PDA

View Full Version : Amnesia mid-campaign

Deaxsa
2013-05-25, 01:14 PM
Is there any good way to do it? I'm thinking that you could do a time skip, only events occurred during the time skip of which the players are unaware. (Ie, you stop playing at the last point in time the characters would remember after their memory loss). Only problem is, you (as dm) would have to make sure the loss of memory was not a function of any PC choices.

Does the playground have any other suggestions? Problems they see with my plan? Ways to fix the whole "shoving words in PC mouths" issue? I think it would be really cool to implement, if done right. (And really fun to play too, having to sleuth out the events that occurred during your memory loss)

One more thing: are there any spells that would totally ruin this whole plan?

nedz
2013-05-25, 01:29 PM
It's hard to do well due to inadvertent meta-gaming, also Thought Bottle.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-05-25, 01:41 PM
First, ask your players if they're cool with a plot twist like this.

Secondly, after reaching the last point before the amnesia starts, ask them what they intended to do during the black-out time. That gives you a much better jumping-off point. If you really trust your players, you can ask them to come up with a long list of events that could have happened, and then pick-and-choose to get the actual events.