PDA

View Full Version : Help with rewards

R_G_R
2013-05-25, 04:21 PM
Ok, so I have this level 2 party and we are playing in Freeport. The members are an Elf Sorcerer, a Human Pelor Cleric, an Elf Rogue and a Half-orc Barbarian. It's their first time playing (at least 3.5, the Cleric has played Pathfinder but not too much) and they are about to finish the first adventure. I really want to reward them because I feel they are playing really good (minus the usual "I touch everything in the room until I activate the trap":smallbiggrin:) but I can't really think on something that would be useful for ALL the party and I think a magic item for each of them so early in the game would be kind of weird. So... what do you guys think I could give them without overpowering them or derrailling the campaign?
Ah also, if I'm asking this is because the rewards the adventure presents aren't really that interesting, or at least that is how I feel.
PS: Sorry for the typos, English isn't my native language :smallredface:

Xervous
2013-05-25, 04:29 PM
Masterwork items that they currently do not possess: weapons, armor, and tools.

Low value consumables that are generally useful. A Wand of Lesser Vigor or Wand of Cure Light Wounds (if no access to Spell Compendium) makes everyone happy with more heals to go around plus the cleric doesn't have to waste spells healing people now. Other interesting wands are also good choices if the party is likely to use it a lot. Though be sure to toss in some extra treasure for them later (once they've used these consumables) if you are following the wealth by level guidelines.

A few (2-3) Cure light wounds potions may also come in handy.

A bag of holding: if you are enforcing encumbrance, this will make players happy; the tier 1 version weighs 15 and holds 250.

eggynack
2013-05-25, 04:53 PM
I'm just going to post Shax's indispensable haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101). It's what I look at whenever I want to find nifty mundane items. For example, shapesand. I didn't know anything about it before reading that handbook, and it's brilliant. It basically make any mundane item with a DC 16 wisdom check. Basically, just read through it, and find cool stuff for low level characters.

R_G_R
2013-05-25, 08:10 PM
Oh thanks for your answers :smallsmile: I think I'll go with a consumable (that Wand of CLW is looking at me...) and maybe the Haversack for later in the game. Right now I don't think they could handle such a device, also I would have to translate the whole thing to spanish, sooo maybe for another time xD. Although I was wondering, do you guys think that giving them a free hideout or something like that would be adequate? Since the Freeport book only suggests them staying at an inn (not an expensive inn but still) I thought that perhaps a nice place of their own would be useful.