PDA

View Full Version : Instant Messaging

Malachi Lemont
2013-05-25, 09:56 PM
Hey. I've been hanging around this forum a while, and I was wondering if anyone here likes to do role play through instant messaging rather than forum style. Where's the best place I could look? Are there any popular IM games that I could join sometime? Thanks.

Edit: I just created an AIM account. Does anyone from Giant In the Playground choose to conduct their games on AIM so that it can feel more real-time?

SiuiS
2013-05-26, 06:16 AM
Instant games seem to use PbC instead of PbP (chat not post, get it?), but have their own platforms.

Skype is the biggest that I know of. A lot of people use Skype, and you cn even find some famous games logged from Skype, such as new world of darkness, werewolf the forsaken's Detroit Rock City. It handles things well.

IRC is the usual stop over for more computer-y folks, and have easy access to different channels (for private planning, in game events, dice rolls, and out of game chatter) and can use dice bots to facilitate ease of rolling.

Google+ or google handouts also works this way i hear, and there are "virtual table" programs which handle this aspect and also give GMs the ability to load files (maps, pictures, etc) for ease of use.