PDA

View Full Version : Help with GURPS character.

kiryoku
2013-05-25, 03:19 AM
Okay this character is the child of two scientists that worked for the confederacy on project BellWood. studying the zerg. Hes a Terran but... hes half zerg in the brain. but he lacks that key thing in most zerg that makes them slave to the overmind/queen of blades. But something he picked up from them is what I need help picking out. I am kinda new to the whole GURPS thing in general.

1 he has the ability to make the zerg "see" another zerg instead of him.

2 Okay mind control heavily modified works sorta. its a 100 pt buy just for it.
base 50pts -10% (telepathic), -40% (zerg only), +150% (extended duration (permenent) = 100 pts. this lets him control zerg and only zerg for an unlimited amount of time. Then I added Mind Link as well at 9 points so he can tell 2-9 of them what to do as long as they are mind linked. Letting him control them with thoughts.

Just curious if anyone can help me do better then this.

Just so everyone that dosn't know what starcraft is thats what this is based off of. So ya. o-o also hes one of the rare few to avoid ghost training.

Gahrer
2013-05-27, 07:41 AM
Have you decided on a condition that will dispel the mind control? (The Extended duration (Permanent) enhancement is worth +300% otherwise.) Telepathic and Accessibility (Zerg only) looks good.

How do zerg work mechanically in the campaign? Do they have Slave Mentality, are they non-sentient, do they have Duty (to the overmind for example) etc? What are a zergs principles? What kind of control you can enforce over them with this power depends a lot on that. (See Reprogrammable.) Check this with your GM.

On getting the point costs down: The best way to do it is probably to pick a large number of limitations initially and to buy them of as the campaign progresses and your character becomes more skilled at using his ability. Limitations that might be good are Emergencies Only, Limited Use, Nuisance Effect (maybe he needs to make strange noises or something), Preparation Required, Takes Recharge, Sense Based (if he needs to speak to the zerg or touch it for example), Takes Extra Time, Onset (if the control takes a while to kick in) or maybe Uncontrollable. The last one would be really funny. :smallbiggrin:
Pick a few of the ones mentioned until the ability has a more reasonable price. This sounds like it could be a really fun character! :smallsmile: