PDA

View Full Version : Rewards for my party [PF]

Man on Fire
2013-05-25, 04:16 PM
I noticed I horrible flaw of me as the GM - I don't give my players any loot. My party is horribly underequipped. It may have something to do with me rarerly doing dungeoncrawls and a lot of my enemies just running away when they go down below 3/4 of hp.and with the fact my players don't now the game well, some have troubles with English and y general frustration whenever I try to find any item at SRD site (they couldn't just sort them by the prices). Game is currently going on hiauts until September. When it resumes I want to give each of the players something special. As in their last two game before the hiauts they saved king, prince and entire royal court from assasination attempt by Kobold-posessed Alchemist and twarted plot to unleash army of zombie druids on entire city, I decided to go and give them all loot as if they started on level on which the game will ressume - 10.

So, everybody will be getting loot worth 62000 gp. and for reasons stated above I could use some help picking items for each party member.

The Party is:
Half-Orc Paladin with likeness to use heavy weapons, has so far heavy flail +1, Dispelling Ogre Hook with ability to go Grayflame 1/day, flaming Greataxe and Deathless Fullplate Armor +1.
Half-Elf Druid with Amulet of Natural Armor +1 and wand of cure light wounds.
Elf Wizard with Headband of vast Intellect +2 and Neckale of Fireballs type II
Elf Inquisitor with Rapier +3 and Leaf Armor +4
Half-elf Witch with Braces of Armor +3, ring of ****erspelling and 2nd level Pearl of Power.
Half-Elf Bard with amulet of natural armor +2, Rapier +1 and guitar that multiplies all her bardic performance checks and performance related checks x1.5 times.

Each of these I want to give items worth 62000 gp each and I'm utterly lost about what to give them. Any ideas? Suggestions? Would rather keep it PF but suggestions for 3.5 items are cool too.

Gildedragon
2013-05-25, 04:42 PM
Firstly: If you have access to the Magic Item Compendium, check it out it has an appendix devoted to treasures by level-appropriateness. Sure it isn't PF but it's close enough and the stuff can be really cool. Especially item sets and relics.
Second: Check out Weapons of Legacy, also 3.5, it has neat ideas for item customization. Drop the penalties for them and go nuts.
Third: the bard might benefit from an item familiar (limit it to skill point investment), and the wizard would probably love a Flying (Magic of Faerun) Riverine Gauntlet. Mage Hand with more strength and a touch attack delivery system. Or a spellblade (dispel magic) or the like.

As to Pathfinder Items:
A Jingasa of the Fortunate soldier
Iounstones if the damaged sort... Oooh a circlet of whatever set with iounstones. Makes it look regal and crownlike and allows for a number of abilities.

Druid: wisdom boosting item, a piece of mistletoe that allows x metamagic y times a day

Gavinfoxx
2013-05-25, 04:42 PM
"You each are given two months time to equip yourself by a friendly kingdom, vouchers for custom eqipment worth 62000 for the magical artisans in a kingdom. No items exist yet. These are vouchers, anything you don't get will be wasted. I want your list of purchases by next gaming session."

Man on Fire
2013-05-25, 05:07 PM
"You each are given two months time to equip yourself by a friendly kingdom, vouchers for custom eqipment worth 62000 for the magical artisans in a kingdom. No items exist yet. These are vouchers, anything you don't get will be wasted. I want your list of purchases by next gaming session."

As I said above - some of my players don't even know english. Heck, Bard doesn't have internet to read the items list at all. And everybody are quite new to the system and simply got horribly confused and lost whenever they had to pick up a magic item last time. It's a great group, but I know they don't understant that mess with items and quite frankly, they don't like going through dozens of describtions (that include decribtions of qualities and special propherties) and tables of prices and all of that. I don't want this to be punishment, but reward, you know, and forcing them to do what they don't like isn't a reward at all.