down excitedly though, as if trying to communicate something...

Let's say Intuition to figure out what he's "saying".

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-03, 11:53 PM
[roll0] Intuition

Arcran
2013-06-04, 09:42 PM
[roll0] Intuition

From Hades' gestures, it would seem he was indicating lifting, as if he was trying to push something up with his tiny wax body. Perhaps the person is trapped?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-07, 10:07 PM
Lets go. Hades lead the way. Brent follows the Litwick, indicating his companions follow.

Arcran
2013-06-07, 11:08 PM
The Litwick does its best to absorb the flames, but unfortunately cannot grab them all, and the sheer heat damages you slightly as well.

Singed clothing and 5 damage.

He leads you to a small closet where the door seems to have collapsed outwards, revealing a lithe young Ranger currently lying unconscious on the ground, her mouth, arms, and legs bound. A rather large piece of a wood, likely one of the beams, is on top of her legs. They have to be broken, at the very least.