PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Feinting Rogue/Swordsage Goblin build help

Man on Fire
2013-05-25, 10:48 AM
Okay, I'm preparing build for gestalt game. What I want is Goblin who can fight in combat without use of any srt of magic (so no Duskblade or Paladin, ToB is fine) and fight honorable (no sneaking up from behind, he rather fights face to face). He uses Feints to deal sneak attack damage. What I have so far:

Half-Rakshasa (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/half-rakshasa.shtml) Air Goblin Swordsage 11//LA 3/Swasbuckler 3/Rogue 5
Str 6 Dex 18 Con 13 Int 14 Wis 16 Cha 15
Feats:
Level 1: Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Weapon Finesse (bonus)
Level 3: Rapid Assault
Level 6: Daring Outlaw
Level 9: Telling Blow

Now, I would need some suggestions about maneuvers to pick up and maybe other suggestions about fetats, good PrC to pick up, when take some warblade levels, or general build advice. Any ideas?

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-05-26, 02:49 PM
Honorable...Sneak Attacking... Well, that's interesting. Well, I'd suggest using the Distracting Embers (not really flanking or sneaking, just distracting them like the feints). This will help with damage. Taking Shadow Blade Feat will also help with damage, and craven is a good idea in any case. Drop Telling Blow and Rapid Assault; Craven will make your damage increase much more than that. Basically, in combat, engage enemy and distract them with your swift action, followed up by a strike or such. Take Assassin's Stance and watch your damages increase to crazy amounts.

Man on Fire
2013-05-26, 03:35 PM
Honorable...Sneak Attacking... Well, that's interesting. Well, I'd suggest using the Distracting Embers (not really flanking or sneaking, just distracting them like the feints). This will help with damage. Taking Shadow Blade Feat will also help with damage, and craven is a good idea in any case. Drop Telling Blow and Rapid Assault; Craven will make your damage increase much more than that. Basically, in combat, engage enemy and distract them with your swift action, followed up by a strike or such. Take Assassin's Stance and watch your damages increase to crazy amounts.

So, feats would go into something like this:
Level 1: Combat Expertise, Improved Feint (flaw)
Level 3: Shadow Blade, Weapon Finesse (bonus)
Level 9: Craven

Through, with Distracting Embers maybe I should drop Combat Expertise and Improved Feint and go
Level 1: Shadow Blade, Adaptative Style (flaw)
Level 3: Martial Study, Weapon Finesse (bonus)
Level 9: Craven

Or mybe even drop the Swasbuckler completely, get Int down to 10, add those 5 points to Wis, go on that side Fighter 2/Rogue 6 and like this with Feats:

Level 1: Shadow Blade, Adaptative Style (flaw)
Level 3: Martial Study, Weapon Finesse (bonus)
Level 4: Martial Stance/Study (bonus)
Level 6: Craven

What do you think?

Man on Fire
2013-05-29, 01:44 PM
Bumpin the post, because I finally had a moment to go and make a list of Maneuvers and Stances.

Desert Wind
Distracting Ember
Flashing Sun
Leaping Flame
Holocaust Cloak

Diamond Mind
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Ruby Nightmare Blade
Mind Over Body
Insignightful Strike
Greater Insignightful Strike
Pearl of Black Doubt

Shadow Hand
Clinging Shadow Strike
Shadow Blade Technique
Cloak of Deception
Shadow Jaunt
Assasin's Stance

Tiger's Claw
Rabid Wolf Strike
Death From Above
Dancing Mongoose
Leaping Dragon Stance

Any ideas or suggestions what to change or remove?

SciChronic
2013-05-29, 02:16 PM
keep in mind that swordsages have the worst recovery technique of the initiator classes (do nothing for 1 full round action, get back 1 maneuver).

also consider knowledge devotion, you have the skill points through swordsage and rogue, but you may need to find a way to open up more knowledge skills.

Island of Blades is an easy way to get "flanking" without actually flanking, if you consider that viable for your character's honorable standpoint.

also consider the acrobatic backstab skill trick for getting people flat-footed.