PDA

View Full Version : GitP Warhammer 40K: DoW, DC tournament!

blackout
2006-11-29, 10:52 PM
OK, I am pleased to announce the first ever Giant In The Playground Games Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War, Dark Crusade 'Planetary Conquest' tournament! Here's how this is gonna work.

The maps list in Dawn of War is pretty simple, but there's alot of maps. So, I came up with the idea of 'geographically' linking each map to the others. Anyways, each map is linked directly to the map above it and the map below it on the list. So, each race gets an equal number of maps, and they take turns assaulting eachother's 'lines.' If a player wins a game on a map, they control that map. First race to take over the 'planet'(control every map on the list) wins. If you lose all of your maps, your race is effectively 'wiped out.'

To increase the fun of the game, all players SHOULD be a little more strategic. Don't spam with one unit type. Use a relatively realistic mixture, and try to think like an actual military commander.

No computer players are to be used during the tournament, on any game, and only two races can participate in any one game.

Be nice during the competition, show courtesy to your opponent, and have fun. :)

Each player has a 'stronghold map,' on which they should gain the advantage. This can be any of the maps under their control. Rules for stronghold maps are the same as all other maps, but the attacker is restricted to fighting with only a squad cap of 15-16 rather than 20, and same thing for vehicles. This is to try and see how good the attackers can play without a full force.

For the turns, I have determined the turn order: Chaos, Tau, Orks, Imperial Guard, Necrons, Space Marines, Eldar. If a race gets wiped out, then the remaining players just skip that player's turn.

Depending on which player's turn it is, that player will decide on a map to attack, will choose what kind of game it is(ie. Take and Hold, Control Area, Assassinate, etc.) and then, depending on who wins that game, the attack will either be repelled, or the map will be taken over by the attackers.

For ALL games, there are to be NO full-scale assaults until at least ten minutes into the game. You can capture strategic points, critical locations, relics, fortify your position, build up your army, whatever, just don't attack the enemy base, even if you know where it is. Your soldiers can have skirmishes with the enemy's troops, but these small fights should be restricted to a couple of small infantry squads, maybe a minor fortified position, and maybe a vehicle or two. I know it's tempting, but NO rush-tactics.

Also, for pure roleplay value, each player is to post an in-character 'journal' of sorts in this thread for their army's commander, just for grins. :)

Each race has a special advantage not in the game coding. The Orks have permission to attack five minutes into the game rather than ten, the Imperial Guard have permission to spam with one tank unit, but not infantry, the Chaos forces can attack twice in one turn, the Necrons can ignore squad/vehicle limits when attack stronghold maps, the Tau can ignore realistic mixtures all around, but still can't spam with one unit, the Space Marines can spam with infantry, but not tanks, and the Eldar can attack a map two maps away from the edge of their territory.

Players are now permitted to volunteer for a specific race for the tournament.

The tournament will most likely go on over a course of several weeks, possibly even months. The starting date isn't set yet, nor are the maps each race will start with.

Now, Imperial Guard, take up arms for the Emperor!

Space Marines, arm the Predators and wake the Dreadnoughts! The end of heresy is at hand!

Tau, fight for the Greater Good, and for your families back on your homeworld!

Necrons, purge this world of all life and bring to the enemy the sweet release of death!

Eldar, you must fight to defend yourselves! Destroy all who oppose you!

Forces of Chaos, down with the rotting carcass on the Golden Throne! Blood for the Blood God!

Orkz, youz all came ta give dese weaklingz a good stompin'! Prove youz got what it takez ta be real Orkz! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

END TRANSMISSION

grassy
2006-11-29, 11:24 PM
I don't get it...

(ps DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!)

Jalil
2006-11-30, 02:07 AM
cool, but idk if ill have time... good luck to those who play!

Crazy Owl
2006-11-30, 02:15 AM
I volunteer for the mighty Hordes of the Dark Gods. Blood for the Blood God!

blackout
2006-11-30, 06:06 AM
:) Ok, the Forces of Chaos have been chosen by Crazy Owl. I want to participate, so I'll be taking the Tau. For the Greater Good! :) That leaves IG, Necrons, Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar. Take your pick people, your running outta choices fast!

blackout
2006-11-30, 07:27 AM
Slight edit to the rules.

Crazy Owl
2006-11-30, 10:32 AM
So we are using our own paint schemes right? And making up a new commander not just the normal ones?
edit: Actually could I be Space Marines Instead of Chaos. Also I noticed that the more powerful races seem to get to go first, wouldnt it be more fair if went more like. IG, Orks, Eldar, CSM, SM, Tau, Necrons?

blackout
2006-11-30, 03:46 PM
Yes, you can be space marines, the other turn order works, too. :) So long as we can agree on a preset order for turns. And what do you mean by a 'new commander?' Also, yes, personally designed paint schemes are a must. :) Paint makes every army unique!

Crazy Owl
2006-11-30, 05:54 PM
Well your answer to my other question answered that one, I was making sure we werent just reinacting the Kronus war and that everything would be the same. The chapter of the Emperor's Wings shall clense this planet of all its taint.
Kill the Mutant
Burn the Heretic
Purge the unclean.
Edit: THe Emperor's Wings
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3070/emperorswingstacticalmawc1.png

blackout
2006-11-30, 07:06 PM
Oh, no. We won't be re-enacting the Kronus war. :) That would be dumb. Different army commanders, different armies, different paint schemes, different battlefields, different planet, different everything except for the basic human needs(ie. the races, and the weapons, and the units, etc.). :)

But, I took the liberty of writing a prologue for the war. Enjoy. *nerd-powers activate.*

The planet Yulargyra. A planet with conditions as harsh as they are diverse. The planet has long been colonized by devout followers of the Immortal Emperor of Mankind, it's people nothing more than common farmers. But not all is well on this insignificant pebble of a planet.

The Forces of Chaos have begun to assault the planet, followed quickly by a Tau colonization force, and an Eldar fleet. While the armies are shooting eachother, they are all a threat to the integrity of this world. The Space Marines and Imperial Guard land on the planet to drive off the Xenos and the Heretics, but constant disagreements between General York, and Space Marine Captain Julius Delmory lead the two to believe that the other is under the influence of the Chaos Gods. As a result, the two armies begin to clash as well. Meanwhile, Orks have landed on the planet, intent on looting and plundering, while a Necron force awakens beneath the planet's surface. The Chaos Lord Skroy continues his advance against the enemy lines, while the Ork Warboss Orkynought leads his army of Boyz against anything that moves. The Necron Lord of Yulargyra leads his army of silent warriors against the living, and the Farseer Kaol-ty begins to fight against any that his army sees. And during all of this, the Tau leader, Shas'O Mauay, continues his campaign to secure this planet for the Greater Good.

The war for Yulargyra, an insignificant world, hardly worth all of this bloodshed, has begun.

I hope you guys don't mind that I named each of the officers. :(

The_Squid
2006-11-30, 09:01 PM
Sweetness. The men of the 51,19th Cadian Reargaurd Armored Airborne Division volunteer their services in the upcoming conflict.
Men of the 51,19th, Advance! For the Emporer!

blackout
2006-11-30, 09:03 PM
>:) The Imperial Guard is gonna get trashed by the power of the Tau!
Competitiveness aside, glad to see ya joining in, Squid. :) Good luck, good gaming, good hunting. :)

The_Squid
2006-11-30, 09:06 PM
Any ideas on the times for this?

blackout
2006-11-30, 09:07 PM
Not yet. I want to wait until we have enough people, and everyone has a relatively clear schedule for a decent-sized period of time.

The_Squid
2006-11-30, 09:11 PM
Well, i've got a semi-cluttered schedule. I can really only play on teusdays and weekends...

blackout
2006-11-30, 09:12 PM
Well, that's ok. It doesn't really matter, so long as the tourney ends eventually. :) Still, good luck in the tourney when it finally rolls around. I'm thinking sometime around the holidays, though.

The_Squid
2006-11-30, 09:19 PM
Sounds good, Tau bastard. :smallsmile:
Die, Xenos.

blackout
2006-11-30, 09:28 PM
:P IG cannon fodder. You die by the thousands, and this time, you'll run outta more meat for the grinder!

The_Squid
2006-11-30, 09:33 PM
Run outta meat. Not run out of more meat. Have grammar, Xenos fool.

blackout
2006-11-30, 09:38 PM
Ack. Knew I made a mistake in there...Still, you're forces will be good tests for the new targeting computers in the battlesuits for my infantry. :)

NEO|Phyte
2006-11-30, 10:07 PM
Incidently, have you worked out how you're going to hook up for the games?

blackout
2006-11-30, 10:15 PM
Internet. :)

NEO|Phyte
2006-11-30, 10:57 PM
Internet. :)
Elaborate. Direct IP connections? Hamachi? Hoping you can locate each other in whatever lobby service DoW uses(if any, I've never tested)?

Crazy Owl
2006-12-01, 02:18 AM
Theres normally only about about 20 games at the most in the most popular room which is America, just post it in a different countries lobby and put GitP in its title and stick a password on it an we are good to go.
edit: Just reread your back story, my commander is call Trebek?! Pretty sure that isn't an Imperial name. Also Necron Lords don't have names, for example on Kronus he is just called Necron Lord of Kronus.
Could you change it so my commander is called Julius Delmory please?

blackout
2006-12-01, 07:37 AM
Okeydoke. On it. And Neo, I'll have to think on that. Never played multiplayer before, which is part of the reason for me holding this tourney.

blackout
2006-12-01, 05:46 PM
SERIOUS rule update, regarding army leaders and a little surprise ;) .

Crazy Owl
2006-12-01, 06:20 PM
Looks good to me.

blackout
2006-12-01, 06:50 PM
:) Glad you approve. I like it. Also, before anyone asks why the Eldar have a disadvantage along with their advantage, where all the other races didn't get a disadvantage, I didn't know how else to make things fair. :(

warbacon
2006-12-02, 02:36 AM
Oh man, this sounds like lotsa fun. I read through the entire 11 pages of the DoW thread, and have gotten to know some of you a bit, I think. :smallsmile: I'd love to join you all, but sadly I just don't have the time.

Besides, you already have Tau player, and let's face it, Tau are just the coolest. I don't know if I would have the heart to really roleplay another race in this campaign.

IG? That stands for "Idiot Guardsmen" in my book.
Space Marines? Zealots. Powerful zealots, mind you, but still zealots.
Chaos? Annoying, and far too red for my liking.
Orks? You gotta be kidding me.
Eldar? Niiiifty ... (honestly, I don't have any serious experience with them yet.)
Necrons would be my second choice, I suppose ... You really can't argue with a race which is decidedly Lawful Evil. And dead. And has Gauss weaponry. And tends to get up when you blow them apart. And has the most dastardly dangerous HQ ever designed.

So, good luck to all of y... Wait, who am I kidding?

Crush them for the Greater Good, blackout! :smallbiggrin:

Crazy Owl
2006-12-02, 02:44 AM
Curse you Xenos sympathizer, the Ordo Xenos will be hearing about this mark my words.

warbacon
2006-12-02, 03:24 AM
Curse you Xenos sympathizer, the Ordo Xenos will be hearing about this mark my words.

And what do you call your particular brand of heresy, hrmm? HRMM? A servant of Chaos, invoking the will of the Emperor? How foolish.

Not to mention, misguided.

The forces of Chaos aren't exactly what I'd call a natural phenomenon ... and how *human* can you call your thralls? Not very, I think. Your "home" (if you can call it that) resides in the center of Eldar space, from my understanding. The awakening (creation, really) of your blood-crazed gods may have even been a side-effect of bored Eldar looking for fun.

You are far from a pure and free being. YOU, champion of Chaos, are the incomplete being that should be destroyed. YOU, and all the other short-lived, temperamental humans like you, must be purged.

.. It's just that the Necron Lord is currently preoccupied, and we're leaving it to the Tau to mop up. Tee hee.

blackout
2006-12-02, 09:06 AM
Well, if you want, we NEED a Necron player for the tourney. Your more than welcome to join, if your schedule gets altered sometime before the tourney starts. And no worries, I will. :) Also, Owl switched from Chaos to standard Space Marines for the tourney. So, Chaos is still open.

Crispy Dave
2006-12-02, 11:15 AM
the ork warboss has just arived and is ready for squashing those puny imperial heads and those caose boys as well hopefully i can get a copy ofthee new expanshen but im not positive

blackout
2006-12-02, 11:17 AM
Sweeeet. Orks are taken, that leaves Necrons, Chaos and Eldar. :() Wow. People are lining up fast. :) Welcome aboard, Crispydave. Have you read the tournament rules clearly?

blackout
2006-12-02, 01:30 PM
EDIT: Changed the turn order and the Eldar advantage. Note: For the turn order, I just flipped coins.

Everto
2006-12-02, 02:48 PM
I'd love to play the necrons but when I try to make an online profile it says that the password I provided is incorrect.
Advice please.

blackout
2006-12-02, 02:56 PM
Are you logging in, or registering? ;)

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-02, 03:08 PM
Well nuts. Marines and Guard are taken, and everything else sucks. Guess I'll have to play another time.

blackout
2006-12-02, 03:11 PM
Whoa, what about Chaos?

Everto
2006-12-02, 03:24 PM
Are you logging in, or registering? ;)

Registering ofcourse.:smallamused:

Rai
2006-12-02, 03:41 PM
You know the Necron don't show up in your turn order, right?

And if I didn't have to be internetless through January, I would totally be all over this. Because worlds don't purge themselves of all life.

And uh, since Necron don't exactly speak, would they be posting in journals? Just curious.

blackout
2006-12-02, 03:42 PM
OK, then do something else. can't help ya. Also, no, sry, didn't realise that, I'll fix it. Yes, Necrons would have to post a journal, just, more like a computer log of some kind.

Renegade Paladin
2006-12-02, 05:10 PM
OK, then do something else. can't help ya. Also, no, sry, didn't realise that, I'll fix it. Yes, Necrons would have to post a journal, just, more like a computer log of some kind.
Bah. Just write it like this. (http://tsoalr.com/view.php?date=2004-02-23) :smallamused:

blackout
2006-12-02, 05:51 PM
That works. :) Now, Renegade, about the whole 'not participating', what about Chaos marines? They basically play the same way, just a little different looking and with different gear.

Tom_Violence
2006-12-02, 06:25 PM
I'll admit this sounds interesting, but one question does remain - how are you gonna police this? Given that you've got loads of crazy house rules in there (like only allowed one commander for the entire thing, squad caps, etc.) that might be a problem. Also, are you planning on having teams? Or is it strictly a 'one man per race' dealy?

Still, sounds interesting.

NEO|Phyte
2006-12-02, 06:33 PM
I'll admit this sounds interesting, but one question does remain - how are you gonna police this?

I'd say the easiest way is require replays of every battle to be posted for judging, and/or spectators for the actual fight.

blackout
2006-12-02, 06:35 PM
:) That's exactly what I was going on. Replays for two-man maps, spectators for everything else. It's strictly one-person per race.

The_Squid
2006-12-02, 07:15 PM
I have to say the whole commander deal sounds hard to enforce and kinda stinky for teams like IG. Is their "commander" the command squad, or the general? if the general dies, can you re-buy him for the squad? Because he is much weaker than the others.

blackout
2006-12-02, 07:23 PM
Command squad's the commander, and if you re-buy the general, I guess it could be a simulation of a medic bringing him back from the brink of death after he got severely wounded...so, the entire command squad has to die.

The_Squid
2006-12-02, 07:28 PM
Still, being able to spam infantry but not tanks is a pretty crummy ability. Gaurdsmen die really fast to anything stronger than a damp cloth, so a swarm of gaurdsmen actually isn't all that good.

blackout
2006-12-02, 07:29 PM
Still, it fits. That's what I'm going for. Why else would Eldar be able to attack two maps in one turn? Their FAST! That's what they do.

The_Squid
2006-12-02, 08:27 PM
But it's a crummy ability! I don't care if it fits all that great. Maybe my companie is a armored company? Then I could spam tanks. And why would space marines spam tanks? Their tanks are for support, not frontline fighting. Why do you think IG tanks are better?

blackout
2006-12-02, 08:35 PM
Ok, fine. I'll switch em. Marines spam infantry, guardsmen spam tanks. Geez.

The_Squid
2006-12-02, 09:41 PM
I'm not trying to be annoying, just making it fair. If anyone can spam infantry, they should spam good infantry, not infantry that die really easily without support. That would nullify many IG strategies.

blackout
2006-12-02, 09:50 PM
Still, I'm trying to make this seem to fit in with the 40K universe's logic, AND be fair. Sorry, but it just seemed like the guardsmen would be more infantry based, with tank support when appropriate.

McDeath
2006-12-03, 01:09 AM
Additional rules are just going to lead to problems. I would make it each side gets one attack a turn, period. If I actually had Dawn of War, instead of occassionally playing it at my friend's place, the Necrons would have their commander.

Crispy Dave
2006-12-03, 01:30 AM
ok the one comander thing is kindov bullcrap because if your comander gets crushed the first game your screwed and the warboss is very important to an ork armyand orks would simply promote a new warboss they are simple they just throw a bunch of bigger orks in a pit and the one who makes it out alive is the new warboss

blackout
2006-12-03, 02:31 AM
You sure about that, crispydave?

Everto
2006-12-03, 05:16 AM
Additional rules are just going to lead to problems. I would make it each side gets one attack a turn, period. If I actually had Dawn of War, instead of occassionally playing it at my friend's place, the Necrons would have their commander.

I agree and now the Necrons have their commander(me:smallbiggrin: ).

ok the one comander thing is kindov bullcrap because if your comander gets crushed the first game your screwed and the warboss is very important to an ork armyand orks would simply promote a new warboss they are simple they just throw a bunch of bigger orks in a pit and the one who makes it out alive is the new warboss

You should use full stops and I agree.

Edit: How about posting your usernames for DoW? Mines Fredz0r.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-03, 12:25 PM
Vindicare_X. I don't think we should be doing the one commander thing. Wouldnt a new guy just be promoted?

blackout
2006-12-03, 12:55 PM
Hmm. Point. So, instead of one commander per tourney, how about one commander per game? All penalties remain if you lose the commander for that one game. Just for the record, I doubt a new commander can be promoted when the enemy's all over you, hence the waiting of the new game to start for new commander.

The_Squid
2006-12-03, 02:09 PM
No, I really think that's just too hard to enforce. How will you know how many people they have, or if they have another HQ? Plus, with Orks, one of the Mega-Armored Nobz takes over and bosses everyone around. The Necron Lord can resserect and be re-summoned. The Imperial Gaurd could have a colonel or liutenant taking command with his retinue, so on.

blackout
2006-12-03, 07:01 PM
Ok, commander rules and whatnot are gone, then. Still, I just thought that would be a nice house rule. My bad. :) Also, edited the racial advantages.

Crispy Dave
2006-12-04, 05:58 PM
my username is not yet on and it has been confirmed i wont be able to get the non-pirited vesion of the game till cristmas so unless we start after that im out

Crazy Owl
2006-12-04, 06:00 PM
Well we havent got all the races yet so youve probably got some time.

blackout
2006-12-04, 07:50 PM
Yeah. I need to practice on hard for a long time anyways, so I can be ready for anything when the tourney finally gets in gear. So, I'm not ready either. No biggy.

The_Squid
2006-12-04, 11:54 PM
Ya, I'm not exactly pro either :smallfrown:. I should get a-practicing! By the way my screen name is Squidus_III.

blackout
2006-12-04, 11:58 PM
Mine's sir_pwnsalot...What?

Crispy Dave
2006-12-05, 11:03 PM
my username will mostlikly be crispyave but im not sure yet

perhaps after this torney we could ask Rich if he would mind us making a clan under his site it can consist of all gitp gamers who want in and we could do other games too

blackout
2006-12-06, 05:52 AM
I like that idea! :) Team games against non GITP folks all around!

DarkCorax
2006-12-07, 12:21 PM
Chaos is still free right? I'll take them then...

Tau: Blackout (sir_pwnsalot)
SM: Crazy Owl
Eldar: Sketch (Sketch1991)
'Cans: Everto
Orks: CrispyDave (crispydave)
Imps: The_Squid (Squidus_III)
Choas: DarkCorax (Darkcorax)

Crazy Owl
2006-12-07, 12:22 PM
Yeah Chaos are free.

Sketch
2006-12-07, 12:23 PM
If Eldar's Still free... count me in... My vision see's your rotting carcasses

P.S. I'm Sketch1991 on DC

DarkCorax
2006-12-07, 12:32 PM
my username will mostlikly be crispyave but im not sure yet

perhaps after this torney we could ask Rich if he would mind us making a clan under his site it can consist of all gitp gamers who want in and we could do other games too

there is already a Runescape club... so I don't think it will be a problem (2 posts while I was editing?:smalleek:)

blackout
2006-12-07, 04:04 PM
Ok, all races selected! Time to set a day for the tournament to begin, or a 'Zero Hour' as I like to call it, and then we set the maps that everyone starts on.

Everto
2006-12-08, 03:53 AM
There are 75 maps so 11 maps for everyone except Chaos and Tau(they get 10) coz they get first turn.

blackout
2006-12-08, 05:41 AM
Excellent. Now we just need to decide who gets what maps.

Everto
2006-12-08, 08:06 AM
We could distribute the maps every 6 maps so forinstance:
Abandon All Hope: Eldar
Absolute Zero: Space Marines
Battle Marshes: Necrons
Blood River: Imperial Guard
Deadmans Crossing: Orks
Eden: Tau
Faceoff: Chaos

And then repeat except now we begin with Space Marines instead of Eldar to keep it different.
But the stronghold maps are player chosen regardless wether the map is yours or not.
If this is ok with everyone I'll do all maps.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-08, 10:19 AM
Us picking our map for strongholds sounds like a good idea.

Sketch
2006-12-08, 12:31 PM
Aye. Hmmm, i need to go get practicing :P

DarkCorax
2006-12-08, 12:51 PM
Hmm sounds fine, just a couple of quick questions...

Choas get 2 attacks, I do them both on my turn right?

How is the map going to be organized? and who will do it?

and how about choosing the stronghold is reverse order?

Everto
2006-12-08, 01:21 PM
Just finished doing all the maps, when I have everyones Stronghold map I'll post the list.

Edit: Hadn't refreshed the page in while so I got ninja'd.
I put the maps in groups of 7 then gave every race a map from each group.

Ther are 75 maps so I don't think choosing Strongholds will be a problem.

blackout
2006-12-08, 04:16 PM
Everto: Good work so far, consider yourself my co-organizer. But all maps should be selected by each race before a stronghold is selected. You go ahead and post the list of maps, and then everyone can select their Stronghold.

Darkcorax: No, no reverse order for Stronghold selection, yes, you take both attacks on one turn, and Everto is taking care of the organization for me. :) Thanks again, Everto.

Everto
2006-12-09, 02:27 AM
Here are the maps and the owners next to it.
It won't be problem to choose your stronghold I could just switch the owners (i.e in the first 7 maps I want Blood River as my Stronghold, but IG has the map. I could easily give them Abandon All Hope in exchange for Blood River)

Colour coded for your convenience!

Abandon All Hope: Necrons
Absolute Zero: Space Marines
Battle Marshes: Eldar
Blood River: Imperial Guard
Deadman’s Crossing: Orks
Eden: Tau
Faceoff: Chaos
Fallen City: Space Marines
Fear: Imperial Guard
Hellfire Canyon: Necrons
Meeting of Minds: Tau
Outer Reaches: Chaos
Quest’s Triumph: Orks
Railway: Eldar
Riverbed: Orks
Shrine of Excellion: Necrons
Tainted Pair: Chaos
Tazin’s Folley: Imperial Guard
Valley of Khorne: Tau (stronghold)
Fortress: Space Marines
Ariel Highlands: Eldar
Biffy’s Peril: Necrons
Doom Spiral: Space Marines
Dread Peak: Eldar
Eres Badlands: Imperial Guard
Gor’hael Crater: Orks
Ice Flow: Tau
Into the Breach: Chaos(stronghold)
Janus Savannah: Space Marines
Mountain Trail: Imperial Guard
Murad Swamplands: Necrons
Panrea Lowlands: Tau
Quatra: Chaos
Saints Square: Orks
Tainted Place: Eldar
Tainted Soul: Orks
Tiboraxx: Necrons
Torrents: Chaos
Van de Mar Mountains: Imperial Guard
Volcanic Reaction: Tau
Aceria Forests: Space Marines
The Eye of Gorgon: Eldar
Totmacher’s Prison: Necrons
Agamar Dessert: Space Marines
Alvarus: Eldar
Bloodshed Alley: Imperial Guard
Crossroads: Orks
Crozius Arcanum: Tau
Dread Alley: Chaos
Fury Island: Space Marines
Hyperion Peaks: Imperial Guard
Jungle Walls: Necrons
Kasyr Lutien: Tau
Mortalis: Chaos
Orestan Plains: Orks
Pavonian Heartland: Eldar(stronghold)
Pavonis: Orks
Payne’s Retribution: Chaos
Rhean Floodlands: Space Marines(stronghold)
Streets of Vogen: Imperial Guard
Testing Grounds: Tau
Thargorum: Necrons(stronghold)
Vandean Coast: Eldar
Western Barrens: Necrons
Burrial Grounds: Space Marines
Daturias Pit: Eldar
Demes Northlands: Imperial Guard
Doom Chamber: Orks
Forbidden Jungle: Tau
Last Hope: Chaos
Morriah Coast: Space Marines
Oasis of Charr: Imperial Guard
Penal Colony: Necrons
Rhean Jungle: Orks
Thur’Abis Plateau: Eldar

Crazy Owl
2006-12-09, 03:00 AM
By the way Tainted soul and Tainted Place are the same map with differant names.

blackout
2006-12-09, 05:24 AM
I choose Valley of Khorne for my stronghold. Everyone else, select your strongholds and we can set a date and begin practicing for Zero Hour.

Everto
2006-12-09, 05:42 AM
We should have a pre-Zero Hour meeting online, so we can see if evryone can get online and we could add each other to our friends list.

blackout
2006-12-09, 08:50 AM
I like that. :) Y'know, when I first came here, I assumed that people would be a little hostile, like all the other webcomic forums I've been to, but you guys are alright.

DarkCorax
2006-12-09, 10:47 AM
I'll have "through the breach" please....

Sketch
2006-12-09, 11:23 AM
An Online meeting would be good. How long till the dead line? I'm still not sure about my stronghold. When do I have to decide by?

Everto
2006-12-09, 11:38 AM
I think we start at the end of this month or later.
You should have your Stronghold by then.
About the meeting how about next saturday 1900 GMT in chatroom Tartarus sector?

blackout
2006-12-09, 11:54 AM
Where's that?

Everto
2006-12-09, 12:02 PM
It's a Chatroom on DC online.

blackout
2006-12-09, 12:08 PM
Ah. K...link, please. :)

Everto
2006-12-09, 12:12 PM
You open Dark Crusade
You click on Multiplayer.
You click on online.
You log on.
You change your chatroom to Tartarus Sector.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-09, 12:12 PM
Hey Chaos could I switch one of my maps for your Rhean Floodlands, really wan't that map as my stronghold.

Everto
2006-12-09, 12:20 PM
You don't have to ask, I didn't ask when I changed Payne's Retribution with Thargorum, and anyway it won't be gamebreaking if that it only happens once per player.

blackout
2006-12-09, 12:21 PM
You open Dark Crusade
You click on Multiplayer.
You click on online.
You log on.
You change your chatroom to Tartarus Sector.

Ah. Well, I never bothered with chatrooms before, just skipped ahead to the action. thanks for directions. :smalltongue:

Crazy Owl
2006-12-09, 02:26 PM
Well I'll take Rhean Floodlands as my Stronghold then.

Everto
2006-12-09, 02:32 PM
Done, done, and I mean DONE.

blackout
2006-12-09, 08:59 PM
about the chatroom thing guys, I won't be able to make it. :( Just got word, I got a family reunion, of all things, that day. Chances are, I won't be online when it rolls around.

DarkCorax
2006-12-13, 12:38 PM
I might not be there ether... would it be possible to move it to sunday?

Everto
2006-12-14, 05:23 AM
I won't be there on sunday, though.
We could have one on saturday and one on sunday.

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:01 AM
How bout one on New Year's Eve? Because, chances are that'll be the only day I'll be free. I got schoolwork like crazy up to that point.

Everto
2006-12-14, 06:21 AM
Sorry, me and my nephew play on the Wii all night on new years eve.

blackout
2006-12-14, 06:33 AM
:/ Ack. Ok, so...hmm...bad news,

Sketch
2006-12-15, 01:51 PM
This is going.....slowly.... :P

Everto
2006-12-15, 03:04 PM
If everyone submitted their stronghold we could, technically, already start.

Crispy Dave
2006-12-15, 06:00 PM
sorry about this guys but i gotta drop out my computer just craped itself and i cant aford to fix it now:smallfrown:

but if do a clan thig ill still be in

blackout
2006-12-17, 06:32 PM
So, we need another Ork player. Great. Ah, well.

Sketch
2006-12-20, 11:22 AM
I'll Take Pavonian Heartland as my Strong Hold

Everto
2007-01-01, 05:25 AM
We don't need an Ork player.
We do however need everyone to submit their stronghold.

blackout
2007-01-01, 12:14 PM
Ah, I see.

Dr._Weird
2007-01-03, 02:24 AM
I just got this game, and, as a result, I suck at it. That said, I find the battles in this game to be quite entertaining. Is there any way replays of the battles could be posted here so that people could watch them?

I hope you don't mind me posting in your thread.

DarkCorax
2007-01-04, 11:51 AM
I'll See what Replays I have, and if I haave any good ones, somewhere to upload them...

Dr._Weird
2007-01-04, 04:37 PM
Thanks. I'm hoping to learn from people who are some good at this game. :smalltongue:

DarkCorax
2007-01-04, 04:39 PM
Well... "Good" is entirely Subjective... :tongue:

Dr._Weird
2007-01-04, 04:41 PM
It's not hard to be better than me. The computer on normal usually defeats me in about 30 min. at the most, if I don't get taken out by an effective rush, and can turtle well enough.

Everto
2007-01-05, 04:06 AM
I could post a really sweet replay of me playing necrons against a hard computer playing tau I won in under 11 minutes. But sadly you can't upload .rec files in Photobucket.

DarkCorax
2007-01-12, 12:31 PM
Ok... I can't put up any replays... my computer I had DoW on had gone kapput... Sorry...

i can still play though.. I've installed it on my laptop.