PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Help

Preaplanes
2013-05-25, 01:21 PM
Okay, so I'm taking a level of Contemplative and am worshiping Garl Glittergold. I have the Good Domain (what? We're up against a LOT of evil things this campaign and the whole party is Good aligned it's not a bad choice given those circumstances) and the Trickery domain.

Which domain should I take next? good domain list I found (http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/ASMoNM/domains.html)

Also, any good recommendations on what to Divine Persist in a party of myself, a Paladin (spirited charge with lance), Wizard (generalist), and a dual-falchion Fighter?

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-05-26, 02:01 PM
Huh... I'd suggest Divine Persisting Footsteps of the Divine and then some sneaky abilities to try and become a skillmonkey out of combat. For your last domain, I'd suggest Creation for the illusion spells and creation powers, which will help with poisons and creating various alchemy.

GilesTheCleric
2013-05-26, 06:42 PM
Looks like Garl's domains are Craft, Envy, Gnome, Good, Greed, Law, Protection, and Trickery.

-Craft gets you major creation and forcecage.
-Envy gives you +1 to negative levels/ability drain, bluff, limited wish, simulacrum, and wish.
-Greed and Law don't give you anything.
-Protection gives you +cleric lvl to 1 save, and mind blank.
-Trickery gives you bluff, invisibility, nondetection, mislead, polymorph any object, and time stop.

It seems like there's only three choices. Mind Blank, Simulacrum, and Poly/Time Stop. Which of those three spells do you need most? I personally recommend either Protection for the save+mind blank, or Trickery for the general trickery. If you don't have a wizard who can cast it in your party, you'll probably want to grab Mind Blank over anything else.

In terms of DMM:P, there's not too many spells that you really need to use it on. I recommend anything that's rds/lvl or min/lvl. Spells longer than that can just be cast normally, or extended if necessary. My personal favourites are protection/circle against x, mass/bear's endurance, lesser/greater/superior resistance.